Favorite meals?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby hope101 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:58 pm

You could just buy a nice mango chutney, like the one Major Grey makes, but you can make your own. Here is a link to one on Susan V's website that is similar to the one I make.

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/09/easy-apple-pie-wontons-and-peach.html

If you like sauces, I highly recommend the book "Small-Batch Preserving" by Ellie Topp and Margaret Howard. I am no domestic diva but I made 4 different types of sauces last year and really enjoyed them. So much cheaper too than buying.
hope101

Postby Poppy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:14 pm

Thanks Hope, I'll get some tomorrow :-D
Poppy

Started

Postby MadcityVegan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:59 pm

So today is your first day! How did it go? I started Feb 19th and I am down 14.5lbs! Good Luck.
MadcityVegan

Postby happyalyssa » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Things are going good so far for me ;) Seems like I'm cooking more often since I can't just grab something quick (tomato sandwich for example!) but that also could be due in part to the fact that I burned the pot of beans on the stove today and had to cook something else instead! :P

Hoping to have good luck like the rest of you though, I'm losing a little slower than I initially hoped so hoping this will "kick it up a notch" hehe.
Start date: January 1, 2007
23 lbs lost...32 to go!
happyalyssa

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program