day 2 on mm

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

day 2 on mm

Postby KSEmily » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:55 pm

just posting my food for today

b brown rice with banana
l white rice with veggies
d basmati rice with cauliflower curry

must admit i started my curry with 1 teaspoon coconut oil in the wok...and added one can coconut water which has no fat and 60 calories per can. Anyone else use coconut water?

I don't think I needed so much oil even tho i thought it a small amount, a little goes a long way.

curry turned out very yummy.
KSEmily

Re: day 2 on mm

Postby KSEmily » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:04 pm

Hello Debbie and thanks....yes, I have several of DrMcD's books and have been a fan of his for years.....have gone on the plan several times but never really stuck with it. I'm currently pregnant and wanting to at least maintain my weight now or maybe lose some...I definatley don't need to gain any more.
KSEmily

Postby KSEmily » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:06 pm

can you dry fry onions??
KSEmily

Postby KSEmily » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Debbie,

Thanks for the msg, no worries:) Very interesting about the onions, I will try the oven, that sounds really good. What do you sprinkle them with first? Tablespoon of what?

I've done pretty good today I think.

I ate the rest of my rice and curry for lunch, skipped breakfast unfortunatley.....got too late and then it was soon time for lunch.

apple
black beans, corn tortillas, brown rice, tomatoes and chilis with yummy salsa for dinner.

tortillas prob aren't mwl or mm.

So, three kids under 5?? I hope that's me in a couple years. I want to have one more after this baby, which is a boy. My husband would quit after two I think at this point, especially cuz we'll have a boy and a girl, BUT I'm hoping he'll really want another baby down the road. I'd love for my little girl to have a sister. I am an only child.

thanks so much!!!
KSEmily

Postby CarolSoprano » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Emily, I've been dry-frying onions for about a month now and it's not a problem. If you heat a non-stick (or even a regular) frying pan on medium heat and then put your onions in and keep sauteing, they will get nice and soft and brown. When they start to stick you can add a teeny bit of water or veggie broth to deglaze the pan, which will help them to brown. If you're sauteing garlic, add that when the onions are almost all done or else the garlic will burn. There's a video that I watched a few weeks ago that explained the dry sauteing process very well:

http://www.wellnessforumfoods.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to watch Chef Del's technique.

Corn tortillas aren't MWL but they are McDougall-friendly as long as they don't have oil in them.

Cheers! :)
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

Since February 15, 2010...
CarolSoprano

Postby CarolSoprano » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Oh, yippee!!! I'm so glad - I love my sweet potato and black bean burritos and I was feeling a little "guilty" being off plan. Now I don't have to worry! Thanks, Deb! :)
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

Since February 15, 2010...
CarolSoprano

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program