SAD Husband & Vegan Wife 10 Day Mini

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Letha » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:32 pm

kpolninja wrote:We didn't make it through the mini, life got crazy and we fell off the wagon on the evening of the 9th day.

I learned that mini is too restrictive (and not all that great at causing me to loose weight...I only lost 2lbs) for me, I begin to focus on what I can't have (and I mean things like brown rice, oatmeal, other starches), rather that what is allowed on the MWL.

I'm going to keep posting in my Journal here though, working on MWL. After my taco bell last night (bad I know, but at least it was vegan...right?!? - ok wrong, but I'm back on track today).

Yesterday I weighed 185.6 which is the lowest I've weighed in a long time. I was afraid I would never get out of the 190s and I have, never to return! :D

I’m glad you are going to keep journaling. I look forward to chatting with you about the MWL program here on the board.
Letha
Letha

Postby kpolninja » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:06 pm

After my terrible food filled weekend...I'm back on track and feeling much better.

Husband gained weight too, but since I've been strictly MWLing (is that a word?) for the past two days I'm down 1.1 lbs. I think I need to drop 3-4 more to get as low as I was.

I got dangerously high to the 190 mark and that made me realize that I don't have the luxury of eating crap if I'm serious about this weightloss.

I've been really good the last two days. Total compliance. The worst thing I've had is fat free soymilk in my coffee (which I did not put sugar in, thank you very much!). But that is FF so really I'm doing well.

I just came back to my desk after lunch and reached for a candy, but I stopped myself. I can have candy in Disneyland over christmas, right now it is about weight loss. I have to make sure though that I don't go over board in disneyland. I plan on sticking to oatmeal breakfasts and lots of fruits and veggies in the park.

I can't stop myself from getting on the scale everyday though...however, my weekend of eating crap I didn't get on the scale at all, so maybe I need that reminder everyday to put my food choices in perspective.
kpolninja

Postby Letha » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:03 am

kpolninja wrote:...I'm back on track and feeling much better.

I've been strictly MWLing (is that a word?) for the past two days I'm down 1.1 lbs.

I've been really good the last two days. Total compliance.

I just came back to my desk after lunch and reached for a candy, but I stopped myself.

Sounds like you’re working hard to reach your goals. Well done!
Letha
Letha

Postby kpolninja » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:31 am

Well I'm down two pounds since monday morning which is great. I have jury duty today which is bothersom in terms of eating well, but I know I have to learn how to eat this way no matter where I am. I put some baby carrots in my purse, had a oatmeal bg cup before I came in and I packed some brown rice and broccili for me to eat at lunch since it really doesn't need to be kept cold.
kpolninja

Postby kpolninja » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:23 pm

They gave me plenty of time to get lunch at jury duty today...I was good I ate my rice an broccili! It was good too. I put teryaki sauce on it. I didn't have to heat it or anything. Super portable and filling. I'm craving something different for dinner tonight though. Mexican sounds good, still afraid to eat tortillas though. I have a ton of low fat corn ones in the fridge though. Maybe after I am below 185 I can start having one or two a week and see how that goes. I'm craving something garlicky too...maybe I can roast a head and mix it with some lentils and quinoa. Add some soft cooked celery and onions, maybe some chopped frozen spinach.....I feel something yummy comming on!
kpolninja

Postby kpolninja » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Sweeeeeet!

Just got on the scale, down .2 from yesterday, for a total of 2.6 from Monday morning after my taco bell bender....I LOVE EATING THIS WAY!
kpolninja

Postby kpolninja » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 pm

I'm down a total of 3.3 since Monday morning! Husband is back up a little...will he ever learn :)?

I wish I could get better about excercising though!
kpolninja

Postby Letha » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:09 pm

kpolninja wrote:I'm down a total of 3.3 since Monday morning! Husband is back up a little...will he ever learn :)?

You’re doing great!
Letha
Letha

Yeah!

Postby seestorcoo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:35 pm

3 lbs since Monday - that's great! Keep it up and maybe when he sees how good you feel and how much weight you lose (and how good your food tastes) he'll get more into it.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby kpolninja » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:55 pm

I weighed myself first thing this morning and I was down a total of 4 lbs...I was pretty happy about it to! My husband and I walked down to the chineese food resturant we like where I usually get fried tofu, but instead I got white rice and assorted veggies with a brown sauce of some sort. I asked them not to add any oil, but it looked like the sauce had some in it, but not too much. I figure since we walk there and back it was about 2 miles so that probably makes up for the bit of oil in it.

I was really glad to get some excercise in, I want to keep it up and get some activity in tomorrow too.

I'm interested to see what the scale says in the morning tomorrow since I did deviate just a bit with my meal, I really would love to continue with a 4 lb per week weight loss. It seems like a lot because I've always heard 2 lbs a week, but I figure I have about 60-70 lbs to loose so if I start out with a higher loss it will likely slow down later.

Also thanks for your encouragement everybody!!!
kpolninja

Postby wordweaver » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:49 pm

Great job! :thumbsup:
The difference between try and triumph is the UMPH.
wordweaver

Postby kpolninja » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:49 pm

My first week total is 4.4 pounds...YES! THat includes the fat free hot chocolate I had last night. The giradellhi (i'm sure i spelled that wrong) has some fat, but it is minimal and it is the only vegan hot chocolate mix I can find. It also includes my lunch yesterday.
kpolninja

olive garden

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:58 pm

i know you probably went already but we ate there the other day and I ordered the cappalini pomodoro with whole wheat pasta instead of angel hair...and the low fat italian dressing on the salad....they will work with you!!! But it was my birthday so I splurged and shared some of a tiramisu!!! with a candle!!!! :D
ncyg46

Postby kpolninja » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:39 pm

I was bad at dinner today. I've been craving pizza so we went to BJs and I had a side salad with lo cal italian dressing and pizza with no cheese. I opted for artichoke hearts and mushrooms for my topings rather than olives and mushrooms. I know it wasan't low fat at all, and not low calorie either, but I guess I feel like I've been being really good and if going out to dinner got it out of my system then that should help.

I'll find out on the scale this week if I did bad, at least I can work out to make up for it.

I've also been really tired.
kpolninja

eating out

Postby ncyg46 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:15 am

i base what i eat on what will agree with me....and what won't put me in the restroom with McDougalls revenge 20 minutes later..:-D

today we may go to the asian restaurant and I already know how good their hot and sour soup is!! Yeah it has a couple of shrimp in it but it is sooooooooooooo good! :D
ncyg46

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals