I'm up for a challenge

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I'm up for a challenge

Postby golduchi » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi all,
I am back to the McDougal way of life after 15 years of wandering in the wilderness. I was Vegan for a whole year and lost a ton, well maybe 25 lbs. but I was looking great, snagged me a man and started putting on the happy weight, the baby weight, the baby #2 and # 3 weight and now I am at the metablolism is so slow I think I'm dead. It is so hard to stick to this with a meat eater and the three little chicken eaters running around the house.
So I took matters into my own hands and jumped on the Mary mini wagon for a week and my goodness I've seen some progress! The scale has actually moved in the negative direction and I am not hungry or craving flesh. I actually bypassed every sample offered to me at Costco today and looked longingly at the huge bags of potatoes,( Alas there is not enough room in the pantry! )
So my problem is I am not accountable to anyone at this point. I think a challenge to stick with the mini say till the end of April would be a good challenge for me, and do do it with others would be great. I will post my meal plan and hopefully this will keep me from finishing the kids food that they leave behind. My poor dog is getting sick of bread crusts and half eaten burritos. So here is to the new year, the rebirth after Easter, and to all of you who join me in this. Thanks, sorry this was so long.
Start each day anew, with no baggage from yesterday. Golduchi
golduchi

April Challenge

Postby liam13 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:14 pm

I'm on board with ya. I'm lucky, my SO is very supportive of my trying to be a vegan. I hit a weight plateau of 233 and have been stuck there now for 5 straight days. Don't get it. I've been very active during those days. . . staying away from foods I know I'm intolerant of, like wheat, and dairy. Will add corn to my list as so many people are intolerant of corn too. I may have to add soy, but don't eat much of that anyway. My goal for the end of April is 10 more pounds down. I'll post here as well as often as I can. Liam
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/][img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-man2/lb/245/185/250/.png[/img][/url]
liam13

Me, too!

Postby CarolSoprano » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:33 am

I started Mary's mini yesterday (with potatoes as my starch), so I'd be glad to join you - I plan on doing it at least until the end of April, possibly May, until most of the weight is gone. I have a post up for my daily menu but I'd be glad to post here instead...

Good luck to all of us! :-D

Carol
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

Since February 15, 2010...
CarolSoprano

Postby golduchi » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:37 am

Awsome! I'll start my day soon, I'm up at 5:00 this morning, can't sleep. I have a fridge full of healthy veggies, but no time to cook them all. They seem to go bad before I get to them. I guess it will make a big pot of soup today.

B: Hash browns with sweet potatoe leftovers.

L: Salad with baked potato

D: Veggie soup, with zuccini, eggplant, potato, cauliflower, onions, carrots, and what else needs to get cooked.
golduchi

Soup...

Postby CarolSoprano » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:54 am

Golduchi: that's exactly what I did yesterday - I threw every veggie I had into a nice big pot of veggie broth (cabbage, onions, celery, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, lots of herbs and spices) and let it simmer for about 1-1/2 hours. Boy, it was delicious! I had a big bowl for dinner with 2 boiled potatoes and I was stuffed! Soup is tremendously filling and tasty, although I was in the bathroom constantly last nite! :shock:

Your menu looks good - are you going to add potatoes to your evening meal (it just says soup). Make sure you have your starch with every meal plus the yellow and green veggies and fruits.

I had a nice big baked potato with a banana this morning and I'm still full at 11 AM. This diet is great, and you don't have to do too much thinking or preparing!

Carol :-D
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

CarolSoprano

Postby liam13 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:29 am

Finally off that plateau this morning. 232.5 I'll take it. B- Oatmeal and a banana. L- McDougall stuffed green pepper, carrots and humus. D- not sure yet. Liam
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/][img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-man2/lb/245/185/250/.png[/img][/url]
liam13

I'm in

Postby earnie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:38 am

I'm in. However I have invited friends over for dinner later in the month and will have to figure out how to work with that.
earnie

Me too!

Postby CarolSoprano » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:14 am

I have a 75th birthday party to attend this Saturday and that will be a challenge but maybe I'll eat beforehand and just pick on veggies and salad (and wine!) :P

Carol

CarolSoprano

Yummy potato salad

Postby CarolSoprano » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:19 am

Mmmm, I made the yummiest potato salad today for lunch. I took 3 boiled red potatoes (cut into chunks), mixed 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 packet of Stevia (about 1/4 tsp), about 1/4 tsp. salt, and about 1 tbsp of dijon mustard together, and coated the potatoes with the mixture plus threw some chopped scallions in. Wow, it was delicious! If you don't like mustard you can leave that out (I added it to a German Potato Salad recipe I had) and it will probably be just as good.

I had the potato salad with a bowl of homemade veggie soup - very filling!

Carol :-D

CarolSoprano

I posted on my thread, but here's my Day 2 menu...

Postby CarolSoprano » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:33 pm

Breakfast - baked (nuked) potato, banana, tea w/stevia

Lunch - yummy German potato salad (3 small potatoes), large bowl veggie soup (homemade)

Snack: Salad w/fat-free dressing

Dinner - baked potato w/ soy sauce, large bowl veggie soup

Snack: grapes

It was a good day ... this diet is great! :-D

Carol
Last edited by CarolSoprano on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CarolSoprano

Postby golduchi » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:40 pm

So today went pretty well, I did add potatoes to the soup and ate a couple bowls for dinner. I am threatening the kids with it if they don't behave. They say, "but we had vegetables for lunch!"
I ended up eating left over stir fry for lunch with some noodles, my bad I know but no one else was eating it and those noodles were calling me. I just won't cook noodles again for a while. I also had a banana for a snack.
I will plan better tomorrow. There is plenty of soup for a few days, I might get sick of it. Thanks all for joining in, I really appreciate all the company!
golduchi

Postby golduchi » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:13 pm

So today is a busy day,
Breakfast: Lara Bar, Baked potato,with salsa
Lunch: Big bowl of veggie soup
Dinner: Roasted potatoes with a salad.

My challenge will be not to eat the banana bread I am going to make with the kids. Will try to make it vegan.
golduchi

potato salad

Postby golduchi » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:18 pm

I just saw someone posted they were going to make a potato salad with mustard, that sounds so yummy, off I go to the kitchen. G
golduchi

Third day...

Postby CarolSoprano » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Breakfast: hash browns w/ketchup, banana, tea w/Stevia
Lunch: Veggie soup (homemade), German potato salad (3 potatoes)
Dinner: Baked potato w/mustard, veggie saute w/garlic, onions, zucchini, yellow squash and spinach w/soy sauce & herbs (boy was it good!)

Another good day ... I've lost 2 lbs. in 2 days so I'm pretty psyched! :-D

Have a good nite!
Carol

CarolSoprano

Fourth day...

Postby CarolSoprano » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:09 pm

Breakfast: baked potato (large), banana, tea w/stevia
Lunch: 3 potatoes with fat-free honey-dijon dressing, large bowl veggie soup (homemade)
Dinner: 3 potatoes oven-baked with Lipton's onion soup mix & veggie broth (boy, were these good), large bowl veggie soup

It's amazing how many ways you can cook potatoes (and I haven't even had mashed potatoes yet!)

How's everybody else doing?

Have a great nite! :-D

Carol

CarolSoprano

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program