Garden hoses for veins

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Garden hoses for veins

Postby Nean » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:27 pm

Just a little do it yourself observation that this diet style works.

By history, I'm one of those unfortunates that had to stand at the lab sink with both hands in hot water trying to dilate the veins in the back of my hands so the phlebotomist had some hope of getting enough blood. After I'd lost a lot of weight, that got better, but I was still a tough stick. My weight has been stable for at least a year. Not at goal, but stable. My eating has been 90 - 100% plant based with minimal SOS for 20 months.

So this past few days I've noticed that, more than ever, I have HUGE veins. Nice big juicy ones on the backs of my hands and up my arms. At least 3 big visible givers per hand and at least two more that would work in a pinch. Of course there is no white coat syndrome when I'm at home, and I notice it most at night during and after my tub. But the other day I saw the picture Essylstein uses to show revascularization of the heart. My hands look like the pictures of that man's heart! Few skinny little tiny veins before. Lots of thick veins after.. :D
"I am very much in control of how I feel as long as I control what I put in my mouth!" Blue
Nean

Re: Garden hoses for veins

Postby sjsilver » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Congratulations! It sounds like the diet is really working for you.
sjsilver

Re: Garden hoses for veins

Postby veggie lover » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Awesome! Isn't it great all the things that improve with this diet!?!

I'd like to see a low-carb-er say this same thing on one of their forums! It ain't gonna happen!
veggie lover

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories