Dr Blaycock's natural high blood pressure regime

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Dr Blaycock's natural high blood pressure regime

Postby potato power » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:28 pm

Preview: Dr. Blaycock's natural high blood regime
Hello--
I would like to know if anyone has used or has an opinion about Dr. Russell Blaylock's protocol for controlling High Blood Pressure.

He says he has used it to great success and also that these supplements should not be taken with blood pressure medications without advice from your doctor. He also says that you should also monitor your blood pressure daily when on this protocol The protocol is below:

Hawthorn --500mg three times a day, taken with meals
PaptACE--one to two capsules three times a day
Quercenase--250 mg three times a day with meals
Tocotrienol--125 mg capsules, two caps three times a day

He says combining a healthy diet with these supplements can lower elevated blood pressure in most people--and that as
blood pressure comes under control, you may be able to quit taking the hawthorn.

I am thinking that they can all be taken with meals.
potato power

Re: Dr Blaycock's natural high blood pressure regime

Postby michaelswarm » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:52 pm

Nope. Unnecessary, expensive, potentially unsafe?

Dr McDougall provides plenty of evidence of improving the condition of your arteries and lowering blood pressure without medications or supplements. Blood pressure responds quickly to changes in diet.

Common Health Problems (Recommendations)
https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... -pressure/

- Has recommendations for high blood pressure.
- With references.

Hot Topics (Index)
https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... ertension/

- An index of links to articles specific to high blood pressure.
michaelswarm

Postby potato power » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:47 pm

Thank you for your reply and information.
I noticed in the article from the link you enclosed that Dr. McDougall recommends a blood pressure of 110/70 for people who have gotten off their medication.

I am wondering if the above blood pressure is appropriate for older people. In one of Dr. McDougall's previous articles, he said that a good blood pressure for older people was 157/80-90 because they need more blood to get to their brains. I was told I should be on blood pressure recently at the doctor's office because my blood pressure was 160. I told them that was okay because if was near 157.
potato power

Postby potato power » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:29 am

Thanks for the latest posts here from JeffN. I appreciate your time and the attention you took to compose those posts.

Below is the link to the article I was mentioning about Dr. McDougall. I do not disagree with your comments on blood pressure-although I have not been able to read them as of yet--I am sure they are they are factual and correct. I just wanted to show you where I was coming from regarding my comments.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/i ... -pressure/
potato power

Postby JeffN » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:17 am

potato power wrote:Thanks for the latest posts here from JeffN. I appreciate your time and the attention you took to compose those posts.

Below is the link to the article I was mentioning about Dr. McDougall. I do not disagree with your comments on blood pressure-although I have not been able to read them as of yet--I am sure they are they are factual and correct. I just wanted to show you where I was coming from regarding my comments.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/i ... -pressure/

I know Dr McDougalls position and have worked closely with him for the past 16 years.

My links, especially the second one, clarifies the issues and the main issue which is the difference in treating high BP with medications or with the principles of the program, which include lifestyle changes and a low sodium, low fat diet. It is the rare person who won't achieve optimal BP levels through the application of the lifestyle and diet principles we recommend. Doing the right thing is rarely contraindicated.

Let me quote the article you linked...

1) Doctors usually say that once you are on medications for blood pressure you will be on them for life. This is true only if you fail to understand three important things: 1) the actual benefits and risks of these medications; 2) the fact that a healthy diet will lower blood pressure to normal in most cases and medications can be stopped; and 3) exercise and associated weight loss are also powerful tools for reducing blood pressure and improving general health. Therefore, I strongly recommend a healthy diet (low-fat, plant-based and low-sodium), moderate exercise (like walking), and stopping coffee and tea (see my article on coffee here, from my July 2004, McDougall Newsletter)..

(NOTE: there maybe a few other lifestyle/diet issues depending on the individual.)

In addition, the same diet and lifestyle will also reduces your risk for a hemorrhagic stroke, which is about 15% of strokes. It is less common but more serious as it has much lower survival rates. Some studies have shown it maybe more common in veg/vegans

https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/view ... 22&t=47598

https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/view ... 22&t=53253

Lowering sodium may be the hardest part but also may be the most important to both of these issues.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Health Issues