i need help!!!!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

i need help!!!!

Postby uyt456321 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:52 am

i start Maximum Weight Loss at 3/17 and at 3/23 i gain about 1kg. Fortunately, i lose 1.5kg in four days. BUT!!!! i gain 1.2kg in three days. i am sure that what i ate conform what the book says. i am just confused about why did my weight increase so fast??? :( maybe the fluctuate of my weight related to my periods or menses?? (my periods or menses comes at 3/25)
uyt456321

Re: i need help!!!!

Postby frozenveg » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:51 am

Don't worry! What you are describing happens to all of us every day! Really, my weight can fluctuate a kg in half an hour, and some folks have reported that they can weigh up to 10 pounds (4.5 kg) more at night than they do in the morning. And, yes, that "time of month" can definitely cause you to retain water weight.

From what I read in your message, your weight has now gone down--from your initial weight--.3 kg, right? And it's been 2 weeks and 2 days. Not a huge loss, but still a loss. This is the Maximum Weight Loss Plan, not the instant WLP! :-P It's all about time, and adherence to the program.

Here's what I suggest: if weight fluctuations freak you out, make yourself a plan! Weigh yourself once a week, at the same time of day, with the same exact clothes (or none) on, before you eat. Write that down with the date, and forget it the rest of the week. If you want to weight yourself at other times, do it, but don't write that down and don't let it get to you. See how that works for that part of it.

And of you are still struggling, or still have doubts that you are following the program correctly, you can come here and post the list of food you've eaten (and beverages) for a couple of days, and folks with more experience can give you an idea about whether you have got it straight, and whether there is something tripping you up. Which book is it you are taking meals and menus from? The Maximum Weight Loss book? Or another one?
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Katydid » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:08 am

While I already replied to you duplicate post in The Lounge, I want to go a bit further here and ask you to read and take to heart the following post by successful Star McDougaller Uncle Buck. His words of wisdom on the difference between a diet and a lifestyle can be life altering.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educa ... ncle-buck/

Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby uyt456321 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:42 am

thank you !
uyt456321

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program