Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:45 am

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Re: Ege Bamyasi and His Journey to Regain His Life

Postby sksamboots » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:35 pm

I hope you figure this all out. Just makes no sense to me really about why your weight is stalling. I wish I had an answer...I just believe it should be melting off you?? People like to think weight loss is scientific but it truly is not. I hope you find out what works for you. Your such an inspiration. Keep on keepin on :)
sksamboots

Postby dawsonpam01 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:16 pm

I know you will do it!

You have the drive and determination!
dawsonpam01

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby sksamboots » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:04 am

No, you don't have to thank me. I enjoy your journals and I'm glad your here. Really it's just amazing to me that your sticking to it this long, not saying anything about your character--I'm just saying if it were me, I would have given up a long time ago. Your so right, none of the math adds up. You should have least be losing a minimum and your not? :?: You shouldn't have to be exercising or giving any kind of effort. Ege, I'm not sure if you thought about it. But I'm wondering what would happen if you made vegetables 75% of each meal. Like me, I just recently started eating all my vegetables first and getting satisfied, then I will eat like 1/2 a potatoe and that's all I need. I used to eat 1 full potatoe or 2 or 3. But the vegetables seem to counteract all that. Have you tried this? It took me a while to get there ...I just have a theory and I'm wondering what you think about it? I did Mary's Mini which is 100% starch, I ate potatoes only and all day. Well, I lost weight--but only like .5 pounds a week. But then I switched up my plan to eating 75% veggies and 25% starch and now I'm losing 3 pounds a week--I'm also very satisfied. I'm just wondering if maybe for some of us the starch thing doesn't work? Or it does work but maybe it would just take years and years. What do you think? Just wanting to know your opinion...Thank you :)
sksamboots

Postby seestorcoo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:43 am

Kirk -

Hi. First of all, let me say that the first time I woke up this morning, I was reading some journals, read some of yours and when I went back to sleep, I had a smile on my face thinking of how sweet you and Jeanette are together. The sweetness of your relationship just wafts from the computer when you talk about her.

Secondly - I enjoy your writing style and all the opinions that also waft from the computer screen.

I would be screaming disappointment if I were you. I am so glad you are not. My first thought is edema - cough plus weight gain makes me think water weight. You've been waterlogged before...does it feel like you are? Are you coughing up anything? Trouble breathing?

TSH tests cost about 65 dollars. That is much less than an initial doctors visit. Is there a lab nearby that would do it without a doctors order? Hypothyroidism also comes with fatigue, constipation, depression, thinning hair (er, you don't look like that is a problem) - any of that a problem?

You are obviously a very intelligent man. Do your research. Write the doctors on the forum (okay, they do seem to be treading very carefully - that might not do much good). If you don't have insurance, that needn't stop you from medical care....it doesn't stop millions of other people. Call around and find a doctor that will do sliding scale, take payments, whatever. If it is just bronchitis - yes, all they'll do is give you cough medicine. But it could be other things that they could more easily fix.

Glad to hear your legs are getting better - thats gotta feel good. Do you watch biggest loser? That Danny that won? That's you some day Kirk - I just know it. That is how different you will look.

Have a great day. Enjoy your exercise.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby WeeSpeck » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:14 am

Hi Kirk,

I just finished reading your journal beginning with page 1 to the present. Your story is amazing and inspirational. Your willingness to share this journey so honestly with this forum is very unselfish on your part. I feel humbled by your perseverance and accomplishments.

Now that I have caught up to the present, I will keep current with your journal. Eventually, I hope to read everyone’s stories from the beginning through the present. What you (and everyone else) offer in these pages is too important to skip even a single paragraph.

By the way, I love your taste in music! At one point, I clicked on the YouTube link you posted for Yes and listened to that while I read your entries. Good stuff!

Keep up the good work on your recumbent bike. I am looking forward to following your progress.
--\--@ Nancy @--/--

I am but a wee speck in the big picture of the universe.
WeeSpeck

Postby Anna Green » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:31 am

Hey, i have just been reading your jounal and saw the pic of you of the bike and felt joyful for you. Also, go back and do the math, it was only 3 lbs not 4. Not minimizing, I would be upset too. Just keep going as I believe you will.
Anna Green

Postby Daffodil » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi Kirk,
Glad to see the things I told you about, the coconut oil, dandelion extract,etc is working for you. They are proven to work much better than chemicals any day!
If you are still coughing like I have been with the cough from hell since sunday, I found a better cure than store bought junk they call cough syrup.
Take one whole medium sized lemon, drop it into boiling water and boil the heck out of it for 10-15 mins. then dump the water, take the lemon out very carefully, it will be hot. Open it up, squeeze all of the juice from the entire lemon into a cup or bowl through a strainer or cheesecloth. (I used an oven mitt to spare my fingers)Take the juice and mix into 1/2 cup honey. Mix well. Take one tablespoon 3 times a day.(you can take more when you feel you need it.) I finally got the ingredients to make this today, after suffering no sleep and just coughing my lungs up for 4 days. After the first spoon I didn't cough for 10 whole minutes. Talk about bliss. Now if I can just sleep through the night for once. :duh:
I will never buy store bought crap ever again. Worthless.
-Amy in NV
-------------
Daffodil

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:26 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:02 pm

oh, I feel for you with that coughing. I hope the lemon and honey work out for you. It really is strange that working hard and all the breathing don't exacerbate that, but sitting around gets you going...weird.

but you ARE continuing w/the recumbent, which is awesome, and you'll get to your goal of 60 minutes for sure. it's the "every day" part that is important, much moreso than the number of minutes, really.

and I'm proud of you for doing it! :) thanks for the drop by my journal. Have a terrific Christmas, and get over that cough, man.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby debable » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:41 am

Kirk, I decided to start reading some journals with a thought in the back of my head of starting one my self in the new year and yours just happened to be on the top of the list. I started reading a few pages back and it was so interesting I had to start at the beginning. You are one amazing person and an inspiration to all who know you even vicariously on a public forum. I hope you and Jeanette have a wonderful and relaxing xmas and I can see that 2010 will be your year to shine. Health and happiness from Debbie in Canada.
Some people dream about success......Others wake up and work hard at
it.
debable

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:04 am

Ege Bamyasi

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:04 am

Ege Bamyasi

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals