Doctor for my area?

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Doctor for my area?

Postby marc.schneider » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:03 pm

My name is Marc Schneider and this past Christmas break I was fortunate to be off the two weeks. During this time, my wife, Marcie and I watched your program and we immediatly became believers and followers. I work for the City of Fort Worth Police Department and my position can be very physical and I have always been active in exercising. I am now the age of 43 and it is a little more difficult then earlier in life to stay in shape, but since my wife and I have made a behavioral change, we have seen and felt the difference and have been living a quality of life. My wife is older than I (47) and she is wanting to see an OB-GYN and I was wondering if you had any recommendations on a Doctor that is on board with this life style here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area?
Thank you so much for broadcasting your research so we were able to receive your expertise to live a quality of life,
Marc
marc.schneider

Re: Doctor for my area?

Postby StarchHEFP » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:19 am

marc.schneider wrote:My name is Marc Schneider and this past Christmas break I was fortunate to be off the two weeks. During this time, my wife, Marcie and I watched your program and we immediatly became believers and followers. I work for the City of Fort Worth Police Department and my position can be very physical and I have always been active in exercising. I am now the age of 43 and it is a little more difficult then earlier in life to stay in shape, but since my wife and I have made a behavioral change, we have seen and felt the difference and have been living a quality of life. My wife is older than I (47) and she is wanting to see an OB-GYN and I was wondering if you had any recommendations on a Doctor that is on board with this life style here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area?
Thank you so much for broadcasting your research so we were able to receive your expertise to live a quality of life,
Marc

You might look up in Dr. McDougall's search function - go to Connect and Find a Health Care Practitioner, and then uncheck "starch solution graduates" - you might find some in the DFW area. Another website vegdocs.com may have some referrals also. You never know with these search engines but you have to visit the doctor first for a checkup to also check them out.
StarchHEFP

Re: Doctor for my area?

Postby openmind » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:47 am

StarchHEFP wrote:
marc.schneider wrote:My name is Marc Schneider and this past Christmas break I was fortunate to be off the two weeks. During this time, my wife, Marcie and I watched your program and we immediatly became believers and followers. I work for the City of Fort Worth Police Department and my position can be very physical and I have always been active in exercising. I am now the age of 43 and it is a little more difficult then earlier in life to stay in shape, but since my wife and I have made a behavioral change, we have seen and felt the difference and have been living a quality of life. My wife is older than I (47) and she is wanting to see an OB-GYN and I was wondering if you had any recommendations on a Doctor that is on board with this life style here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area?
Marc

You might look up in Dr. McDougall's search function - go to Connect and Find a Health Care Practitioner, and then uncheck "starch solution graduates" - you might find some in the DFW area. Another website vegdocs.com may have some referrals also. You never know with these search engines but you have to visit the doctor first for a checkup to also check them out.

I would say interview any potential doctor before even getting a checkup.
openmind

Return to Family and Children