OK, what i am having today.

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

OK, what i am having today.

Postby eXtremE » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Breakfast = nothing.
Brunch (around 11AM) = bowl of oatmeal with BB's, strawberries, 2 tbs walnuts, dried raisins, 4 prunes,banana
Dinner (about 5PM) = baked potato wedges, 3/4 cup black beans, green salad with onions, radishes,cucumbers,broccoli,cauliflower,mushrooms.

Thanks to Katydid and some others here, my mother knows I am eating like this now and supports me even tho she still eats her SAD. She cooked me a big pot of cabbage with just black pepper and water and I loved it so now i have me something new to add to my WFPB diet. I will also have cabbage today. I recall hating cabbage as a child but my mother would force me to eat it or no dessert so I would eat it. Now, I really enjoy it so that is a good thing. I may throw some brown rice in tomorrow but I am not much of a rice guy. No meat today but I have not excluded tiny portions of fish and chicken (at least not yet anyway). I want to see my next blood lipid panel. The pieces of meat are very tiny used only as a condiment and when I do have them, it is like every other day. The same thing with the walnuts. I have 2 tablespoons of walnuts daily with my oatmeal and that is it for the day. I don't sit around eating a ton of nuts throughout the day. That would not be a good thing to do I would think. :)
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

What have I eaten today?

Postby eXtremE » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:18 pm

As of today, nothing right now. I wanna eat but had some dental work done today. My mouth is still hurting. LOL Image
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Re: OK, what i am having today.

Postby Katydid » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:45 pm

So long as you keep your meat intake to below 10% of your calories, you will reap most of the benefits from a WFPB diet. Watch out however, as the taste of animal protein may keep you in the Pleasure Trap.
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby WoodrowLink » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:26 am

Today I am gonna plan to take sweet almond tea after dinner because it is a great substitute for dessert and it's sugar free also. A very healthy drink which helps us to keep away from diabetes.
WoodrowLink

Postby eXtremE » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:01 pm

@Katydid , yeah I know. I am being really careful. I am using meat in the manner Nathan described when he introduced it back into his diet after curing himself of heart disease...I am eating less than Pritikin did actually and not daily. I really need my next lipid panel results to gauge how well I am doing. I think I see my doc again in 2 months.

@WoodrowLink, the sweet almond tea sounds delicious. Enjoy my friend.

Ok my friends...here is what I have eaten today.

Breakfast = zero (not hungry).
Brunch = oatmeal with the various fruits and walnuts thrown in.
Dinner = large salad, cabbage,baked potato wedges, pinto beans, and a small piece of fish today. I take the fish, cut up into tiny little pieces and I have one of those tiny pieces...much like you would do adding just a spoonful of sugar to your oatmeal.....but no more. One baked tilapia can last me an entire week.
eXtremE

Postby JulieS » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:57 pm

eXtremE wrote: a small piece of fish today. I take the fish, cut up into tiny little pieces and I have one of those tiny pieces...much like you would do adding just a spoonful of sugar to your oatmeal.....but no more. One baked tilapia can last me an entire week.

Every time you post that you have "tiny, little pieces of meat", it makes me a tiny, little bit mad! LOL I don't know why, but it does! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby eXtremE » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Yeah, i know Julie, LOL! I know I am gonna catch a little flak for doing this. I really need to see my cholesterol numbers tho. Other than this tiny bit of animal flesh every other day, I am mostly sticking to the McDougall WOE. There are some Fuhrman and Ornish components I suppose. I am also heavily influenced by the McDougall - Nathan Pritikin youTube video. If I keep watching it, I will have it memorized soon. I even captured the audio and burned to a CD and I listen to it in my car.

I am tempted to just pay $29.00 out of pocket and go here. It requires a 12 hour fast. I could go to bed at midnight, not eat anymore and go have my blood tested after midday tomorrow but this will all be done again when I see my doc in 2 months anyway.

http://requestatest.com/

The results are pretty quick too...turnaround = one business day and you can view the results online.

Here is the test I want done.

http://requestatest.com/lipid-panel-wit ... io-testing

*You can have many other things tested but some of these things are expensive.
eXtremE

What I ate today 9/26/2013

Postby eXtremE » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Ok, no meat today Julie. :)

Breakfast = zero (not hungry)
Brunch = oatmeal
Dinner = baked potato wedges, pinto beans, salad, steamed cabbage.
Drink - tired of plain water. I am having me a glass of wine with dinner today.

* I am eating spinach today instead of my usual iceberg lettuce. Trying to slowly add in a little variety. I am also going to start adding a little fruit to my salads but not too much for a slight hint of sweetness. I thought I would not like this but I actually do.

Hope everyone has been having a good day.
eXtremE

Postby JulieS » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Extreme,
Yippee! No meat. I think that switching from meat to wine is a wise choice! :lol:
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby eXtremE » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:08 pm

@ ImageJulie Image, LMAO! ....

Gotta love ya...rotfl
eXtremE

9/27/2013 - What I've eaten today

Postby eXtremE » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 am

Brunch / Lunch = zero (not hungry yet)
Dinner = remains to be seen (will come back and update) - 9/27/2013 @ 1:53PM.

* I ate a bigger than typical bowl of oatmeal yesterday so my fuel tank still feels over half full. I think I will get hungry again around 5 or 6 PM. :)

Dinner = just a large salad and a large bowl of cabbage with 2 tbs of vinegar in cabbage - 9/27/2013 @7PM. I am sure I will eat more tomorrow. I full feel and this is all I have had today. I feel ok and have good energy.
eXtremE

Saturday 9/28/2013

Postby eXtremE » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:59 am

@ 1:55PM = had a big bowl of oatmeal
@7PM = cabbage, potato wedges, pinto beans, salad, small piece baked fish used as a condiment

*will update later :-)
eXtremE

Sunday 9/29/2013

Postby eXtremE » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:06 am

Breakfast = nothing (not hungry)
Brunch / Lunch = zero (still not hungry)
Dinner = 1 cup steamed cabbage, large green salad, baked potato wedges (a lot), 1.5 cups pinto beans, 4 prunes, 1/2 banana eaten with 1tbs of walnuts for dessert. (@ 4PM)

If I get hungry again before bedtime, I will fix a bowl of oatmeal since I did not eat breakfast or lunch.

eXtremE

Monday 9/30/2013

Postby eXtremE » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:34 am

@ 12:20 PM = bowl of oatmeal with green apple slices, dried cherries and raisins, 2 strawberries, 2 tbs of walnuts, blueberries, and 1/2 banana.
* Oatmeal is the main thing. All the other things added are kept to a min. Fruit added for sweetness.

@ 6PM = 2 cups brown rice, lots of baked potato wedges, and a large salad and 4 prunes for dessert.

@10PM = another bowl of oatmeal with only bananas and raisins.

* will update
eXtremE

Tuesday 10/01/2013

Postby eXtremE » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:53 am

@ 12PM = bowl of oatmeal with green apple slices, dried cherries and raisins, 2 strawberries, 2 tbs of walnuts, blueberries, and 1/2 banana.
@ 6:30PM = salad, great northern beans, baked potato wedges (a lot), cup brown rice.
drink = water

It is 11PM and I am a little hungry again but I will wait until tomorrow. If I eat too close to bedtime, reflux (LPR) makes for a miserable night of sleeping no matter what the food.

* will update
eXtremE

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals