Great first week!!!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Great first week!!!

Postby CarolSoprano » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:31 pm

This is Day 7 on Mary's Mini and as of this morning I've lost 4 lbs.! I'm amazed at how effortless this way of eating is. As long as I stay away from meat, cheese, dairy and oil, I can eat what I want and as much as I want, and the lbs. are melting off! I have honestly not been hungry or felt deprived at all - when I'm hungry, I eat. It's that simple. My portions are hearty to say the least, and I'm very much enjoying finding new ways to cook potatoes! I feel cleaner, too - only pure, whole, healthy plant foods are going into my body.

I'm sleeping better, much more soundly, and wake up rested and ready to go (and anybody that knows me knows that I am NOT a morning person lol!) My left arm pain is diminishing, my energy level and alertness are consistently high, and my moods are much more stable and even. I am even coping with stress a little better. Wow!

I plan on doing Mary's mini for another week and then switch to the MWL program on March 1, which will be my eating plan for the long haul. :nod:
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

Since February 15, 2010...
CarolSoprano

Re: Great first week!!!

Postby Mommylut » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:26 pm

How great for you, Just the encouragement I need! I am at my daughter's working from here on G'ma duty. Brought all my food with me so I know I am serious. My stomach turned so sour from the protein that I can't wait until it all goes through me and I feel better.

Good luck and keep sharing.
Mommylut

Postby CarolSoprano » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Mommy, thanks so much! I've actually been vegan since October 2009, but was still using oils and lots of refined foods and "fake" meat products. I honestly cannot believe how good I feel just eating potatoes and veggies (and 2 fruits a day). It's really astonishing. I thought I'd feel good just going vegan, and I did (although absolutely no weight loss), but cutting out the oils and refined/processed foods makes a HUGE difference!

We did "grandma" duty this weekend as well - aren't grandkids the absolute best?? :nod:

Hugs
Carol
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

CarolSoprano

Postby brandi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:06 pm

That is awesome.. I am on day six and the pounds are falling off. I hope they stay off. MY favorite potato is the shreeded kind from Ida. I was a major fastfood eater, so i think my body is wondering what the heck is going on....
brandi

Postby Suebcallahan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:36 pm

My first weigh in and I was down 8 pounds! Ok I know more than half was due to fluid retention from a weekend away the week before starting the program. I am figuring 4 pounds fat. My fasting BS is up but I am hoping this is only temporary. Can't wait to see where this new lifestyle takes me. :D

Sueb
Sue-in-Seattle

Suebcallahan

Postby CarolSoprano » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Wow, Sueb, that is remarkable! How wonderful - even if half of it is fluid it's still pretty impressive! Congrats and let's keep up the good work! :)

CarolSoprano

Postby Suebcallahan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks, I will keep at it. The best part is my blood sugar reading finally came down. It was 113 this morning! Have a great week everyone.
Sueb
Sue-in-Seattle

Suebcallahan

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Carol
Glad you are noticing the other happy and positive changes too. Those are what sustains us in the long haul. The weight loss is nice though :-D
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program