Wow - success!!! - I'm impressed

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Wow - success!!! - I'm impressed

Postby Dayajina » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:53 am

Hi folks!

I've been a month on the MWLP now and although I didn't get everything right, there are some very positive changes!

1. I'm feeling physically well.
2. My blood pressure went down after ca. 2 weeks on the programme from ~ 160/100 to continously ~ 130/85 (more with a
tendency to get even lower.) Stopped medication immediately. Best results since ~9 years!!! 3 x wow!!!
3. I lost 6,2 kg = 12 pounds!!!
4. My sleep's slightly better, I'm feeling more rested.

After the first hungry days I'm slowly getting used to the programme. But in between I'm still pretty hungry sometimes.
Funny, but working as a cook, I don't have much time to plan my own meals.

So normally I've just thrown some beans or rice or potatoes etc. together with some veg. and out came a kind of stew, eaten with some soy sauce.
Bit boring, but fine for me :).
I think I never got the ratio of 1/1 right.
And there were days where I just didn't want/ had the time to cook for myself, so I just ate some oatmeal all day, without veg- sometimes with a good amount of raw cane sugar!!! (I'm working on that, promised).

Apart from ~ 2h kettlebelltraining per week and an occasional walk I'm not doing much exercises...

Looking forward to see what happens next month.

Dayajina, ordained Buddhist, 51 years old, 196 cm, (now) 240 pound, German, working in Norwich/England.

love to all
DJ
Dayajina

Re: Wow - success!!! - I'm impressed

Postby Melissa88 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

I sometimes make a pot of rice ahead and then pack it in my lunch with some veggies on top (maybe some seasoning or spices or soy sauce). I toss it in the microwave at work.
Melissa88

Postby kate11605 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:46 am

Congratulations! One step at a time! :D
Kate
Ezekiel 4:9., "Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..."
kate11605

Postby RonMcClaaren70 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Good for you! I'm in Day 4 or 5, I believe, and I've lost a pound. So you're doing really great! :nod: I hate to tell you...but it's what happens in the long run, not so much what happens in the short run. I once got my weight down to 150 lbs.; my cholesterol down to 115, and my blood pressure down to 100/65.... Then one day I took a single bite of pizza and my mouth exploded! All the cravings came back, and all the weight came back.

Now I'm starting over and it's not so easy this time. But enjoy the moment. Just don't celebrate! That's all the advice I would give you.

Ron
RonMcClaaren70

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program