400 Days!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

400 Days!

Postby MTeehan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 am

I spent YEARS bouncing between 300 and (around) 225. I KNEW McD had the answer. Last year on 1.1.2009 I finally decided to just DO McDougall for the rest of my life. I threw away every diet book I had except McDougall's and today is the 400th consecutive day of living the McDougall lifestyle without reservation and I just wanted to thank him on this forum for the new life he has given me. Today I weigh 146 pounds and , on my life, I am never hungry and am in the absolute best health I've ever been in. The only advice I ever offer is to: Just DO McDougall! Don't count calories or do it 'with Weight Watcher's'. When you are hungry.... EAT!!!! Just eat from the approved list. Dr. McDougall is a gift to us. Who else offers his program for free? Of course I do buy his books and I downloaded all his e-lectures to my MP3 and listen to them over and over again, each time learning something new! BUT anyone can learn the WHOLE program right here on the site for free. EVEN HIS NEWSLETTER and all the great recipes are FREE! Without question this guy is so charismatic that he could make a gazillion dollars if he SOLD a pill or 'allowed' people to eat the crap they want like Atkins or Sears. But I know he'll never sacrifice his principles for a buck. Thanks Doctor John!!!!
See how Dr. McDougall's Plan saved my life and gave me an optimistic outlook on my future here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4V2Zo3xEIw

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Qs2zt/]
MTeehan

Re: 400 Days!

Postby Chumly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Congratulations on the great success you've had!
Chumly

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:38 pm

You are so right. All it takes is committment to the program. He has it all worked out. Way to go. I bet you do feel so much better.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby MasserLMC » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 pm

I tell people how I eat & they think it is so severe. The food is GOOD. I am not hungry & I feel good.
Congrats on your new life. Keep going. :-D
[/url]
lSmall Things With Great Love
MasserLMC

Postby janluvs2heel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Wow, congratulations MT. 400 days, that is so inspiring.

I am so happy that you wrote this, for me, after being frustrated, I get started, feeling better, I end up going off plan, usually with sweets. So that is what I have done, do the plan the way it is written. I am nowhere near 400 days but for me, 15 days is an accomplishment. And I feel great. I have no cravings either, I am eating 3 meals a day. Today we had a staff meeting at work, I checked out the menu yesterday (we always do take out) & decided to bring my own lunch. I made a large green salad, brought brown rice, a bag of the steamable veggies, poured the veggies & rice over the salad, mixed it up. It was really pretty & it looked way better than the SAD salads everyone else was eating. For "dessert" I had an apple.

I am looking forward to reporting on my 1st 30 days.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby desertwind56 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Great job! :D I love Dr. McD's plan. Yummy healthy food, never go hungry. What more could one want? :D

Connie
desertwind56

Postby JessNZ » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Wonderful! I think it's so cool that, not only is it super healthy, but the food is so good that people pay lots of money to go on cruises with the McDs to get fed this way...

It would be even cooler if I could afford to go on a cruise! :-P
JessNZ

Postby MTeehan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:35 am

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!
These boards have always been an important part of my journey. I check them daily and find hope and encouragement in all of you.

JessNZ: Me Too! I've been trying to save all the money McDougall saves me on food so I can go to Costa Rica with them next year.
See how Dr. McDougall's Plan saved my life and gave me an optimistic outlook on my future here:

MTeehan

Postby CarolSoprano » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Wow - congrats, MT, on your amazing success! What a wonderful testimony and an inspiration to all of us, especially those of us just starting McDougall or finally committing to 100%. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

Since February 15, 2010...
CarolSoprano

Postby MTeehan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:09 pm

CarolSoprano wrote:Wow - congrats, MT, on your amazing success! What a wonderful testimony and an inspiration to all of us, especially those of us just starting McDougall or finally committing to 100%. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Thanks Carol! In your kind response you unveiled the 'secret' key to McDougalling: Committing to 100%! There is NO way to fail if you do this. The science shows it, the LONG term sucess rates show it, AND the 'before and after photo's show it. I'm wishing you Happy McDougalling!!!

MTeehan

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program