hi everyone. my weight loss success!!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

hi everyone. my weight loss success!!!

Postby Timpler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:46 pm

hello everyone, my name is Terry Yarbrough ive been fat all my life. except for short times when i would lose 30 pounds or so from this or that fad diet, then i would gain it back. i had just excepted the fact that i was destined to be fat. i went through a divorce and i guess i went through some sort of depression or something because i lost my will to eat. i just didnt care for food. i lost from 275 down to 165. i thought i had found some sort of secret to self control. lol. all was well till one day i binged. i ate a hole pack of cookies. my response was to restrict calories more severally. i went 3 days and binged again. i went on like this for 4 years gradually gaining back up to 220. i felt powerless to keep the weight off. this all ended christmas of 2012. my girlfriend gave me the starch solution for christmas. i read it and went on the diet. im now back down to 180 and still losing. i went on the mwl program 2 weeks ago and im losing 5 pounds a week. i just wanted to express my gratitude to dr mcdougal for saving my life. i want to become a nutritionist and help others. thanks.
Timpler

Re: hi everyone. my weight loss success!!!

Postby lmggallagher » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Hi Timpler:

Thanks for telling us of your success and what a fantastic Christmas present you got from your girl friend1 A gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving. Really cool that you want to share your success and make it your career to help others become healthy too.

Best wishes to you - Michelle
lmggallagher

Postby viv » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Many congratulations Terry! Your story of overcoming depression, overweight and binge eating is so inspiring. You will be able to help many people. We love stories like yours, another great success courtesy of Dr. McDougall!

Great job!
Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby eXtremE » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:18 am

Congrats Terry! Thanks for sharing and continued long-term success. I think it is great you "want to become a nutritionist and help others"...
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby Ruff » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:25 am

Congratulations Terry! And good luck with the nutritionalist plans. :D
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby Atheria » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Congrats! Natural carbs/starches are now also my friend! Best wishes as you continue your journey.

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories