picture

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

picture

Postby BW » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:59 pm

How do you put a picture in the body of your message?
BW
BW

Postby Letha » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm

I think there is more then one way to do it, but I’ll share mine. I use another website http://www.pdpics.com/ . I upload a photo from my PC to pdpics and it provides you with several code options. I cut and paste “Code to post the photo in a forum:” and then I preview the post to make sure it works before I post it. The only tricky part is size. If your photo is too big it looks strange in the forum. I often resize them using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. You can post test messages in the Sandbox forum while you are trying to get it figured out.

Here’s another hint. If you see a photo on the forum, and you select “quote” like you wanted to quote part of their message in your reply, you’ll see the code used for the image and you’ll be able to tell if they used pdpics or photobucket or some other host.

Best wishes.
Letha
Letha

Thanks Letha

Postby BW » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:00 pm

I did it but part of the slide was cut off. It looked ok when I previewed it.
BW
BW

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning