How long did it take you to get 100% compliant and...

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

How long did it take you to get 100% compliant and...

Postby VeganMom » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:15 pm

...what is the longest you've lasted?

I did okay for about a month before I crashed and burned. Now ready to take the plunge again. No hard feelings, just stumped by my stop-go experience.

How are you doing?

PS - tomorrow is St Pat's Day....ah, bad day to start again? :-D
~ Lisa

VeganMom

Re: How long did it take you to get 100% compliant and...

Postby MaryW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:17 pm

I have to admit, I'm not very compliant. I have pasta about once a week. About once a month I buy a jar of peanut butter and eat it over the course of a week or two. (I finished a jar last week and I'm telling myself that I DON'T need to buy anymore!!) I use whole wheat pasta, Ezekial bread and all natural peanut butter, but these are still not MWL complaint items. (And the peanut butter is not McDougall at all!) And OK OK, a bag of Kettle Chips jumps into my cart now and then. But this is happening less and less frequently, I am happy to report.

If I was stricter with my eating, I'm sure I would lose more weight. But I'm sticking with the plan long term. If the occasional detour from the plan helps me stick with it for years to come, then I am OK with that. I first tried this plan back in 2003. I was very strict for 2 months and lost 25 pounds. Then I gave up completely and gained the weight back plus some. This time, I have stuck with it for almost 15 months. Woo hoo! I'm losing slowly and steadily. And I weigh less now than I have for almost 20 years. So all in all, I'm pretty happy with things.
MaryW

Postby VeganMom » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:33 pm

What to go, Mary!

You said:

And OK OK, a bag of Kettle Chips jumps into my cart now and then. But this is happening less and less frequently, I am happy to report.

Yes, I am noticing that, too. I fall, but I fall differently each time, so that is progress!

If I was stricter with my eating, I'm sure I would lose more weight. But I'm sticking with the plan long term.

This is my mindset...thanks for sharing. You inspired me!
~ Lisa

VeganMom

Postby Vegankit » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:39 pm

I found it only took me about a month to clean up my act - and part of that was learning what was actually on the MWL diet and what wasn't. Both DH and I had a problem with cashews so we just had to stop buying them. I think because I was determined to be 100% compliant right from the start that maybe it was easier for me? I don't know but I lost all craving for SAD food. Nuts are still a potential problem so I just don't eat them or have them in the house.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby VeganMom » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Very true.

I think I am learning that lesson myself. The kids are locusts and will eat whatever I buy without too much fuss, so there's no reason to buy what I don't want to eat anyway.

Good points.
~ Lisa

VeganMom

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program