November 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: November 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby RacingSnake108 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:47 am

Mark Cooper wrote:RacingSnake108 - Welcome back! As you note, consistency is key, so getting back to focused adherence to the recommended pattern of behavior over a substantial duration of time will deliver the results you are seeking. :nod: If you would like a refresher on the procedures for the group, you can always refer to the Orientation materials. Looking forward to Friday's self-assessment and weigh-in!

Thank you Mark! This group is such an amazingly supportive and friendly place. I feel blessed
RacingSnake108

Postby conni » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:57 pm

Hello, my name is Conni. I have completed the orientation and would like to be added to the group. I realize November is half over but just found this resource and am hoping to be included in the November group. I will post my weight and progress with following the 10 guidelines on Friday November 19.
conni

November 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby Mark Cooper » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:32 pm

conni - Hello! Welcome to the group; we are glad you'll be joining us! :D
Mark Cooper

Postby BambiS » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:56 am

Weight change +/- in lbs:
Weight 11/19 -2.4

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.y
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.y
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.y
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).y
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).y
6. Eliminate any added oil.y
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.y
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).y
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.y
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).y

Victories, comments, concerns, questions.

.Focused on stop eating when full and when hungry this week.

.Even my husband saw my success and ate most plant based meals. He is a liver transplant patient that has sarcoidosis and recently had a flair up and was put on prednisone to control it.

.Planed healthy meals for Thanksgiving

.first weigh in start date 11/7 215.3
Total lost -7.8
BambiS

Postby Rebecka22 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:09 am

144.0 Weight change +/- in lbs: -0.4 pounds
1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. YES
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. YES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. YES
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). YES
6. Eliminate any added oil. YES
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. YES
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). YES
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: I feel good about a few things this week. Of course all the yeses, but also I feel good about the advice to keep things simple. I feel like I have a good system of simple substitutions when I cook meals for my family that aren’t compliant and I feel less and less temptation by those things. I know the holidays will pose some challenges, but I’m happy for the accountability and support of this group. I hope everyone has a great week! Happy Thanksgiving!
Rebecka22

Postby GreenFroG » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:00 am

Weight change +/- in lbs: - 0.0 No change

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :thumbsup:
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. :thumbsup:
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. :thumbsup:
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). :thumbsup:
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). :thumbsdown: Avocado in meal of beans and rice
6. Eliminate any added oil. :thumbsup:
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :thumbsup:
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). :thumbsup:
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. :thumbsup:
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). :thumbsup:

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: Overall did pretty well; happy to stay the same after eating avocado. Had one meal that was basically beans and rice, but it had small pieces of avocado mixed in with it. Was the best choice of the offerings available. Otherwise, ate at home and kept it simple. For Thanksgiving, we are going non-traditional. Getting together with a few family members, and we all agreed to try to keep it very simple this year. Fixing stuffed bell peppers with brown rice, black beans and corn. For the veggies, roasted Brussel sprouts and a large salad. For the sweet tooth we are going to try homemade applesauce with cinnamon and nutmeg. We will see how it goes! Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!
GreenFroG

Mark's Replies for November 19 - Part 1

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:00 pm

BambiS - Awesome progress! :D And your husband feeling swayed by your success is pretty cool, right? Kudos to you for organizing Thanksgiving meals that will support your efforts. Carry on!

Rebecka22 - Hooray for a great week! :thumbsup: It seems like your dedicated efforts toward adherence, and that focus on simplicity are starting to build confidence in your ability to succeed, and making such strides away from temptation is a big win. Have a great week!

GreenFroG - Seems like a pretty solid week to me! Your Thanksgiving menu sounds fantastic; good for you, and enjoy! :D
Mark Cooper

Postby cmcavazos2 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: - .6# loss

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. YES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. YES
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). YES
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. YES
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). YES
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). NO

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:

Victories: I did well with preplanning my meals this week. I didn't have quite the variety as usual, but the planned leftovers made mealtime preparation a lot easier with this week's busy schedule. --- I had coffee out with friends rather than going out for lunch which took away much temptation -- and less costly too! --- I think that I am finally getting a good balance of how much food I need to eat to have "just enough" and not feeling overly hungry between meals. Success!

Comments: We are going to be travelling to see family over Thanksgiving. My husband and I will not be eating out when we are on the road. I'm planning on packing several meals for the cooler which will not require reheating for our picnic stops on the road.

Questions: None this week.

Have a great Thankgiving to all! And thank you for the reminder of the MWL-adapted holiday meals and menus that are wonderful for Thanksgiving.
cmcavazos2

Postby Hope410 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:16 pm

Weight change: Loss - 1.2

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). NO, Exercised 3 days only.

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: My goal this week will be exercising earlier in the day because waiting until later doesn't work out well for me.
Hope410

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:48 pm

Hi Everyone, Happy weekend!! :cool:

Weight change - 2.2 lbs. loss
Current weight - 127.2 lbs.
Last Week weight - 129.4 lbs.

1 Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes, most of the time - especially for breakfast & lunch. I am less shy about making larger salad and am doing that for breakfast, with lunch including cabbage salad usually. Love the McD tomato dressing on this and that it can be pre-made without making it a bad salad. Have lots of simple ways to make salad quick and easy - bagged / washed greens, pre-shredded carrots, keeping chopped onion (always) in fridge, using baby cuke & tomatoes to add to veggies, adding cold roasted veggies. Looking to find a dinner pre-load soup that I love...

2 Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches.
Choose fruit for dessert.
Yes, most of the time. 2/21 meals were starch heavy.

3 Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Yes.

4 Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES, of course. :D

5 Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). YES!!! I am still eliminating the bad snacking. :mrgreen:

6 Eliminate any added oil. Yes! I do not add oil and only have this if eating out (which I hardly ever do).

7 Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes, puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes - one miss with pretzels... Boo to the pretzels.

8 Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes

9 Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes. I continue to focus on hunger and am not stuffing.

10 Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Yes - 5 of 7 days with total more than 210 min. for week. Extra brisk walking for 2 of the 5 days with ridiculous weather and wanting to get home asap... Have started to integrate some functional fitness exercises as well. I work from home and have been making a point to get up and stretch or do jumping jacks or something periodically. This has really helped me to feel more energetic throughout those WFH days!! :)

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:

I am feeling great!!! Was a bit strange to go from immersive 12 day McD program bubble back to "real life" but it has been fine. I am focusing on keeping things super simple and loving what I eat. I feel empowered with the knowledge / tools available to keep going!!

Focusing a bit on stress and strategies for managing it -- which will serve me well in not reverting back to bad habits.

Does anyone have any specific thoughts / plan around Thanksgiving meals? This one will not be a difficult one for me to comply with MWL checklist - going to in-laws (small gathering, off-year, most folks snacks only and leaving for other party) and bringing meat-eaters a restaurant meal. I am likely to make red lentil chili for the non-meat eaters and thinking of fruit tray and veggie hummus tray as well.
Saw your list, GreenFrog - your peppers sound awesome!!!

Hope that everyone has an excellent week and Happy Thanksgiving to all US participants!!!

Cheers,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Gimmelean » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:12 am

Weight change +/- in lbs: -2.2
11/12/2021. 128.2
11/19/2021. 126

1.Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes

2.Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Yes

3.Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.Yes

4.Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Yes

5.Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Yes

6.Eliminate any added oil. Yes

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes

8.Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes

9.Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes

10.Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). Yes.

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: Hi everyone.
I’m back down 2.2 pounds this week. Walking a few extra minutes each day, and completely eliminating sugar and bread made the difference. Having the MWL checklist for direct accountability and the resources you provide has made it possible for me to lose weight and maintain it for the first time in my life with much less struggle. I will always have lapses and have finally let go of striving for perfection and know that when I do gain it’s within my control to manage it without anxiety, guilt, or shame. Like all of us, those feelings will come back for sure without warning but I’m in a good place to deal with them here.
Since I’m cooking for my family for Thanksgiving, I am going to prepare foods I eat which everyone loves and are good for them too. I’m going to wear the tightest jeans I own and plan to be too busy cooking and serving to overeat. I might even allow others in my kitchen to help!Happy Thanksgiving!
I
Gimmelean

Postby squealcat » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:05 am

Weight change +/- in lbs: 10/29: 197.5, 11/5: 197.1, 11/12: 195.6, this week : 193.3 which is a loss of -2.3 pounds !

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.yes for 19/21 meals
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.yes for 20/21 meals
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.yes for 19/21 meals
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).yes
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).yes
6. Eliminate any added oil. 5 of 7 days
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.yes for 19 of 21 meals
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).yes
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.yes
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).I got in at least 30 minutes every day but one

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: I got out my MWL checklists for the last two weeks and this week is a LOT better looking than last week with more checkmarks (yesses) than blank circles . Nice to see a greater weight loss too but I know it doesn't always follow that way. I stayed over night at my daughter's house last night and my granddaughter was given the job to hide the candy bowl (my request ) . She hid it in a low spot in the office and their dog got into it and ate a bunch of the candy! :lol: I had less problem eating snacks at their house just by not looking at their treats and bringing food I really love. I made a dish from Well Your World called a Starch Blaster and it was delicious ! Reminds me a lot of Jeff's recipes and was a good way to use up greens and other veggies at the end of the week by cooking them with small amounts of 3 different starches.

We are making plans to have our children and grandchildren over on Thanksgiving and since we will be their second stop, we are just having sandwiches , raw veggies and a fruit bowl. There will be dessert but leftovers go home with the kids. :nod: I want to make my favorite lentil loaf and potatoes for myself. I will not feel deprived at all. This makes for an easy Thanksgiving for us. We have done MANY of the traditional ones and we are so over it !

Have a great week everyone ! I can't believe that next weekend is the last one in November already !

-squealcat (Marilyn)
squealcat

Postby CUgorji22 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:37 am

Happy Saturday to all!

*Weight Change: +0.6 lbs (gain)*

*Guidelines:
Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Compliant 4/7 days
Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Compliant 6/7 days
Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Compliant 6/7 days
Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Compliant 7/7 days
Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Compliant 6/7 days
Eliminate any added oil. Compliant 6/7 days
Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Compliant 5/7 days
Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Compliant 5/7 days
Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don’t starve yourself and don’t stuff yourself. Compliant 7/7 days
Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). Compliant 3/7 days

*Summary:
Overall, I feel good about my week but not great. Last weekend me & my hubby attended a Marriage Retreat; it was wonderful. I submitted my dietary restrictions early but was served vegan food. I didn't feel as in control of what I was eating as I wanted to. I did take my own breakfast items & snacks. It felt great to walk by the abundant snack table and not pick up one thing! The Retreat was the 1st time my husband & I have experienced social eating in a group setting (outside of our home) since the pandemic started last year. I noticed I wasn't as sharp to think about what I was eating because I was distracted with talking/socializing. For instance, I could have requested soup with dinner Saturday night but completely forgot because I was talking non-stop until my food was served. I bring this up because I predict I will find myself in more of these situations as my family gets out more. Lastly, I realized oat milk is high in fat :shock: I was using it in my tea. I thought it was a good alternative to soy milk, which isn't compliant...but it seems oat milk can't be either. Or is it?!?

*Challenges:
1. I felt stuck at the Retreat because I wasn't in a position to make my own food.
2. I plan to make a batch of soup for the week. Having it ready & available will help a ton.
3. The meal I missed most, in terms of my soup/salad starter, was dinner. I think I'm in such a hurry, I stop thinking intentionally. This was a busy week with lots of evening activities. In some ways, I felt like I conquered a huge feat just to get the right foods on the table...and then I'd realize halfway thru my meal, I forgot my starter. UGH!
4. I struggled this week with high-density foods...specifically, popcorn one day & vegan pumpkin bread last night. I made the bread for friends we hosted. I told myself I would NOT eat any bread. My friends left, my family ate what was left except one piece :crybaby: I justified eating that piece by telling myself I didn't want it to go to waste. So...at this point, my choices are (a) make MWL compliant desserts for friends, (b) stop making desserts altogether and stick with serving tea/beverages. This is the 1st week I have served a vegan dessert while in the Group. I am known for my vegan baking...but the temptation is too high.
5. I mindlessly ordered a caramel, apple cider with friends during the Retreat, while on one of our breaks. I was very cold and wanted something hot. It was wayyyyyy too sweet. Pretty much wasted my money...and calories :crybaby:

*Victories:
1. YAY! No animal products this week!!
2. Chose raw veggies as snacks this week.
3. Learning (again) to stop eating when I feel satisfied, even though more food remains on the table. I had a couple really tough days of grieving this week so this victory is HUGE for me.
4. I managed to complete one more day of exercise than last week...YAY! It's chilly here (Seattle) but I plan to try walking early mornings before my family wakes up. I had an early phone meeting yesterday & started it at the end of my walk. IT WORKED! Lol!

I saw another Group member report her meals (ex: 19/21) instead of days (ex: 6/7) for some of the guidelines. I wonder if I should try that because it's usually one meal in a day that blows my whole day of reporting.

Have a great weekend!

-Chesca
CUgorji22

Postby Noella » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi Mark,

No Change +/- 0

I'm not frustrated by my weight loss being at a standstill over the past couple months. I had expected a possible lengthy plateau.At least I was expecting the last ten pounds to come away much more gradually than how it came off when I first started out almost two years ago. So, now that I'm at this point of being so close to my goal I'm not surprised, and the good news is I look pretty good appearance-wise, I feel amazing health-wise, and most importantly, my knees just get a bit better (No pain since July, also stronger, and more agile and flexible) with each and every month of eating this way. I am keeping my focus on eating as healthy as possible and I'm becoming more vigilant about the source of our food as I want to make sure organic, when possible, and fresh and vibrant looking too. I'm doing my best to avoid overly processed foods, condiments and seasonings that are artificially fortified, or have preservatives, MSG and other additives. I noticed that using a popular brand of organic No-Salt seasoning that contains citric acid seems related to a very tiny but very itchy spot of eczema that comes and goes on my leg. I want to eat fresh whole food, or food that is packaged and processed foods with minimal processing and with minimal number of easily identifiable ingredients listed on the label. I have learning a lot about food and ingredients over the past 23 months and while it's easy for to check labels, I still have to remind myself to do it.

On a cheery note, I had a medical appointment yesterday and the clinician took my weight and height. This is the first time since starting to follow this way of eating that I have had my weight and height officially measured and recorded. I was REALLY pleased, and felt a zing of joy in my spirit all day, just to see that the number that displayed on the clinic's scale matched the number displaying most frequently on my home scale. There have been many times over the past 23 months of following Starch Based and MWL that I could of smashed my scale! I thought my home scale was defective, or worse, and I wanted to throw it out and buy a new one. While our scale does seem a bit wonky some days, seeing that the numbers on it matched perfectly with the clinic reassures me to keep this scale and not worry about its inconsistencies quite so much. I usually take three-four readings and then calculate the average. I was also pleased to find that my height is still 5' 8 1/2" because I had heard that people sometimes shrink a bit on their height and I was glad to see it hasn't happened for me. If I had lost an inch of height I would need to recalculate a new healthy ideal weight goal for my height. I'm glad to see that my goal weight of about 140 can remain as my healthy weight goal and I don't have to go even lower.

Reading in one of Dr. McDougall's archived newsletters recently, I came across a sentence that jumped out at me: He said something like, "If you want to know if you need to lose more weight simply look at your naked self in the mirror. You will be able to see if you have excess weight." Well, I tried it and I clearly have about five to ten pounds to go. I can see the excess weight mostly at my waistline.

I SO want to see the scale drop and while this weight plateau is not budging I continue to take my measurements ( they're lower!) and check the fit of my clothes and belts (they are a bit looser too) so I know the scale will reflect another loss in due time. Patience...Diligence...

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes.
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Yes.
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Yes.
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Yes.
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Yes.
6. Eliminate any added oil. Yes.
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes.
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes.
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes.
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). No, I didn't do much this week. This is my most challenging behaviour to change and my most difficult habit to develop!
Last edited by Noella on Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Noella

Reporting for November 19 Weigh-In is now CLOSED

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:01 pm

The window for reporting this week's weigh-in and behavioral results has officially closed.

The remainder of my replies and the weekly summary will follow.
Mark Cooper

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program