Foods that "stick with you"...

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Foods that "stick with you"...

Postby splat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

I discovered after a few weeks what foods stick with me and which one's don't. I tend to make large quantities at night and eat it the next day. Red Mill 10 grain cereal really sticks with me and 9 cooked cups of it will leave me satisfied till bedtime. For some reason, potatoes just don't stick. I usually eat 12 Yukon Gold's for the day and by evening, around seven, I feel hungry and usually get up in the middle of the night ravished and have to eat something, usually a bowl of rice, another potato, or piece of fruit to tame the growling. What foods stick with you? Which ones don't? For lunch today, I had 3 cups of brown rice/vegetable mix and a whole bag of microwave sweet corn. I had an orange and carrot for a snack. I'm feeling good; not hungry at all.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSs0DrN/]
[/url]
splat

Re: Foods that "stick with you"...

Postby Potatohead » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Rice does not stick with me, neither does cereal or oatmeal....Potatoes will fill me up for a few hours, pasta also fills me up
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby MaryW » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:20 pm

I know everyone is different. Rice works well for my mom. Potatoes work well for me. I buy bags of jumbo potatoes. One large one (with sauce and or veggies) will keep me full for hours. But I could eat rice and eat rice and never feel satisfied. Beans also work well for me, especially combined with corn. I also find polenta (ground corn) very filling. I love to eat it with spinach for breakfast.
MaryW

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:52 am

whatever I eat I have to have a lot of veggies with it. Pasta, mashed taters, hashbrowns do not stick with me. Bakers with a lot veggies do ok, but I do best with rice and veggies.

Breakfast nothing seems to stick with me. I eat all morning until my lunch salad and then I'm fine until 8pm.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program