My Nasty Secret

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Nasty Secret

Postby jmgoforth » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:15 am

I have done McDougall for years but never 100%. I always cheatied :oops: using pam,egg white, spray butter etc. But i honestly have 2 weeks of 100%honest vegan. I have the support of my doctor for the first time.

My doctor said I made to make a decision and do it. I walked out of her office weighing more that I ever had. So I have tons of reasons to stay on this for the rest of my life.
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Re: My Nasty Secret

Postby Love the Lorax » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:21 am

You are definitely not the only one to have a health issue staring them in the face to force a change in eating. ME TOO!!! It is depressing to see what we have done to ourselves, but just amazing to see how our bodies can recover if we feed them well. Will you be taking part in our weekly weigh-ins?

jmgoforth wrote:I have done McDougall for years but never 100%. I always cheatied :oops: using pam,egg white, spray butter etc. But i honestly have 2 weeks of 100%honest vegan. I have the support of my doctor for the first time.

My doctor said I made to make a decision and do it. I walked out of her office weighing more that I ever had. So I have tons of reasons to stay on this for the rest of my life.
Love the Lorax

Postby jmgoforth » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:33 am

Im have lost just can't tell how much because I weigh more than the scales go up. But my sugar dropped 10 pt. For this I'm very thankful for and express it to my Heavely Father.To be honest I was doing vegetarian and then going back to eating meat trying a new diet. I was a meat addict! :eek:
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:49 am

health is one of the most motivating factors. I'd say you really need to get serious and honest with yourself.

Remember it's all your choice. I am sure nobody is tying you up and sticking meats, pam etc. down your throat. You can do it if you want to.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby catmatt » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:36 pm

I have developed some health issues too, sleep apnea, fatty liver disease and high cholesterol and triglycerides. I feel like this diet is my last chance at being healthy because I have tried countless others and failed.

I have a question. Why are you not supposed to use Pam?

Cathy
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxcykMX/]
[/url]
catmatt

Postby catmatt » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Thanks Deb

That makes sense

Cathy

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTgYrRX/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxcykMX/]
[/url]
catmatt

Postby jmgoforth » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Cathy any time you need support don't go it alone-Drop me a note. I believe support is so important.
jmgoforth

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:29 pm

I'm glad to see you back here again, I had been wondering how you were doing.

I heard something amazing this past week that put this all so clearly. This person can't get off the couch without help, can't stand from a sitting position without help, can't get into bed (so sleeps on the couch) and can't walk far. All because of extreme weight and bad knees, problems with back pain and bladder cancer. This person stated "I'd rather die than not eat the food I like."

I replied, it's not the dying that scares me, it's the part in between.

But, isn't that amazing? Food is such powerful medicine.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby jmgoforth » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Like I said I have been doing McDougall 1/2 heartedly. Now I'm a 100%. My Doctor told me I can't go on this diet for a couple of weeks another diet for a couple of weeks. And then throw in no diet for a month:just meat. I am addicted to meat. I do feel so much better after only 2 weeks. My sugar is down and my weight is down.
jmgoforth

Postby jmgoforth » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 pm

I have gone up and copied TickerFactory.com but don't know what to do after that?
jmgoforth

Postby Kime » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:43 pm

I have gone up and copied TickerFactory.com but don't know what to do after that?

Click on the user control panel at the right near the top of the page. Click on profile- then on edit signature and you will see where to paste it.
Kime

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program