Weekly progress report....

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Weekly progress report....

Postby splat » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:43 pm

I finally had my physical for my CDL license on Wednesday. My BP= 132/75. That is good enough for the state of Indiana, but not for my Dr. He says if my bp doesn't go down on my next visit, he will put me on diuretics. I think it's time for me to get a different Dr. He claims too many people are dropping dead from strokes with 120/80 blood pressures. He says the new norm is 110/70. I don't think I can ever get that low without drugs. He also took a blood test. The nurse stuck me in both arms and couldn't find a vein. The Dr. finally had to do it in my hand. Dr. told me if I didn't hear from him in two weeks, the blood test went well.
I lost one pound this week. I've been having strange sensations in my stomach this week. It is a warm, sometimes hot sensation in my stomach that usually happens two hours after a meal and doesn't go away until I eat again. I don't perceive it as hunger, but it does go away if I eat. Perhaps this is how vegetarians perceive hunger? It is certainly a different sensation than what I would call hunger.
I am also down to about 6 hours of sleep a night. I can force myself to go back to sleep, but I really don't feel tired. I also find I'm waking up at least twice in the middle of the night. Last night, I fell asleep at nine, woke at twelve, then two, then three and couldn't fall asleep. This has been fairly typical the last 5 weeks. I feel well rested, so I guess it's really not a big deal. Before MWL, I would sleep eight to nine hours or more if I could get it uninterrupted.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSs0DrN/]
[/url]
splat

Re: Weekly progress report....

Postby Katydid » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:58 am

Sounds like what Dr. Fuhrman calls toxic hunger. What you are experiencing is an empty stomach. Most people associate this with hunger, but its not true hunger. True hunger is when your liver runs out of glycogen to feed the brain and muscles and signals the brain its time to eat. Having an empty stomach is actually a good thing, as it allows the body to focus on other things besides digestion.
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program