Geo - Eye's Wide Open 2012

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Geo - Eye's Wide Open 2012

Postby geo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:58 am

Day 11

B: oatmeal with flax and cinnamon
2 cups herbal tea
L: mixed veggies with salsa
herbal tea
apple and plum
D: baked potato and sweet potato
grapes and plum
S: orange

E: 45 mins walking - 5,419 steps. Stair climbing - d/u/d/d 17 floors. Total steps for day - 11,199 steps.
M: 10 mins
TM: none

Great day today. Felt good and strong with lots of energy. Did my stair climbing with relative ease and felt good afterwards. Onlt a little heavy breathing that didn't last long. Also did my evening walk which went well too if not a little slower than usual. It was cold and I had to switch to long pants and a hoodie to finsh the walk comfortably.

Stress levels were down a little today at work though it was not a light day either. Pretty much kept my head down and off everyones radar for awhile :) My dau's final birthday gift finally arrived 3 days late. It was her new camera that she had been asking for, so she was really happy to get it. Now she can take all the pics and video's she wants and share them with her friends. She doesn't get to post anything on-line unless mommy and I specifically approve...safety first :nod:

Did a little computer work again last night but no time for any reading and I think I watched one dvr'd show with wife to end the day...went to bed early as usual and slept very well.
geo

My 1 year Journal McDougalling and results Testimonial
My March 2013 Star McDougaller Story
Some Random Thoughts on Successful McDougalling
geo

Postby geo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:01 am

Day 12

2 cups of herbal tea
orange and plum
herbal tea
S: herbal tea
plum and orange

E: 45 mins walking - 5,394 steps. Stair climbing - d/u/d 17 floors. total steps for day - 9,454 steps.

Great day today. Woke up a bit early feeling strong and energetic and eager to go. Got to work early and did my usual stair climbing which went very well and seemed to be faster than usual. Recovery was quick. Did my downstairs run after lunch again. When I got home I did my walk right away as I wasn't doing anything else.That went well too.

Stress levels were low for a friday and work went surprisingly well.
Was feeling hungry after my evening walk and a bit tired so relaxed a little while I cooked dinner early. Did a little reading and watched some tv with the wife later on and eventually just went to bed early and got some sleep :-D
geo

geo

Postby JohnLarson » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks for keeping such a good journal. Very inspirational.

My Current Journal

My First Journal

The McDougall Program is not a "diet," and it was not designed primarily for weight loss – however, loss of excess body fat naturally results as people regain their health. - Dr. John McDougall
JohnLarson

Postby geo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:40 am

Your Welcome John! I find it very useful to periodically go back and review it all. Reminds me where I've been and where I still have work to do :D
geo

geo

Postby geo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:54 am

Day 13

L: baked potato and sweet potato
1/2 honeydew melon
S: air-popped popcorn
1/2 honeydew melon
S: rice pudding

E: 86 mins walking - 10,622 steps. Total steps for day - 13,613 steps.

Great day today. Woke up well and eager to get the day started. Plenty of energy and felt strong. Did my morning and evening walks without issue other than being cold :-) The morning walks are becoming especially uncomfortable as the weather gets cold.

However I did my fastest walk ever this morning. I was racing through it simply to get out of the cold and finished almost 2 mins quicker than ever before :nod: Nothing like the motivation of being cold to get you moving faster! There's no doubt fall is here. I think Holloween will be brutal this year.

Took dau out shopping today for some ipod accessories for her new ipod. She loves the thing. Got her one of those docking stations with speakers so she can listen to it in her room. Now she carries it and her phone with her all the time. She's turning into gadget girl :lol:

Also went out and did some grocery shopping again.Was completely out of fruits. My beloved watermelons are gone now, but I can still find honeydew's and golden deliciuous so I got some of those as well as lots of grapes and sweet potatoes. Its hard to believe how much of a staple potatoes are in my life now, though I still miss bread and sandwiches. Though lately I've been wanting more rice as well. I'll need to make some tomorrow...
geo

geo

Postby geo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:52 am

Day 14

herbal tea
L: basmati rice with mex veggies and salsa
grapes
rice pudding

E: 87 mins walking - 10,691 steps. Total steps for day - 11,926 steps.

Good day today. Another cold and rainy day. But managed to get my morning and evening walks in despite the rain. Had another fast day due to the weather :-) I was shivering through both walks even though I was fully dressed in long clothes and wearing a hoodie.

Didn't do a lot of rest most of the day. Did some reading and a bit of web surfing and in the evening a little tv with the family. So was a pretty relaxing no-stress day overall. Felt a bit tired and a little hungry after dinner and eventually went to bed a little early.
geo

geo

Postby geo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:19 am

Day 15

2 cups herbal tea
nectarine
herbal tea
S: banana
rice pudding
apple

E: 44 mis walking - 5,326 steps. Stair climbing d/u/d 17 floors. Total steps for day - 10,245 steps.

Great day. Got good sleep and woke up early with lots of energy. Did my monday stair climbing at work that went very well. Felt great doing it and recovery was fast. Afterwork did my walk as usual andit too went well not too tired or hungry.

Work today went well and only a little stressful. In fact it was a little slower than I expected for a monday...which is always a good thing :) The rest of the day was relatively relaxing and a little tv watching with the wife and ended the day with a little reading. Pretty much a typical boring day. Went to bed early and got a good nights sleep.
geo

geo

Postby geo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 am

Day 16

herbal tea
L: basmati rice with mex veggies and salsa
1/2 golden delicious melon
1/2 golden delicious melon

E: 88 mins walking - 10,643 steps. Total steps for day - 12,461 steps.

Great day. Worked from home so stress levels were lower than normal. Did my morning and evening walks without issue and morning one was quite fast again due to colder temps. Evening walk was much more comfortable and warmer.

Because I worked from home my work day was extended a bit and lasted almost 12 hours. So I was fairly tired and didn't get much else done during the day or evening. Spent an hour or two watching tv with the wife while dau was at dance classes but thats about it. Eventually went to bed early and had a good nights sleep.
geo

geo

Postby geo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:18 am

Day 17

B: oatmeal with flx and cinnamon
2 cups of herbal tea
banana
herbal tea
nectarine
S: grapes

E: 45 mins walking - 5,340 steps. Stair climbing d/u/d 17 floors. Total steps for day - 10,247 steps.

Great day. I was actually eager to get into the office to do my stair climbing. Lots of energy and felt strong. The stairs went very well and almost seemed easy this time. I may need to start considering adding more floors to the routine. My evening walk went well too.

Also went to the store to pick up a few needed items for the family. Work was a little stressful but not too bad. That was pretty much my whole day. Spent a little time watching some tv with the wife and surfing the web and then went to bed and slept well.
geo

geo

Postby geo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 am

Day 18

herbal tea
L: basmati rice with mixed veggies and salsa
grapes and banana
apple

E: 88 mins walking - 10,756 steps. Total steps for day - 12,515 steps.

Great day! Lots of energy. Did my morning walk in record time, yes I was freezing the whole time :lol: My evening walk I was not home for so just walked at my normal exercise pace for 46 mins which was an enjoyable change. Its interesting that the evening temps are much warmer than the morning temps and more comfortable to be walking in.

Worked from home today and stress levels were mostly low. Went to the store to get a few food items, dau wanted to go to subway for dinner. Later on took her to her gymnastics class. Watched one show with the wife after we got home and that was about it for the day...

Until I got woken by my phone at 2AM for some silly issue at work which I could do nothing about. Of course by then I was wide awake and could do not sleep so just got up and puttered around the house...so much fun and thus starts off my friday :?
geo

geo

Postby geo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:23 am

Day 19

herbal tea
L: mex veggies with salsa
banana
grapes

E: 45 mins walking - 5373 steps. Stair climbing - d/u/d 17 floors. Total steps for day - 10,403 steps.

Good day. I was up since 2 AM because of work so I knew this was going to be a long day. But it fact it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I had lots of energy and for the most part was not tired/sleepy throughout the day as I expected. Did my stair climbing in the morning as usual and recovery was fast. Also did my evening walk and had no issues there either. I had good energy levels through out the day.

Went to work in the morning and felt really good. Stress levels were actually low most of the day and solved a few nagging issues finally. Also recieved a few compliments as well on recent activities I worked through. So ended up being a good day at work for a change. Definitely an attitude improver :-)

Went to store again after work to get a few items...taters :nod: Seems everyone is starting to pick-up on my tater habit and we are going through them rapidly. Not that I mind at all! Didn't do much else or even watch any tv as I was getting tired finally in the early evening. So I just called it a day and went to bed an hour early. I fell asleep quickly and had a good nights sleep.
geo

geo

Postby geo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:16 am

Day 20

L: basmati rice with mixed veggies and salsa
grapes
D: bean chili with mixed grains
grapes

E: 86 mins walking - 10,610. Total steps for day - 12,892 steps.

Great Day. Had a very fast morning walk in the cold. Lots of energy and felt great. I did my evening walk in the afternoon as I was a bit bored and anxious to get out of the house :) That went well also and it was much warmer too.

Took dau out shopping to get her ipod fixed and get her some other things and then stopped to get some goceries as well. So was out a good bit day and the sun felt really good when it came out.

Also made some bean chili in the morning. Added some buckwheat and barely and mushrooms to give it more texture and heartier taste. It didn't taste too much like chili but came out good nonetheless. I made a big pot of it so I'll be eating it most of the week I suppose :-) Should go well with baked spuds.

Spent the evening watching the dvr with my wife and catching up on previous shows missed. A nice relaxing evening to a busy day :-)
geo

geo

Postby geo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:43 am

Day 21

B: none
nectarine
D: basmati rice with with bean chilli
apple and orange
S: pineapple

E: 86 mins walking - 10,564 steps. Total steps for day - 11,898

Great day today. Did my morning walk with no issues and quickly. Felt good and had lots of energy. Did my evening walk in the afternoon as I was bored and felt the need to get up and move. That went well too and it was nice and warm as well.

Made a pot roast dinner for the family today which they seemed to enjoy and sliced up a nice sweet pineapple as well for desert. That always goes well with everyone including myself :-D Then pretty much relaxed at home the rest of the day. Read an exercise book for a couple hours and almost finished it up. Watched a movie and some tv with the wife.

Then got a call from work of issues. So ended up a couple hours on the phone for that before calling it a night. Other than that stress levels were low and had a good nights sleep.
geo

geo

Postby geo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:36 am

Day 22 - Oct 1, 2012

Current Weight: 173.4 lbs
Current BMI: 23.5
GOAL: 161 lbs/BMI 21.9

So I've lost about 6 lbs in the past month. About 1.5 lbs/week. I've definitely lossened up a bit on the strict MWL. I had one vegetarian SAD meal in the past month and 3 portions of a McDougall desert (non-mwl). That doesn't seem to have impacted my weight loss much which is good to know. I'm still getting closer to my goal, just 12.4 lbs away. I should be there in 2 months or so, about end of Nov. As long as I'm there by Christmas I will be happy :nod:

2 cups herbal tea
L: chilli
apple and orange
herbal tea
corn on the cob
nectarine
S: pineapple

E: 44 mins walking - 5,322 steps. Stair climbing - d/u/d 17 floors. Total steps for day - 10,634 steps.

Great day today. Eager to get some exercise in and get moving. Did my stair climbing very well and with quick recovery. No longer breathing really hard. Also did my evening walk well. Legs were a bit tired but still had plenty of energy at the end of the day.

The rest of the evening was basically spent relaxing watching a little tv with wife. Went to bed at normal time and have good nights sleep.
geo

geo

Postby geo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:42 am

Day 23

herbal tea
nectarine
apple
S: 2 small oranges

E: 87 mins walking - 10,595 steps. Total steps for day - 12,621 steps.

Good day today. Felt good and strong. Morning walk went quick and not too cold. Evening walk went slower and felt a little tired overall but was still good. Had basically potatoes all day and some fruit. Was just lazy cooking and didn't feel like any veggies today. I did make a pot of rice for the week in the evening again.

I worked from home so the stress levels were down a bit, but am caught up in a rush project right now which is keeping me busier than I like. Watched one tv show with the wife and found myself falling asleep on the couch so I just made it an early evening and had a good restful sleep. A pretty boring day...just how I like it sometimes :-)
geo

geo

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals