Anyone getting ready to do a Mary Mini? I am going to start

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Anyone getting ready to do a Mary Mini? I am going to start

Postby Lindsay » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:08 pm

tommorow for a 7-10 day round...I am using potatoes for my starch..

While I need to loose weight(actually alot of weight :oops: ) I am more interested in seeing my blood pressure drop and stay normalized so I don't end up on meds like my dad...I am a jumper..Not a good thing and it is getting worse..I also have PCOS and am taking glucophage for that(although my insulin levels check out fine every time she feels I am probably on the edge of the dropoff before showing up)..Can't argue cause I feel so much better on it than off...I want to see my jeans getting looser...I really don't plan on weighing until I go for my yearly checkup in June..Then I will find out everything like lipid,sugar ,weight ect...vs last year...But knowing my clothes are looser and getting looser will be enough for me..And of course keeping track of my blood pressure readings weekly is a big one for me...

I have a 2 1/2 year old granddaughter I am raising..I am going to be 39 this summer..I feel like I am 80...I want to be able to run and play with her at the park...I want to live to see her grow up and have her own family some day...I have McDougalled before years ago and felt so good...I want to feel like that again...

Here is to tommorow for me :)

Lindsay
Lindsay xx
Lindsay

Re: Anyone getting ready to do a Mary Mini? I am going to start

Postby Lindsay » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks... :)

The reason I want to stay away from the scale at first is because I get so discouraged if I dont loose anything..And usually the first few weeks I don't..But I do start dropping inches pretty fast..So I get more out of watching my pants getting looser in the beginning than weight loss..But I will cheer you guys on.. :-P

I have a couple questions on a few ingredients I want to use..

I plan on making two pots of soups tommorow to eat for lunch and dinner with a salad and potatoes on a rotating basis..ex...for lunch one day I will have soup and salad then potatoes with gravy,salad and fruit for supper...But I am a variety girl..Or I get bored..That is when I stray :( So I want to avoid that this time around..

I am going to make a vegetable soup..are these ingredients all okay for a mary mini???

cabbage
onions
green peppers
diced tomatos(canned)
celery
carrots(canned)
onion soup mix(fat free)
French green beans(canned)

And a Potato soup..

Veg broth
onion
garlic
Potatoes
carrots
celery
zucchini

And can we have any fruit as long as it is a whole fruit(not sweetened ect..) and only 2x's a day?

Is any vegetable okay...corn on cob? ect..

Are we allowed to drink anything besides water? Not that just water is a problem for me..I love ice water and mostly drink that exclusively anyways..

Thanks..I am working on my menu and shopping list for tommorow am so I can do this right the first time...sorry about so many questions..Probably will have more though...Off to check out some more recipes..Thanks again..
Lindsay xx
Lindsay

Postby Lindsay » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:25 am

Thank you for those links!!!!

I understand the concept now..I am redoing my menu..Thank you for that because I want to get maximum benifits out of my time on the MM...That is why I am doing it..Todays menu will be vastly different than what I had originally planned...

B...Hashbrowns with ketchup ,cantelope and honeydew slices...

L...Mashed potatoes with ff onion gravy,brussel sprouts and sliced tomatoes.

S...Boiled Potaotes with ff onion gravy,salad with cubed cucumbers and cherry tomatos..ff dressing(if I can find/make one),French green beans.

Snack...Fruit salad bowl..

Off to do the shopping...Thanks again :-D
Lindsay xx
Lindsay

Postby KSEmily » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:37 am

I think I will join you and start a MM tomorrow also. I will choose rice as my starch. 7-10 days, huh? I haven't been McDougalling for a long time and have been wanting to get back to it, so this is a great way/time to start.

Thanks!
KSEmily

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program