July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby Renestl » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:37 am

July 1 - 239.6
July 3 - 236.4 (-3.2 lbs)
July 10 - 235.4 (-1.0 lbs)
July 17 - 233.2 (-2.2 lbs)
July 24 - 232.6 (-0.6 lbs)
July 30 - 231.4 (1.2 lbs)
Total loss for month - 8.2 lbs

Nice unexpected loss this week. I had a way better week than last week. Looking back at this months food, I need to focus on eating more often. I'm uninspired to eat and then I'm grabbing the most calorie heavy thing I can find. I know what to eat, but I don't know what to eat, or what I want to eat, if that makes sense. I don't have any favorite meals to convert and the recipes I've been trying, while good, aren't hitting my "I can eat this everyday forever" bells. So this week I ate mostly microwave potatoes w/ frozen broccoli, a couple of snap meals over potatoes or rice and apples for dessert, and was able to eat off track less. Can I seriously rotate between these 2 meals for a while and be fine?

Thank you to the moderators for your amazing support. The responses are making a huge difference in my mindset.

I am looking forward to August and to continuing to move forward!
Renestl

Postby JeffN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:54 am

CindyD wrote:I did not get the Maximum Weight Loss book (yet)

Welcome!

You do not have to buy the book. In fact, the program was updated a few times since the book and you can get everything you need for free right here...

MWL Program Guidelines

MWL 10-Point Checklist

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Noella » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi Mark, Jeff, Wild Goose and MWL Participants,

Weight Change: -3 lbs.

This month has been a month of learning what not to do. I experienced my first weight loss plateau after six months of steady weight loss. It disappointed me to see my weight loss progress stall. Worried that I might regain the weight I have lost, I immediately started to reread all of the posts here on MWL including the guidelines for MWL. Then I watched several Dr. McDougall, Jeff Novick and Dr. Lisle webinars.
Here is a list of where I seem to have fallen short this month:
-I gradually started eating more fruit each day until I was actually eating cherries ad libitum. My excuse? Our daughter brought us thirty pounds of fresh picked cherries from their orchard.
- I started sprinkling a lot of extra salt and herbal salt (yes, both!) on my food at the table...My excuse? I had cooked without salt.
- I haven’t been going on long walks... My excuse? It’s the ‘lazy, hazy, crazy‘ days of summer and it’s so hot outside.
- I have eaten off-plan a Few times...a glass of wine here and some high calorie dense foods there. My excuse? We had company visit for several days and we travelled and stayed in hotels for four days to attend my brother’s wedding.

Each brief moment of noncompliance seems insignificant at the time yet these add up and it matters. Dr. Lisle’s message in Getting Along Without Going Along helped me to see what I can try in social situations going forward . I recommend watching this to anyone who is interested in understanding the social hierarchy when eating with family and friends.

Success with the MWL guidelines:
1- Start each meal with soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :nod: 7/7
2- Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals. :nod: 7/7 As long as I eat starch I don’t get cravings for high calorie density foods. Choose fruit for dessert. 7/7 I ate fruit at after every meal because it’s in season and perfectly ripe and delicious.
3 - Reduce/Eliminate added sugars/salt. :nod: 7/7 I’m cooking without added salt or sugar. This week I noticed that salt is a bit troublesome because it increases my appetite leading to larger servings...and I was starting to sorinkle on more and more salt at the table! Now that a I’m more aware of this trouble with salt I’m going to be more careful.
4- Eliminate all animal foods. :nod: 7/7 I’m relatively new at not eating meat and dairy, as this was a change I made in January, 2020, when I started the McDougall Starch Diet.
5- Eliminate all high fat plant foods (e.g., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy...). :nod: 7/7 I do miss these but I have decided that as long as I have excess weight, these are not for me.
6- Eliminate any added oil. :nod: 7/7 I have made many delicious meals without added oil. I know my sense of what tastes delicious is steadily being transformed.
7) Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (especially bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, rice cakes, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :nod: 7/7 No problem!
8- Don’t drink calories (especially smoothies, juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). :nod: 7/7 No problem!
9- Follow these principles, eating when you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. :nod: 7/7 I’m much more aware of my hunger and I make sure to eat starch for satiation.
10- Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). :| I 3/7 I have been lazy this week.

I am always inspired by reading everyone’s weekly posts. Thanks to everyone, always, for taking the time to share your experiences.

Jeff Novick -Thank you, Jeff, for sharing about your older brother, your nephew-in-law and the friend of a friend. I hope that your nephew and brother will choose to put forth the time and effort to learn and find their way to better health.
Thank you SO much for your willingness and enthusiasm to share what you know. :nod:

Best regards to everyone joining the August MWL for a wonderful week towards improved health!
Noella [/color]
Last edited by Noella on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noella

Postby GreenGables » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:23 pm

I have experienced the same struggle with dressings for the past year. Sounds like our dislikes are similar. And, like you, I have settled on REALLY diluting a ranch-style dressing that includes cashews. I use about 2 T. cashews (rather than 1 cup) in a dressing that yields at least 2 1/2cups, sometimes 3 1/2 cups, depending on what else I include. The "secret" to creaminess is the addition of raw zucchini. The blended zucchini adds at least a cup to the final product, so I end up using less water in the blender. I use this as my "treat" dressing. I keep experimenting with bean dressings, though -- hoping I'll come up with a truly tasty combination. (So far, Cannellini beans seem to be least offensive flavor to me in a dressing.) After a few disappointing experiments, which I dutifully consume because it's "compliant", I'll make the "treat" dressing. Also, the fresher the salad ingredients, the more water content they seem to have and I find I don't use as much dressing.

Thanks for your posts. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with this issue. I was really frustrated a year ago, less so now. Time may help you, too.
GreenGables

Postby GreenGables » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:36 pm

Minus 1 pound this week. Down 5 pounds total for July.

Still working on 50/50 plate and adding more veggies. Getting closer....

No animal products - 100%

I experienced greater hunger than normal three days this week. Ate more starch to compensate; on the third day of hunger I added even more vegs to dinner to add bulk -- seemed to do the trick - or else the triple digit temperatures stole my appetite... Also had some tofu this week.
GreenGables

Postby Kathie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:36 pm

SW: 243
7/24: 232
7/31: 229.6

I did OK, but had a couple of regular McDougall meals - not MWL.
Really dislike the vinegary salad dressings, so have been eating veg soup. I make a big pot of it and eat it all week.
Probably still stuffing a little at different times. Need to retrain self on that.
Stuck to most of the rest of MWL.

So is whole wheat pasta on MWL? And does the flour in that affect the joints and things like that? I seem to remember reading that wheat can make that kind of thing worse?
Kathie

Postby veganvic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:38 pm

Update for July31

July 3 145.2
July 10 146.2
July 18 144.8
July 25 144.6
July 31 144.6

Goal: 138

No loss this week, but I am thankful no gain. I worked the program pretty good, although not perfectly. My details are below. Hope to lose more in August.

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Doing good for breakfast & lunch.

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Doing well on this. Trying to eat less overall, and that is challenging sometimes.

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Used no added sugar and minimal salt via light soy sauce or Braggs.

4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Never plan to eat animal products again!

5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Had small amount of tofu on two days.

6. Eliminate any added oil. Yes, no problem.

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Had one wholewheat muffin for breakfast this week and a few wheat crackers.

8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Doing good.

9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes.

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking) Had a good week. Only 1 day that I did not get this in. Hope the hurricane Isaias doesn’t cause a problem with my walking next week. With the pandemic I am not going to the gym. I do body weight exercises at home, but I know the intensity is lower than when at the gym.
veganvic

Postby JeffN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:41 pm

Kathie wrote:So is whole wheat pasta on MWL? And does the flour in that affect the joints and things like that? I seem to remember reading that wheat can make that kind of thing worse?

Whole grain pasta is allowed on the MWL. Remember to follow the 50/50 with it and load the dish with lots of non-starchy vegetables.

If one is allergic to wheat or gluten, then yes, there can be issues with it. However, the are many whole grain pastas that are wheat and gluten free (ie, Rice Pasta, Buckwheat pasta, etc)

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby SGarcia » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:05 pm

I am at #209 this week for a loss of 3#.

This week, I really tried to make regular McDougalling my baseline and add the other guidelines as often as I could. I would say I was less than 50% effective at the other guidelines and not much better at McDougalling. But something's working.
SGarcia

Mark's Replies for July 31 - Part 1

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:55 pm

LesleyMills - Nice! It sounds like your week went well and that is great progress for the month! I imagine you were away from home when "sneaking" those hot chips; Jeff's Chubby Chips actually travel really well, so might be worth preparing some to bring along the next time you think you'll be tempted.
JeffN wrote:Chubby Chips Recipe

-Take your favorite potato (white, sweet, yam, yellow, etc)
-Slice into rounds, about 1/4 inch thick
-Layer them on a non stick baking pan
(or line it with parchment paper)
-Add Seasoning (garlic, chili powder, cinnamon, curry, etc)
-Broil till golden, turn them over and repeat
(Or roast till golden)

We love to add garlic &/or chipotle seasoning to the regular potatoes and curry &/or cinnamon to the sweet potatoes.

We like them thick and chewy and that is why we call them "Chubby Chips," If you like them crisper, you can just cut them thinner and if you have a mandolin slicer, you can cut them fairly thin and even. We also use a waffle knife (or slices) to make wavy cuts and make "Chubby Ruffle Chips."
See your in the forthcoming August thread!

PonysPlants - Three cheers for consistency! Excellent work reminding yourself that you are making very respectable progress - keep at it and you'll attain that healthy BMI by and by. Congrats on fulfilling that personal mission to have zero bread this week! I'm glad you've noticed improvement in your hip pain. Current MWL group participants will automatically be included in the August group, should they wish to continue. :D See you there!

Cathy Ann - Down a pound! And 12 for the month! In my experience, making sure you aren't facing social occasions in a state of hunger, whether that means eating in advance or bring appropriate foods along, can really help in being better able to avoid troublesome foods while socializing. It sounds like you have made some useful observations about the way you react to rich foods; we really are fortunate to have access to such an abundance and variety of delicious, minimally processed starches, fruits and vegetables aren't we? Keep marching forward toward that future!

josietheschnauzer - YAY! Holding steady! I know - hard to believe July is leaving us already! See you in August!

Wfpb2020 - Awesome result! That seems like a great week - omit the remaining dairy and nuts, and you'll be 10/10! :D

Abe - How fabulous that you've been enjoying Peloton Power Zone training! It makes sense to focus on the 50/50 plate, since that seems to be the sole remaining point with room for further improvement. In aggregate, your weight loss still looks pretty much right on track for the month.

Waterfit - An overall 5 lbs lost during July is great progress! Try to keep in mind that many factors can influence a single given reading from the scale - keep focusing on the recommended behaviors, knowing that the less weight one has to lose, the smaller the margin for error becomes.

Joanne_elon - Down a pound this week and 5 for July! Hooray for getting back on track!!!

Annegret - Horseback riding sounds like an enjoyable pastime to look forward to re-engaging! Plant-based often means different things to different people, but the more you can bring your behavior in line with the recommendations outlined in the MWL 10-Point Checklist, the more successful you are likely to be. :)

Ladeux - Hang in there and keep working on making the appropriate changes in behavior where you have the opportunity to do so! Even a little oil can really make a difference, so eliminating that (and the other calorie dense foods) are definitely steps in the right direction. Do you think any particular change in your environment, routine or preparation contributed to deciding to have that non-adherent dinner?

Dennis h - 2 lbs down is still progress in the right direction and 16 lbs for the month is great! Great progress reducing added salt and getting in those daily walks! Your assessment with the checklist gives you some great points to focus your attention for continuing (or improving :D )your momentum.

jan_npr - That does indeed look like an overall great week, with the exciting weight change to show for it! Keep it up!

rlechols - Big congratulations on hitting that milestone of 75 LBS LOST! Sorry you had to endure that migraine! It does sound like you have a good handle on the factors that precipitated it. That aside, looks like another great, consistent week.

Violet3135 - I'll record a 3 lb loss for you this week, to account for your change in weight since the last recorded results. Sorry to hear last week's post evaporated - one thing to note (for everyone) after hitting submit, you should briefly see a screen that says "This message has been posted successfully." If you don't see that message, your post probably didn't go through (likely because additional posts were added to the thread during the time your post was written), so don't close the page. Try submitting a second time, and if you see the confirmation message your post should show up in the thread. I'm glad you are feeling satisfied with your results for this month, it is well-deserved! Since a salad typically comprises non-starchy vegetables, I would think that could effectively serve as a preload. Since you are already a participant, you're welcome to continue in August - the new thread should go up on Monday.

RebaRox - Very nice result! Great work substituting white beans in place of the cashews! If that cheese sauce contains nutritional yeast, just be mindful of the concerns and recommended limits for that ingredient. Sounds like you have incorporated many of the recommended behaviors. I hope you enjoy some delightful rides on that soon to be fixed bike!

Beeshell - Kudos! It's fine to just report change in weight, as that is what we're tracking from week to week. I can see how those health issues and concerns for your loved ones would make for an emotionally difficult week. I think you are wise in trying not to "get down on" yourself for behaving less than perfectly; aim for doing a little better each day and each week, continuing to make positive changes where you have the opportunity to do so. Enjoy that walk with your husband!

jkcook - :D So long to those 3 lbs! Keep in mind that whole grain pastas, particularly when consumed primavera-style with an equal volume of non-starchy vegetables, are acceptable within the MWL guidelines, whereas tofu and Gardein meatballs should be eliminated. Jeff's burger recipe makes for great "meatballs," too! Since your results for the week exceeded your expectations, just don't let those deviations from adherence become the norm since you "got away with it." :D Forever sounds exciting!

Belana - Nice result, particularly while on the road! Taking note of the differences between your own consumption and that of your circle seems like a useful measure in keeping things under control. Keep doing the best you can!

Amberlina - That seems like a really great week! Those first few days of muscle soreness from a new exercise routine can be a challenging hurdle - cheers for not giving up! It is great that your structure and preparation has proven helpful; the absence of cravings is a welcome development. I haven't had sloppy lentil joes in a while, but they were a favorite of mine, as well.

OrangeBird - Nice loss, both for the week and month! Seems like the week went pretty well for you, and I can imagine how the upcoming wedding could prove motivating. Keep marching forward!

GreenFroG - Excellent adherence! You have it exactly right - continue to concentrate on the recommended pattern of behavior and let the scale take care of itself. :thumbsup: I'm sure the improvement in total cholesterol was a pleasing result. Dr. McDougall's comments and newsletters related to cholesterol and triglycerides are here. See you in August!

Dot - Hang in there! Your plan to continue working on the recommended behaviors is precisely the correct approach to best support continuing progress. Since you are already a participant in the group, you are most welcome to continue reporting in August - that new thread will be posted on Monday.

Pattyj115 - Down 7.4 for July! Making some improvements with respect to the recommend behaviors is a step in the right direction. Something that helps keep me feeling enthusiastic about my simple meals - I always make a point of eating my most favorite of the recommended foods and including abundant herbs and spices. Is that something that might work in your situation, to keep those meals from being "ho-hum?" I would note that the ongoing inclusion of more calorie rich and hyper-palatable foods can sometimes make the recommended foods seem bland in comparison, so if those can be eliminated it may help your palate to adjust. You've made some nice progress, so you should be pleased - you absolutely can do this!

chaz01 - Nice loss for the week and great adherence! I'm sure that running without soreness is a very welcome development! Here's to an August filled with opportunities for growth and development!

vegyluvver - Way to go attending more closely to the recommended behaviors! I'm glad your food diary is proving helpful - eliminating the boba, starting meals with soup and/or salad, and focusing on the 50/50 plate are all sensible adjustments to support your efforts. :nod:

conniegeerhart - Wow! I'm sure that big loss is very pleasing! It sounds like the week went pretty well for you. I think the best approach to dealing with cravings is to eat the recommended foods in the recommend fashion (if hungry), and know that the cravings will fade with time. It makes sense that particular "favorite" non adherent foods that have become a habitual part of our routine can be difficult to omit; in my own experience it was really a matter of deciding how important those specific things were to me, and why. I think one can often maintain the "experience" you're looking forward to while adjusting the foods with some planning and consideration - just keep doing the best you can. Just to be clear and forthright with everyone: I am not a doctor. I'm just a volunteer who has been successfully practicing this way of eating and pattern of behavior for several years, attaining many of my own health and wellness goals. Jeff likes butter beans the best for his dressing, but any white bean ought to work. The thread for the August group will go live on Monday. Good for you in calibrating your expectations for next weigh-in; keep up your efforts and you may even surprise yourself again!

CindyD - Welcome and congratulations on that achievement of losing 16.4 lbs already! As Jeff noted above, it isn't necessary to buy the book and the MWL program has been updated in the years since the original book was published. To be sure you have a clear understanding of the fundamental principles of this program, be sure to review the MWL Program Guidelines and the MWL 10-Point Checklist; everything one needs to know is covered by those two resources, and they serve as the textbook for this group, and represent the program we follow exclusively within this group. Dry old-fashioned oats (without further cooking) are not recommended for MWL, oatmeal (cooked with water) is an acceptable choice for the starch portion of the meal, but soy milk is not recommended.
JeffN wrote:Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
It sounds like the behaviors you have adopted already include many of the recommended behaviors, so with just a few further adjustments you'll be fully adherent to MWL. :thumbsup:

Renestl - Kudos for this month's results and way to go making this week better than the last! I wouldn't think there would be any problem rotating between those simple meals. I eat very similarly to the way you are describing myself, and I've been doing so for years. The SNAP meals in particular are VERY sufficient with respect to nutrient density, as Jeff outlines in the original template. More generally,
JeffN wrote:By following the [MWL] guidelines, especially starting meals with a soup or salad and the 50/50 guideline, one's diet will be very nutrient dense. In regard to weight, we do not recommend tracking your nutrients. Follow the plan, and the nutrients will be there.
Choose the recommended foods you most enjoy, and eat them in the recommended fashion whenever you are hungry, and you'll do fine. :D

Noella - Very nice loss this week and very nearly 10/10 the whole week! I think learning what NOT to do can be as important as knowing what TO do! You are correct in observing that those small, brief instances of non adherence have a way of accumulating when we let our attention waver. I find that assessing with the MWL 10-Point Checklist as often as possible can be helpful in catching those moments before they become predominate. I wholeheartedly echo your recommendation for Getting Along Without Going Along. Maintain your diligent efforts, work on including some activity each day, and you'll be batting a thousand. :D

GreenGables - Down another pound! Adhering more and more closely each day and week is a useful target; remember the goal we're working toward in this group is to bring our pattern of behavior into adherence with the MWL 10-Point Checklist, so don't give up the search for an adherent dressing that suits your fancy. Have you tried making the "treat" dressing you describe with the nuts completely omitted? Since you're using zucchini as the base, that seems like it could work - or perhaps using just a couple tablespoons of white beans so their contribution isn't too overpowering? It might take some ongoing "experiments," but I'm confident you'll find a formula you like eventually. Of course, soup is always an option. Keep at it! :D

Kathie - Kudos! Keep doing the best you can to make as many of your meals as possible satisfy the guidelines. Soup definitely solves the salad dressing "problem," it is also quite filling and serves admirably in lowering the overall calorie density of a meal, as Jeff discusses in On Salad, Soup, and Success, so well done! When it feels like you are stuffing yourself, what foods are you eating? I'm going to quote Jeff's response to your question about pasta from above, just in case you (or anyone) missed it.
JeffN wrote:Whole grain pasta is allowed on the MWL. Remember to follow the 50/50 with it and load the dish with lots of non-starchy vegetables.

If one is allergic to wheat or gluten, then yes, there can be issues with it. However, the are many whole grain pastas that are wheat and gluten free (ie, Rice Pasta, Buckwheat pasta, etc)

veganvic - I'm glad you are thankful to maintain the weight you've achieved - that's always better than gaining, right? Be patient, keep attending to the recommended behaviors, eliminate those remaining richer foods, and the scale will follow. The principles tell us to eat of the recommended foods whenever hungry, so there isn't a need to eat less (provided you aren't stuffing yourself), but when you eat only include the recommended foods.

SGarcia - It is always pleasing when the scale starts moving in the direction we're after, right? :) Keep aiming to bring your daily habits closer and closer to the pattern of behavior recommended in the MWL 10-Point Checklist and that "something" will keep working.

A reminder for all participants as we head into August, the paramount requirement for this group is to commit to follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss program as defined by the MWL Guidelines and the MWL 10-Point Checklist. We don't expect perfection, because making these changes in behavior is extremely difficult; however, the intent of participation for the group is important - are you willing to make an honest attempt to follow the guidelines as intended, and keep trying to work toward improvements when you are struggling? If so, you are in the right place, no matter what your starting point is, and how much (or little) success you may feel you're having at the moment. Intentionally planning NOT to follow the guidelines, or not attempting to make changes in the appropriate behaviors when needed, however, doesn't serve the individual participant well, nor is it good for the group as a whole. If you feel like you cannot fully commit to the program, or you no longer want to follow the recommendations, you're of course welcome to create a journal to track your efforts in the appropriate forum.
Mark Cooper

Postby MaryE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:13 pm

DOWN 3 LBS THIS WEEK! DIDN'T DO AS WELL ON 1 AND 5 THIS WEEK. HAD SOME AVOCADO AND DIDN'T HAVE SOUP OR SALAD BEFORE MOST OF MY MEALS BUT STUCK TO THE 50/50 PLATE ABOUT 90% OF MY MEALS. I DID COMPLY WITH THE OTHER ITEMS ALL WEEK. DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO MEAL PREP THIS WEEK LIKE I HAD THE PAST WEEKS SO I KNOW I JUST HAVE TO FIND TIME TO DO THAT. STILL FINDING THAT SIMPLE REPETITIVE EATING WORKS BETTER FOR ME. I WAS ABLE TO WALK 2X THIS WEEK, IT'S A START!! CRAZY HOW FAST A MONTH GOES BY :-D
MaryE

Postby laura_delao » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:00 pm

6-30-20: 140.2
7-1-20:140.6
7-3-20: 138.6
7-10-20: 138.0 -0.6
7-17-20 137.6 -0.4
7-24-20 136.2 -1.4
7-31-20 135.6 -0.6

The main problems this week were a couple of meals and no exercise. One breakfast eating out and one dinner still cleaning leftover ingredients from the fridge. I'm going to start working with a personal trainer and see how that goes since this will be a new experience for me. I am extremely pleased with the weight loss results of this month in this group, grateful for all the coaching and information shared. Thank you Mark for your interest in every single one of us and for your patience, answering the same questions over and over. I really appreciate your time and effort. Good luck everyone. Have a great week.
laura_delao

Postby Lachoffman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:50 pm

First week weighing in with O weight loss (or gain). Total weight loss since starting July 4 is 17 pounds (started at 216 and am now at 199). Believe I'm following all ten guidelines but probably need refresher on what are considered starchy vegetables as compared to non-starchy. Great success with walking 30+ minutes every day. The MWL recipes are very easy and quick to make, and taste great (Gazpacho; Broccoli Mushroom Sauce; Sauteed Greens, Broccoli and Zuchini; and Fresca Bean Salad). Ready for a new week.
Lachoffman

Postby AnnetteW » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:18 pm

July 3 - 151
July 10 - 148.8 (down 2.2 lbs)
July 17 - 148.4 (down 0.4 lbs)
July 24 - 147.4 (down 1.0 lbs)
July 31 - 146.0 (down 1.4 lbs)

Officially down 1.4 lbs this week which makes an even 5 lbs for the month. Heck, not too shabby at all. Now to do it again next month. I swear I'm always pulling teeth to get the scale to move.

Thanks, Mark, for all you do, but I've decided to pass on next month. I need to take a break, not from the plan, but from trying too hard, it doesn't do well by me.

I actually loosened up a bit this past week, and it felt good. I've been exercising a lot and quite hungry. MWL is a bit stricter than I want to follow at this time.

But 5 pounds, I am pleased!!!!
AnnetteW

Postby wstokes » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:50 pm

-3.6 lbs
Glad to have a good week. Recovered, losing more than I gained last week...cheat moments down to 2-3 vs 10-12 the previous (unusual) week. I’m about 10-12 lbs from reaching my goal and I suspect the next 12 lbs will take a lot longer than it took to lose the first 12 lbs. It feels great to be this close!
Yes, Abe...Power Zone is a big help (and also fun!).
wstokes

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program