JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU!

Postby Pearlz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:24 pm

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE AND THE MCDOUGALLS OF COURSE:

I JOINED IN JANUARY AND HAVEN'T POSTED MUCH HERE BUT HAVE BEEN AVIDLY READING EVERYTHING!!!

A VEGGIE FOR 18 YEARS NEVER COULD UNDERSTAND WHY I COULDN'T LOSE ANYTHING....HMMMMM

WELL I HAVEN'T BEEN STRICT AND THOUGHT IT WOULDN'T BE SO DRASTIC AS I ALREADY DID NOT EAT MEAT....

I AM TRULY DELIGHTED TO SAY THAT BY CUTTING OUT OIL/BUTTER/MILK & CHEESE THAT I HAVE LOST 5 POUNDS IN WEIGHT. MY BMI HAS REDUCED 2.5 POINTS AND A 7% BODY FAT LOSS IN MY FIRST 6 WEEKS!!!

I AM SO THRILLED I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE KEY!

AND I HAVE ENJOYED SO MANY RECIPES FOUND HERE, BEEN EATING MORE THAN I DID BEFORE, AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYING FOOD AGAIN WITH ZERO GUILT...

I AM 100% GRATEFUL AND THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL POSTS ON THIS FORUM THAT HAVE BEEN AN INSPIRATION AS I LEARN....
Pearlz

Re: JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU!

Postby Gramma Jackie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Congratulations!
Gramma Jackie

Postby goldilocks » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Pearlz, that's wonderful! Keep up the good work and I'm confident you'll keep seeing great results.
goldilocks

Postby Pearlz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Thank you both so much!

I am enjoying eating again.....knowing that if you want that extra potato it is OK...isn't that great?
Pearlz

Postby goldilocks » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:24 pm

I am so with you! Just knowing that you can actually trust your hunger signals when you're eating the food that is really healthy for you is such an immense relief. I spent so many years trying to "control" my eating and figure out how to eat less. I couldn't figure out why I carried extra weight since I was eating such a "health" diet (or so I thought). Why couldn't I just trust my hunger signals? I kept trying, but I had to stop eating food that was toxic for me before my hunger signals would work right.

Eating healthy, whole plant foods that are low in fat and calorie density and high in nutrients is the key for me. I'm still amazed when I realize that I don't want to finish my whole dinner. That hardly ever happened to me in the past! And on the flip side, if I'm hungry for more than I thought I would be, I simply eat more until I am satisfied. And I stay slim and healthy now, without having to worry about it.

So awesome. :)
goldilocks

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories