New to post on this board - New Blog

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

New to post on this board - New Blog

Postby Norman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Everyone

I am new to this board. I have been vegan for 2 years and aware of healthy wholefoods plant based nutrition for this time but have lacked the will to fully implement it. My attempts with the Furhman diet failed because I was always hungry trying to stay away from starches. Dr Furhman doesn't want you to eat between meals. I couldn't do it so I ended up eating tons of fruit between meals and keeping nuts in the house didn't work as I couldn't stop eating them all day. When I failed I would get back into vegan processed food.

Two months ago I adopted a Dr Mcdougall and Essellstyn diet and it is working great. I am not hungry and the starch in my meals carries me through and as I can snack on carrots and potatoes if a little hungry. Jeff Novick has also been very helpful with his caloric density chart video. I have lost over 17 lbs in the last two months.

Ht 5'10.5"
Highest Weight 243
Current weight 196.6
Goal weight 160

I have started a blog and will post new weight , blood pressure, blood glucose stats once a month. I post the link on facebook as well. I want to reach those who believe they need to eat animals to be healthy. My wife Cynthia has been taking Dr Campbell's course through Cornell. It's a fabulous course. It's great to have a partner in alignment with healthy eating.

The stories and photos on this site have been very inspirational.

Thanks
posting.php?mode=post&f=13#
Norman

[url]normansplantstrongjourney.blogspot.com/[/url]
Norman

Re: New to post on this board - New Blog

Postby Melinda » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:10 am

Welcome to the board, Norman! I'll bet you are feeling so much better!
Melinda

Re: New to post on this board - New Blog

Postby Atom » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Great to hear about your new-found success! Look forward to hearing more from you! :)
Atom

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories