Tired feeling almost always

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Tired feeling almost always

Postby Sunflwrgirl » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Ok thank you Ampin Up, I guess since I dont know what NSAIDS is or anything it was confusing me. Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it.

As of a couple years ago I have tried in every way possible to keep all "drugs" and alcohol out of my system as best I can. Which has brought me to trying to eat as "clean" as possible and as of 3-4 months ago started with using Young Living essential oils. Am loving to use essential oils and all its helped me with to include even helping my husband with as well. My next goal is to teach my husband how to do the Raindrop treatment so that he can do this for me. Have read so much on the rewards reaped from this treatment and am anxious to experience it myself as well ;)

Again I really want to say thank you so much to all of your for giving me your time and sharing your thoughts to help me. Really am hoping that to change up a bit by adding potatoes as my main/ only starch for a long period of time and having salads makes a huge difference for me. My plan is to steam my potatoes tomorrow and hopefully I can do this for a month. Thinking if I take it one week at a time, I should be fine... ;)
Sunflwrgirl

Postby Sunflwrgirl » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:17 am

Thank you LynnCS, your thoughts are very appreciated. I did manage to switch up my eating a bit more. Had plans to do the Mary's Minni, even bought all my potatoes and veggies. For the most part I am doing very well with it. I am sticking only to potatoes and veggies but I am also eating things like rice cakes. Well, they are gone now and I wont buy more for a bit since I cant seem to get enough of them. lol Which I feel like if you have serious cravings for a food they may not be the best thing for you..

I also did have my spaghetti the other day that I had mentioned to make. Felt good eating it and then about half hour later I noticed I was getting a headache again. Lead me to believe just how important it is for me to do this Mary's Minni. I think it will do me some good to keep things as basic as possible. This way I can later add in some the other starches at random to see if they cause side effects for me. I really hope that my spaghetti does not cause problems though since I do so love eating spaghetti at random. I feel like such a kid at play and it is my soul food per say

I do still need to see about getting some blood work done but I am not real excited about doctors either, so I may be a bit longer on getting that done. Gonna try to see how things go with my food first and take it from there. Last time I saw a doctor was for possible M.S. symptoms I was having and the time before that was 1.5 years prior for depression of my father passing. Guess it has to be pretty serious for me before I will go.

I did also start to take Allegra the past couple mornings. I noticed that I was having to "clear my throat" all the time. Which lead me to believe that I clearly have allergies again. I don't want to take any pills for anything, so I will probably find something in my essential oils that will work best for me soon. Am just a bit confused though that when I was eating 80/10/10 or even when I did my Master Cleanse I felt amazing and had absolutely no signs of allergies that I had for the previous 3 years before. Makes me wonder what I am eating now that has caused the phlegm to recur now...

I will research more into the sleep deprivation you speak of. Funny how not so many years ago I could stay out most all night and then get up early and stay as active as you can imagine, riding bikes and walking all over the place. Really don't like where we are stationed at now but am pushing through since of course I want to be with my husband and together we can make any place seem good. At the same time I say that, am looking forward to getting away in July and hopefully am able to ride bikes for miles outside again and walk till our hearts are content ;)
Sunflwrgirl

Postby Lesliec1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Just wondering: You said in 2012 you went vegan and gluten free. Were you tired back then too? Just wondering if you should go back to gluten free. You said you had great energy after the cleanse so I'm thinking if you just find the food(s) that are bothering you, it will make a difference.
Lesliec1

Postby Lesliec1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:59 pm

nayasmom wrote: Decaf tea can make you tired. To me this shows that decaf and herbal teas are not equal.
Robyn

Yes, I was accidently drinking "naturally decaffeinated" tea thinking it was "naturally caffeine free." Oops! It really made a big difference in my sleep. Any tiny amount of caffeine will mess up my sleep.

Are you able to post a couple days worth of what you are eating? Like every little thing? That usually helps us with the detective work.
Lesliec1

Postby Rumicat1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 am

Get a CBC and get your ferritin levels tested! Menstruating females do not always do well on a complete vegetarian diet without supplemental iron, particularly if you drink alot of coffee or tea which inhibit iron absorption. After two years of being primarily vegan my ferritin levels became very low, iron pills fixed the problem. You don't need low hemoglobin to feel tired, iron is needed for dopamine production in the brain and pretty for proper functioning if your mitochondria (needed in the cytochrome c in the mitochondrial membrane for ATP production). You can also get low iron levels due to intestinal bleeding, which happened to my vegetarian sister in law. Too much iron is not good, makes diabetes, cancer, and heart disease more likely, but too little is one if the concerns with this lifestyle choice.
Rumicat1

Postby Sunflwrgirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Lesliec1 - I went gluten free and vegetarian back around 2012. I do remember that I felt good and was about as active then as am now with fitness. Possibly a bit more now. I had to change things up a bit since I was craving allot of nuts, seeds and nut butters. That is when I decided to do the Master Cleanse that I read about and right around that same time is when I started getting M.S. like symptoms very strong and I just embraced cleaning my body out of as much toxins as I could...

I do agree with you though that to maybe do a process of elimination it might help me so much... Which is why I am trying to do as close a version to the Mary's Minni now. I feel like it is very basic and repetitious that I would think that my body would not be so confused. Since I know that I eat at random already and that I just eat what my body wants. Of course that it is McDougalls way of eating.. ;) I have started to document my foods as you have asked and plan to post them by tomorrow morning. For the most part this that I am eating now has been my foods the past few days.

Rumicat1 - I do believe that I need to just make this blood work testing happen. It is my goal to make a phone call before the close of business Friday. As much as I hate to go see a doctor, we are also sharing one car and of course the big money maker needs it the most :P Im sure we can work through something though...

As for my cycle I had the Ablation done around 2011 so I do not have that no more. Though I will say I do get sugar cravings still sometimes that can be very overwhelming, but I try my best to use that time to load on fruits of all kinds. I figure it is from nature and the best kind of "doing bad" possible. Though I will say I do love the chocolate chip cookies from the recipe list as well.. ;)
Sunflwrgirl

Postby Sunflwrgirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Ok here is todays journal

Breakfast : 1/2 cup oatmeal with small box organic raisins, cinnamon and 1 TBSP honey....
Exercise - 1 hour spin class of 25 miles and a great sweat ;)
Lunch : Large soup bowl of organic red potatoes, 1/4 cup gravy and 1/4 c corn....
Snack : One mixed salad bag of lettuce with maybe 1/4 c dressing.. Can sweet peas,
Dinner : 1 cup potatoes mashed with 1/4 cup gravy
Snack : one box McDougall ready made tomato soup.. 1 cup potatoes, 1/4 cup gravy

This is not exactly measured any of it but I thought the best I could give for amounts was guesstimated. Pretty positive that I am very precise.

The gravy is made from a recipe I pulled from Pinterest (forealslife). The "flour mixture is
1 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 TBSP + 1 tsp rubbed sage
1 TBSP black pepper. You can use 2 tsp instead if 1 TBSP is to much. Which is what I have done since it is very spicy with 1 TBSP
You blend this all in a blender and when you are ready to make the actual gravy you combine

1/4 cup the "flour" mixture
2 cups unsweetened soy, almond milk, or favorite non dairy milk. I chose to use rice milk.

This is my day today and extremely close to my day yesterday except I had oatmeal again before bed instead of the potatoes and gravy.. Before trying to eat only one starch for a long period of time, I was randomly eating rice, potatoes and or spaghetti all in one day. So I am really looking forward to see my benefits of being more gentle with my temple for a bit..

One thing I did notice today is that my urine is much clearer. For awhile now I have had at random very dark urine, which has bothered me. But today I was really happy with the color as well as I do feel a lil better. I mean it is 9:30 now and I would had long ago went to bed. Dont get me wrong I am tired, but not as tired as the norm seems to be.

My water intake is on average 2 liters. Maybe 1.5 liters at times or even 2.5 to 3. But those are days I feel very thirsty as it is very dry here in El Paso, Texas...
Sunflwrgirl

Postby eXtremE » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Also drinking tepid water is my life. lol People think I am so funny when I say I dont want a cold drink. I love room temperature so much more and if its cold then I dont seem to drink it or even want it. Thankful for this since I dont have to worry about having ice around like so many do.
Funny you mentioned this Sunflwrgirl. The only way I can drink water is if it is ice cold :D . I use to work with an Asian guy in a large, manufacturing, industrial plant and he only drank lukewarm water. He said he could not stand the taste of cold water.
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby Sunflwrgirl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:14 pm

eXtremE - Its not so much that I hate the flavor, but that I dont like the cold. Also that when I drink water I normally drink it fairly fast at one time. Not much of a sipper really unless the water is to cold. Which I wont drink much of then either. :P

I do also want to say that I am feeling so much better today. Normally would of had a deep sleep (nap) today for at least an hour if more if I can get it in before my shift starts. But today I took maybe a 10 min nap which has been my norm for many years. I think this is great for everyone as it is a mini boost to the day and always feel so rejuvenated after. But I would always wake within 10 min as it would be all my body ever needed I guess. It was just natural...

Mind you I was even up till 11:00 last night and awake by 6:30 this morning. In my mind it is something in the food I was eating before I made it simple like I have. My urine is even still much more clear and I feel allot better. Only thing I hope is that its not my spaghetti causing problems.. Everyone should play with their food sometimes right... :-P
Sunflwrgirl

Postby Josieinca » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi Sunflwrgirl, When I look at the amount of food you are eating and the amount of exercise you are doing, the food intake seems pretty low to me. Half a cup of oatmeal and a small box of raisins and then a 25 mile spin class? My energy would be completely depleted for hours if I did something like that, and if that was something I did on a regular basis I may not be able to catch up with that amount of energy expenditure vs. that amount of food consumption. The rest of the day looks pretty light as well, not just breakfast. Good luck to you : )
Josieinca

Postby Sunflwrgirl » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Josieinca - I honestly dont feel like I am starving at all. Some days I may add a lil more to it and some days not. I wonder if it helps that I am 5'7" and weighing in at 190. Been eating this way of life since October the weekend of my birthday and losing 5 pounds a month. Am also only doing spin class Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I do want to start lifting or walking or something on Tuesdays and Thursdays again but lately this seems to be my routine. I seem to have a bad pinky toe lately as well which is limiting me also. Since I am really not able to walk on it very good and therefore walking with a bit of a limp. Hopefully I can get it healed soon.
Sunflwrgirl

Postby Josieinca » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:56 am

You may not feel like you are starving except that you have no energy and want to sleep 12 hours a day. You posted that you felt better the day that you added some starch and honey the night before. Just saying that when I look at energy input compared to energy output something has to give. Just my lay persons observations.
Josieinca

Postby Sunflwrgirl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:06 am

Josieinca - I did take your advice the other day and have tried to increase my intake a lil. I did not bring it up much but I did eat a lil more. Been browsing the recipes on the forum again and found some great pumpkin recipes as I am craving pumpkin lately...

I honestly do struggle with making sure that I am hungry and not just bored lately before eating. My husband and I are having to share one vehicle and it is complicating things a bit for me. I normally would take off walking and or bike riding any place, I need to make that happen more again.. Then I can eat no matter since I will have for sure earned it.. lol I do love to eat and escpecially love trying new food ;)
Sunflwrgirl

Postby cvictorg » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Sunflwrgirl wrote:Josieinca - I honestly dont feel like I am starving at all. Some days I may add a lil more to it and some days not. I wonder if it helps that I am 5'7" and weighing in at 190. Been eating this way of life since October the weekend of my birthday and losing 5 pounds a month. Am also only doing spin class Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I do want to start lifting or walking or something on Tuesdays and Thursdays again but lately this seems to be my routine. I seem to have a bad pinky toe lately as well which is limiting me also. Since I am really not able to walk on it very good and therefore walking with a bit of a limp. Hopefully I can get it healed soon.

Are you sure the weight you listed - 190 pounds - is accurate? It seems highly unlikely that you could eat so little and yet weigh so much.
cvictorg

Postby Sunflwrgirl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 pm

cvictorg- Sadly I am positive my weight is at 190 and now fluctuating around 191.4... I started at 209 in October. I do also at random possibly once or twice per month have the chocolate chip cookies from the forum or even the chocolate mousse from the tofu as a splurge and can devour quite a bit... I will do another day of meal posting tomorrow since it is a spin day and maybe I will be eating more so I can show a day that I have been very active as well... I will post it tomorrow evening.

I do have more energy lately. Not sure if it is the fact that I have been taking my allergy meds again since almost 2 years ago. The wind is so strong here and we don't have nothing but dust and trash to blow around...

Also wondering if I am feeling better since I am only eating one starch (potatoes) since a week now I believe. Am craving my spaghetti again, but wanting to wait a bit and see how things go a lil longer...
Sunflwrgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues