Halfway there

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Halfway there

Postby Gramma Jackie » Sat May 05, 2012 7:04 am

I wrote this in my journal, but thought it might be appropriate here too. I am halfway to reaching my goal of losing 100 lbs. (or maybe a little more) so I wrote about my progress in my journal. You can read it here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29251
Gramma Jackie

Re: Halfway there

Postby Katydid » Sat May 05, 2012 7:36 am

Excellent progress against difficult odds. I admire how you manage to live with a SAD husband and eat out, yet still keep to YOUR version of the program. What you said in your journal is critical. We must all make the McDougall program adaptable to our own situations. Congrats on reaching the half-way mark!
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby Norm » Sat May 05, 2012 5:50 pm

I went back and read some of your very early posts on the forum. From them, I can tell that you've been at this a LONG time! You've had struggles, difficulties, and failures. But you stuck with it, and when you didn't, you brushed yourself off and came back and started over!
Now you're halfway to your goal! That is awesome!! Having just passed my halfway point I know what a big accomplishment it is! You can look at where you're going and know you're closer to it than you are to where you started from! If you're like me, you're starting to eye that 75% point and know that it's not all that far away!

I'm proud of you!

-Norm
Norm

Postby Gramma Jackie » Sat May 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Katydid wrote:Excellent progress against difficult odds. I admire how you manage to live with a SAD husband and eat out, yet still keep to YOUR version of the program. What you said in your journal is critical. We must all make the McDougall program adaptable to our own situations. Congrats on reaching the half-way mark!
Kate

Thank you. I don't think my husband will ever give up meat and dairy. For a long time I let that stop me from comitting fully to a plant-based diet, but not anymore.
Gramma Jackie

Postby Gramma Jackie » Sat May 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Norm wrote:I went back and read some of your very early posts on the forum. From them, I can tell that you've been at this a LONG time! You've had struggles, difficulties, and failures. But you stuck with it, and when you didn't, you brushed yourself off and came back and started over!
Now you're halfway to your goal! That is awesome!! Having just passed my halfway point I know what a big accomplishment it is! You can look at where you're going and know you're closer to it than you are to where you started from! If you're like me, you're starting to eye that 75% point and know that it's not all that far away!

I'm proud of you!

-Norm

Thanks, Norm,
Baby steps seem to work better for me than great big strides. When I first attempted McDougalling many years ago I had grandiose plans of losing weight quickly. Indeed some people can. However for me it took a long time to commit fully to the program and I was back and forth. But I won't turn back now. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Congratulations on your weight loss too. :nod:
Gramma Jackie

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories