I broke through!!!!!!!!!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I broke through!!!!!!!!!

Postby Attom » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:46 am

I broke through the barrier! What barrier? The dreaded 245 lb barrier. Many a diet I have done in the past and was unable to break through the 245 barrier! I lost hope. I gave up and ate SADly again. Now on McDougall, I made it through and broke through that barrier down to 243. This plan is so AWESOME!!! This is a tremendous psychological achievement for me. And with the help of all of you, life is good! Thank you so much for all of your support. I hope I can reciprocate!

--Adam
Attom

Re: I broke through!!!!!!!!!

Postby MTeehan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:49 am

Attom wrote:I broke through the barrier! What barrier? The dreaded 245 lb barrier. Many a diet I have done in the past and was unable to break through the 245 barrier! I lost hope. I gave up and ate SADly again. Now on McDougall, I made it through and broke through that barrier down to 243. This plan is so AWESOME!!! This is a tremendous psychological achievement for me. And with the help of all of you, life is good! Thank you so much for all of your support. I hope I can reciprocate!

--Adam

YES!!!!!!!!! You are on your way!!!! HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
See how Dr. McDougall's Plan saved my life and gave me an optimistic outlook on my future here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4V2Zo3xEIw

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Qs2zt/]
MTeehan

Postby Love the Lorax » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:25 pm

YEAH FOR YOU!! Amazing how those numbers can be such a boost to our self-esteem. Just think how great you will feel as you hit more of those "unattainable" milestones! :D :D :D :D
Love the Lorax

Postby hellostephanie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Yay! Good for you! :-D

I have my own barrier I'm trying to break past. Just five more pounds!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHM2Z1V/]
[/url]
hellostephanie

Postby VeganMom » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Doing the happy dance for you!
~ Lisa

VeganMom

Postby Gweithgar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:29 am

Awesome!! :D Congratulations, and thank you for sharing, too. It's motivtional.
Cet animal est tres mechant; quand on l'attaque, il se defend
(This animal is very wicked; if attacked it defends itself)
Gweithgar

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 pm

I love getting over humps like that. Heck you got over it, and two steps away from it. Way to go. I know it had to make your week. Good accomplishments like this carry me for the week.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Wendy Jane » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:43 am

I have come to the conclusion that we all have barriers. I am only five feet tall. My first barrier was 150. (I started McDougalling at 156.) Well, when I went below 150 that was a time for rejoicing.

My next barrier seemed to be 140. I stayed there for the longest time. Well, I found that watching my bread and pasta intake did it. I love good whole wheat bread and pasta. So doing without them for a while did the trick. Currently, I am between 135 and 130, and I feel great.

My husband's barrier seemed to be 200. He is now at 190 and that is another barrier for him. He wants to get back down to 175-180. He weighed that much when we got married and wants to get there again. I suggested he start moving and watch his bread. (He loves whole wheat toast and has a job where he sits most of the time.) I expect to see results shortly.

Congratulation on your breakthrough! What an accomplishment!!!
Wendy Jane

Postby Vegankit » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 am

Congratulations - nothing feels so good as making progress. I hope you take some time to celebrate in a way that doesn't involve food. Getting past that boundary is very powerful.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby TwinB » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Congratulations Adam, keep up the good work.

Wendy, if your hubby wants to see 175 sooner rather than much, much later, I'd suggest he dump the toast and substitute something else. In a couple of days he'll lose his taste for it and he'll make quicker progress toward his goal.
TwinB

Postby CarolSoprano » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Congrats, Adam!! You're doing so well. Way to go! :-D
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

Since February 15, 2010...
CarolSoprano

Postby Wendy Jane » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Twin B: thanks for the suggestion for my hubby. You're right, whole wheat toast tastes great, but it sure keeps the pounds on! I used to love my bread, but I have watched carefully how much of it I eat now, and it has made a difference.

What my hubby needs is something easy he can snack on especially in the evening. We are big and I mean big popcorn eaters, and have a hot air machine. But I haven't found anything to put on it that is satisfying. I tried nutritional yeast once, but the flakes kept falling to the bottom of the bowl. And it wasn't quite what we were looking for. We can get excellent organic white popcorn (our favorite is white) at the local health food store. But if we could something good on it, that would really help. Anyone with any suggestions?
Wendy Jane

Postby Gweithgar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 am

I've been using different flavors of fat-free salad spritzers on popcorn. I squirt it over the popcorn as it comes out of the air popper into the bowl. I was afraid it would make the popcorn soggy, but it seems to work fine. And if you then want to sprinkel herbs or whatever, it sticks better. I'm also thinking about getting a food-grade spray bottle so I can mist the popcorn with things like soy sauce or flavored vinegars.
Cet animal est tres mechant; quand on l'attaque, il se defend
(This animal is very wicked; if attacked it defends itself)
Gweithgar

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:32 pm

That's what I heard also. Braggs and nutritional yeast is suppose to be good. You can also mist with water lightly and then sprinkle your herbs. I like old bay seasoning.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program