Any hard evidence of Coronary Artery Disease Reversal?

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Any hard evidence of Coronary Artery Disease Reversal?

Postby vegiman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 pm

I have been on the Total Vegan/No Oil lifestyle for about a year. I have lost weight, my numbers all look good. Had bypass about four years ago and 1 year ago my nuclear scan indicated main artery closed 90%. I'm wondering if anybody out there has had actual documented results (by repeat angiography, etc) that the amount of artery disease has reversed. I'm very strict about my diet and have also achieved excellent results like many of you, but I can't actually see where my arteries are improving which is the bottom line of all of this. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Age 71
Total Chol 106
LDL 37
HDL 42
TRI 135
Last edited by vegiman on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegiman

Re: Any hard evidence of Coronary Artery Disease Reversal?

Postby jimbo2010 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm

yes, in 7 months my carotids, showed a marked improvement.
jimbo2010

Postby Katydid » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 pm

This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby vegiman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Kate:
Thanks for your reply. I saw that info before, but I was hoping for more personal proof rather than anecdotal info from the book.
Thanks.
vegiman

Postby Melinda » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Sactobob, who used to post on this forum, had hard evidence of an artery blockage disappearing. Check out his Star Mcdougaller story. Also his own forum, which I believe is www.bobandfarley.com.
Melinda

Postby f1jim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:48 am

I decided when I was diagnosed with blockages not to have the angiography as my cardiologist was gung ho on stents and bypass. I did have a full range of perfusion scans done as well as a failed stress test. I had the tests repeated about a year ago with a stress test passed with flying colors and my perfusion scans showing better flow to my heart. My cardiologist wishes I had opted for the angiogram for more documentation to his colleagues but understands and agrees that his inclinations at the time were to use invasive procedures if he was in there looking! The stopping of angina was all I needed to tell significant progress has been made. I had angina first during exercise and then toward the time I finally was tested, at rest. My cardiologist is more than pleased at my progress. I am pleased that he is pleased!
SactoBob is the other member and Star McDougaller that has had similar results from following this plan. I've met MANY with the same results at various McDougall events over the years and still see them regularly. It's quite motivational to see them year after year, looking well and thriving. Quite a contrast to the deplorable site in the waiting room at my cardiologist office. The place feels like a room filled with people waiting to die. That contrast does a lot to keep me going.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby vegiman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:14 am

To f1jim:
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your info and am encouraged by your words. -- Thanks again

Hardy
vegiman

Postby f1jim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:45 am

I must add that the Dr. Esselstyn book was the motivation to try this way of eating to treat my condition. It offered hope to me but seeing the results in yourself is the real test. It was only after seeing my angina moderate then disappear that I really began to get confidence this was going to work. Thanks goodness the results were quite evident within weeks of starting the program as I am very impatient and if I had to wait years for any results I might not have had the patients to see it through.
I read all the literature starting with Dr. Ornish but for some reason the Esselstyn work clicked with me. I spent last weekend with Dr, Esselstyn, his wife, and son, and if you get the chance go meet him and explain your situation. He is extremely approachable and a fountain of knowledge about this issue. Dr. McDougall has been treating this issue for a long period of time with excellent results, also. The two programs are essentially identical and following one means you are following the other. If you have any other questions or comments please ask here or feel free to PM me. Please joins us and I promise you will be pleased with the results. It will cost you nothing and you will get your life back!
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby jimbo2010 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:00 pm

f1jim wrote:I must add that the Dr. Esselstyn book was the motivation to try this way of eating to treat my condition. ...

I read all the literature starting with Dr. Ornish but for some reason the Esselstyn work clicked with me. ....

He is extremely approachable and a fountain of knowledge about this issue.
f1jim

Same here, he called me back about a ?

I met Joey Acion from the forks over knives dvd, great guy, this diet is the way to go for many reasons.
jimbo2010

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories