New with migraine headaches and caffeine question please

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New with migraine headaches and caffeine question please

Postby HappyDogMom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:41 am

Hi, everyone-
I'm just starting on this new vegan way of life and I'm very excited! However, I've had migraine headaches since I was a child. I know what my food triggers are for migraines and have been avoiding them for years, but the weather or stress can definitely bring one on. A few years ago I stopped taking prescription migraine medications (I don't take any prescription medications at all), and will occasionally take over the counter headache pain relievers if the migraine gets really bad. Also, I have never been a coffee drinker, but find that when a migraine hits, something with caffeine such as cola will help take it away.

I don't want to have to take the over the counter migraine meds or drink the cola anymore. Does anyone who suffers from migraines have any suggestions please? I've tried various herbs such as feverfew, etc. over the years but none of it has worked.

Thank you!
HappyDogMom

Return to How to Begin