Toadfood's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby toadfood » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks, Letha! You're doing so well -- you are my inspiration.
toadfood

Postby Letha » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:04 pm

toadfood wrote:Thanks, Letha! You're doing so well -- you are my inspiration.

And you are mine. Take care my McDougall friend.
Letha
Letha

Postby Becky » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Your food for the week sounds delicious!! That's wonderful that you are taking the time and effort to plan ahead - good for you!! :)

Becky
See how I am McDougallizing the recipes in
Robin Roberston's "1000 Vegan Recipes" -
https://testing-1000vr.blogspot.com/
Becky

Postby toadfood » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:06 pm

Thanks, Becky! Today I am eating that yummy food -- on plan and planning to stay that way. Had a successful trip to Trader Joe's at lunch time -- didn't buy anything that wasn't on my (mental) list, although I was tempted.

There's still junk food (chocolate) left over from Xmas in the office, but I haven't eaten any. Yay me! It's amazing how much longer that stuff sticks around when I'm not eating it. :oops:
toadfood

Postby Letha » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Hey Toadfood,
Most excellent job of resisting that Christmas Chocolate lying around the office. I feel fortunate that I don’t have to deal with that kind of temptation. You are being very strong.
Letha
Letha

Postby toadfood » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:00 pm

Hey Letha -- thanks for the encouragement! I know lots of people say it's harder to stick to an eating plan on the weekend, but I actually find it easier because I'm not faced with office food. I do most of my overeating at work. We have a lot of down time and the chocolate starts calling . . . . Not today, though! Right now I'm eating a baked sweet potato, and I must say it is very yummy. I have to buy more sweet potatoes.
toadfood

Postby Becky » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Work was always hard for me, too! Now that I'm retired, that is one temptation out of the way. :)

So, I have to ask - how did you come up with the name Toadfood? Actually, what is toad food? My curious mind really wonders!
Becky

Postby toadfood » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Becky, "toadfood" is just a silly way of saying tofu. My partner has a friend who always calls tofu "toad food," and I thought it was funny, so I used it as my name on a vegan message board a long time ago. I decided to keep it for all the vegan-related boards and blogs I'm on. I think real toad food is probably bugs, which as a vegan I would not (knowingly) eat!
toadfood

Postby toadfood » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Ruh roh. It's just after 1:00 p.m. EST and I've already eaten all the food I brought with me for the day, including my emergency Clif bar. There is lots of yummy MWL food at home, but I won't be home until about 7:30 or 8:00 p.m. and I know I'll be hungry again before then. Brainstorming. . .

--I could go to Trader Joe's or the local HFS and buy some fresh fruit -- apple/pear/banana
--I could also get some baby carrots at TJ's or the HFS
--TJ's has plain cooked brown rice in a shelf-stable bag
--The HFS probably has rice cakes, not ideal but better than lots of alternatives

I don't have time to do any of this shopping before my afternoon appointment, but I'm leaving work at 3:30 today and I should have a few minutes to do it then. The HFS is closer than TJ's, so I guess I will go there, although it is more expensive. So I just have to hang in there until 3:30 or so and I'll have a snack available. Note to self: no one ever starved to death between lunch and 3:30 p.m. Note to self #2: bring more food next time!
toadfood

stores/snacks

Postby seestorcoo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:41 pm

The regular grocery store would have cut up vegies, various fruits, and quaker (sometimes also the lundberg) rice cakes. Also baked potato, sweet potato (maybe they have a microwave in the deli?), bagged salad, ff salad dressing, instant oatmeal, strawberry pomegranate cliff bars (I think thats the one with the least fat), salsa to go with the rice cakes, salad dressing to dip the vegies in, oil free bagels and just fruit jam, and maybe oil free microwave popcorn.

Good luck! Also, there's always wendy's baked potato and salad and subway vegie delight, no cheese.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby toadfood » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 pm

That's quite a list, seestorcoo. Wow. Unfortunately, I won't be near a Wendy's, Subway, or regular supermarket, but those are great ideas. I wish there were more Wendy's around here. I love baked potatoes!
toadfood

Thought

Postby seestorcoo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:32 pm

there might be a regular grocery store around - save you the expense of the HFS.

Oh well.

Have a good day.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby Becky » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:17 pm

toadfood wrote:Becky, "toadfood" is just a silly way of saying tofu. My partner has a friend who always calls tofu "toad food," and I thought it was funny, so I used it as my name on a vegan message board a long time ago. I decided to keep it for all the vegan-related boards and blogs I'm on. I think real toad food is probably bugs, which as a vegan I would not (knowingly) eat!

LOL!! :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't have figured that out, thanks for the explanation, toadfood!!

Take Care,
Becky

P.S. - Notes to self are good! :)
Becky

Postby toadfood » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:52 pm

Well, as it turns out I had a bit of an emergency at work, which meant I had to cancel therapy, which meant I got home around 6:00. So I didn't stop to get something to eat, because I wanted to avoid the temptation of shopping while hungry. Got home and ate salad, pumpkin lentil soup and a clementine. Yay! Still feeling kind of hungry -- think I will heat up some rice.
toadfood

Postby Letha » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

toadfood wrote: Note to self: no one ever starved to death between lunch and 3:30 p.m.

That made me laugh. Sometimes I have to remind myself of stuff like that. :-D Take care.
Letha
Letha

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals