Seeing Things Differently :)

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Seeing Things Differently :)

Postby Pacificfords » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:27 pm

This may not seem like a huge success story to many, but it was for me. This morning my husband was cooking himself some breakfast. I had a grapefruit and was leaving the house. When I saw what he cooked it looked delicious. He sauteed onions and potatoes and added vegetarian baked beans. I had to have some. I scooped a spoon into the bowl and suddenly it didn't look right to me. I looked at the food. I looked at my husband. Then I asked him if he put oil in it. We haven't cooked with oil since the beginning of the year. He had. He found a bottle of sesame oil that I use to infuse with my essential oils for skin care. :duh: He said he added a couple tablespoons. That probably means more like 1/4 cup. I poured it back into the pan. I was a little disappointed that he had done that and was going to let me eat it when I have come so far, but instead of discussing it I just went on with my day and will likely hide that oil in a bathroom cupboard somewhere.

I was thrilled that I "noticed" the oil. In the past I would not have even noticed. :) The small successes are going to lead to the bigger ones. :)
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
http://healthyandknowit2012.blogspot.com/
Pacificfords

Re: Seeing Things Differently :)

Postby pammo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Good for you.....it's amazing what you can "sniff" out once you get used to not having it. And being able to put it back once you had initially scooped some out is quite a big step. Keep up the good work, sister!
pammo

Postby Pacificfords » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:50 am

pammo wrote:Good for you.....it's amazing what you can "sniff" out once you get used to not having it. And being able to put it back once you had initially scooped some out is quite a big step. Keep up the good work, sister!

Thanks :) I was pretty darn proud of myself on both counts. It is amazing to see how things change with a plant based lifestyle once commitment really takes over. Such a new awareness of life.
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby Vegan Hunter » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Good for you. Keep working on your husband. He'll come around. And you're right about the new awareness of life. Of course, I like to think that those of us on this path are generally more "aware" anyway!
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those that are good at math, and those that aren't.
Vegan Hunter

Postby Pacificfords » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Vegan Hunter wrote:Good for you. Keep working on your husband. He'll come around. And you're right about the new awareness of life. Of course, I like to think that those of us on this path are generally more "aware" anyway!

It is getting easier. At work today, someone brought him breakfast from McDonalds. He ate it. He was sick for two hours and had to keep working and visiting the bathroom. He seems to have learned his lesson...lol... and yes I totally laughed with him. It was all in good fun. He feels much better now.
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Wonderful success story. When my husband cooks for me, I sometimes have to ask if he added any oil.
proverbs31woman

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories