A stepping stone acheived.

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

A stepping stone acheived.

Postby Brad » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:06 pm

I met my initial weight goal which I set almost a year ago when I started this program. I say stepping stone because I and my body are not done reaping the benefits of this WOE. I suspect I will continue to lose weight, especially since my BMI is just above the acceptable zone.
Benefits include virtual elimination of arthritis, no more sleep apnea, greater energy level, and much less 'old age' feeling in the a.m. to name the most obvious.

These are all side benefits as the orginal purpose was treatment of my CAD (Coronary Artery Disease). My cholesterol has fluctuated between 100 and 120 and the original symptoms of chest pains and shortness of breath when running have disappeared. I have no data to assess physiological progess after my cardiac cath in June revealed 50, 40, and 70% blockages. But I know in my heart ( :roll: ) the blockages have decrease as my cardiovasular system hasn't been this good for 20 years.

Thanks to Dr. McDougall for his research, dedication, and making this site available To Jeff and Jim for their wisdom, and all the others who helped me down the path including support and correction as needed!!
Brad
Last edited by Brad on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
Brad

Re: A stepping stone acheived.

Postby AussieSharon » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:15 pm

This is wonderful. My husband and I are about to embark on this journey and it's very inspiring to read about those who have gone before, and how this WOE has had such marvelous results. Hubby had a double bypass in 2009 and is on a handful of pills a day, and feeling tired, sore joints, feeling older than his 64 years etc. I will be sure to read out your post to him when he comes home from work.
Healthy For Life!
AussieSharon

Postby Brad » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:34 pm

AussieSharon wrote:This is wonderful. My husband and I are about to embark on this journey and it's very inspiring to read about those who have gone before, and how this WOE has had such marvelous results. Hubby had a double bypass in 2009 and is on a handful of pills a day, and feeling tired, sore joints, feeling older than his 64 years etc. I will be sure to read out your post to him when he comes home from work.

AussieSharon, start today. The sooner the better. I am indeed fortunate that I was doing my own stress tests and discovered my blockages before having to have stents like my brother and mother. My father had a triple bypass. My running friend was not so lucky and did have to have a stent but is doing better with the diet now. I know, it is not easy giving up some of those addicting foods!!

As an aside, the cardiologist prescribed statins which I did not like. I chose this WOE instead and am off meds. But I don't recommend that of course since it was AMA :|
Brad
My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
Brad

Postby JennieZ » Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 am

Great news. Thanks for sharing.
JennieZ

Postby carollynne » Thu May 03, 2012 4:29 am

Great news!! very happy for you! it can happen to us all! my symptoms of arthritis are much much lessened. but not gone completely. Off my celebrex at any rate. do not need it. HUrray for that!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Ladybug2 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:00 am

Congratulations! :-D
Ladybug2

Postby f1jim » Thu May 03, 2012 3:42 pm

My congrats to you for your successful journey to better health. Chalk up another one for our side.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Donna R » Sat May 05, 2012 3:08 pm

thanks for good news post, Brad. and thanks to all others who post good results.
~ Donna
Donna R

Postby Brad » Mon May 07, 2012 10:14 am

f1jim wrote:Chalk up.
f1jim

:D Funny.
My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
Brad

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories