RPhalange's MWLP Journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

RPhalange's MWLP Journal

Postby rphalange » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Hello. My name is RPhalange and I am an ethical vegan.

My journey to Dr. McDougall's MWL plan began nearly 13 years ago, at the ripe age of 16. Actually it was long before then, as I have always had an aversion to meat, but we will start there. That is when I made the decision to go meat-free. I just decided one day that I was going to do it and I did. Unfortunately for me, I knew no other vegetarians, and was a junk food-loving teenager, so I didn't make the best choices. I was already overweight and my weight began to creep up even more due to all of the pasta, bread, and processed vegetarian food items I was eating on a daily basis. A few short years later, I began the decade-long rollercoaster ride of dieting.

That ends today.

I did try the MWLP last year, but something wasn't quite right. I'm not sure what, exactly, did me in, but I have a sneaking suspicion it was too little starch and the fact that I was couting Weight Watchers Points at the same time. I'm back now and ready to trust the program and to listen to my body's hunger signals without weighing, portioning, or counting.

My goal with this journal is to:

-- Plan out my meals for the day at the beginning of the day (or the night before).
-- List what I actually ate each day, at the end of each day.
-- Track my water intake, daily.
-- Track my exercise, daily.
-- Jorunal struggles & victories.
-- Welcome constructive feedback.

Here's to excellent health! :)
Started MWLP 03-11-2013

RPhalange's MWLP Journal
rphalange

Re: RPhalange's MWLP Journal

Postby rphalange » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Today's Plan

In the general order I plan to eat everything, this is what I have planned out for today:

- Breakfast Apple Rice (MWL book)

- grapefruit

- Southwestern Couscous (Quick & Easy cookbook - subbed quinoa for the couscous) over mixed greens with baby carrots on the side

- 1 or 2 brown rice cakes with no sugar added whole fruit preserves

- 1 or 2 small corn tortillas with smashed pinto beans, broccoli slaw, & hot sauce

- boiled baby potatoes & wilted spinach with Dr. McD's Chana Masala over top

- brown rice pudding (Quick & Easy cookbook)

Since today is day 1, this is just a rough plan. I'm using the "grazing technique" and eating until satisfied, so adjustments will be made as necessary throughout the day.

Water Goal: at least 64 ounces
Exercise Goal: 30 minutes of aerobic activity

Today's Results

Yesterday was hectic as all get out, so I'm just now (Wednesday morning) getting a chance to post this update for Monday.

- Breakfast Apple Rice

- Dr. McD's Pad Thai Soup

- Soutwestern Couscous (subbed quinoa) over mixed greens

- baby carrots & grapefruit

- 3 small corn tortillas with broccoli slaw, smashed beans, and hot sauce

- Rice Pudding

Water: 76 ounces
Exercise: 0 minutes

I was surprised that I didn't need to eat as much as I originally thought to stay satisfied throughout the day. I didn't get in my exercise and I know that's something I need to work on.

Here's to day two!

Started MWLP 03-11-2013

RPhalange's MWLP Journal
rphalange

Postby rphalange » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 am

Today's Plan
(for Tuesday)

- Rice Pudding & banana

- Dr. McD's "Chicken" Pilaf

- Southwestern Couscous (sub quinoa) over mixed greens

- grapefruit

- 3 small corn tortillas with broccoli slaw, smashed beans, and hot sauce; baby carrots on the side

Water goal: at least 68 ounces
Exercise goal: 30 minutes of aerobic activity

Today's Results

As I mentioned, today was hectic. A client of mine had a crisis, which meant I was at their office until after 9 PM last night. They brought in a fairly healthy dinner, but it wasn't compliant with my eating plan. I did the best I could in the situation, though I didn't do such a stellar job with the afternoon/evening snacking. To combat this issue in the future, I plan on keeing a few of the Dr. McD's oatmeal/soup/meal cups in my car for such emergencies.

- Rice Pudding w/ sliced banana

- Dr. McD's "Chicken" Pilaf

- Soutwestern Couscous (sub quinoa) over mixed greens

- chocolate peanut granola bar

- veggie sandwich with black bean patty (I had the bread "hollowed out" and added extra veggies, no spreads or dressings)

- 1/2 of a chocolate covered banana & some dark chocolate chips

Water: about 60 ounces
Exercise: 0 minutes
Started MWLP 03-11-2013

RPhalange's MWLP Journal
rphalange

Postby rphalange » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 am

Today's Plan

- Dr. McD's Maple Oatmeal with sliced banana

- 3 small corn tortillas with broccoli slaw, smashed beans, and hot sauce; baby carrots on the side

- vegetable soup & grapefruit

I will likely be working late again tonight, so I brought with me Dr. McD's Black Bean & Rice soup cup. I can have that when hunger strikes and then make a salad, maybe with some petite new potatoes when I get home.

Water goal: 100 ounces
Exercise goal: 30 minutes
Started MWLP 03-11-2013

RPhalange's MWLP Journal
rphalange

Postby kkrichar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Welcome RP! I love finding new journals. It's so exciting when people are early in the process and really enthusiastic. I've been on the boards for awhile but just now really following the program. I feel very motivated and excited to see other people where I'm at. Keep up the great work!

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning