My cough is gone!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My cough is gone!

Postby Mommylut » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Since Thanksgiving, I have had a really, really awful cough. It has been driving everyone crazy in that once I start coughing I can't start. I had a chest xray and was told I had an inflamation of the lung and was given steroids for 5 days. It worked for a short while and then it started again. This time, I was given antibiotics and 5 days of steroids. The whole time, I was eating my SAD diet. Well, i changed over to McDougall 8 days ago, and I suddenly realized my cough is gone! It has made a believer of my husband who sees the difference in me. I am so grateful for this unexpected benefit.
Mommylut

Re: My cough is gone!

Postby CarolSoprano » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:01 am

That's so wonderful! Isn't is amazing that our bodies can heal themselves if we just give them the right stuff? Congrats! :)
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

Since February 15, 2010...
CarolSoprano

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:44 pm

cool - I thought you were going to say the cough was from reflux. My boss went through all kinds of tests for this cough and that is finally what they found.

I'm glad yours went away.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby kirstykay » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 am

Great news!! I'm happy for you! I love stories like that! Keep up the good work!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program