Crockpot Oats

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Lilac » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:09 am

Wonderful recipe, thanks so much for posting! I made this last night using the version to make it a bit more creamy. I used 3/4 cups groats and 3 cups boiling water in my smallest crock pot. I let them cook about an hour or so and then turned it off for the night and sure enough, perfectly cooked oatmeal this morning!

I added raisins, raspberries and cinnamon to it while it cooked and this morning put a cut up banana and a bit more cinnamon on top, delicious. I'll be trying the other versions too, thank you all for your ideas!
Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:15 am

I wanted to bump this post up to the top again, really great recipes included and crock pot oats are one of my favorites!
Corn allergy (and peanuts)
Lactose intolerant
Gluten sensitivity
Lilac

Re: Leftovers

Postby TominTN » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:05 am

serenity wrote:p.s. Anyone know the best way to print out these recipes now that we have this new forum? Maybe cut and paste to a Word doc?

This was the original motivation for the wiki. Mrs. Doodlepunk, would it be okay with you if I put your recipe on its own wiki page? Then it will be easy to print all by itself.
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're probably right.

Weight Loss Through the Magic of Calorie Density: http://wp.me/p1utH8-v
TominTN

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:26 am

Fine with me!
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby dlb » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Sandie's kitty cat made me smile, SandyW's quote made me laugh, and Mrs. Doodlepunk's recipe made me want to give oatmeal another try.

Thanks!

Donna
dlb

Wow

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:00 pm

I just realized that I posted this almost 2 years ago!

I can't remember if it was mentioned, but this recipe will work with rolled oats too.
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:13 am

Thanks for the great idea! I will try it sometime soon.

I read a thread over in Jeff Novick's forum that said you can put it in a pan and bake it to make bars. I might try that in cooler weather.
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning