MWL FEB 2010!! On plan and planning to stay that way!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: MWL FEB 2010!! On plan and planning to stay that way!

Postby Love the Lorax » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:41 pm

Deep breath..... I'm ready! I've spent the last two weeks getting back to McD'ing. I had to wean off of Coke a cola, try a couple new recipes and try out my new rice cooker. Thing is, don't ask how long it was in the box, unopened, waiting for me to get myself moving. I'd get depressed every time I saw it collecting dust and taunting me with my previous good intentions :oops: . But now I have used it! Ta da!!! LOL! Yep, I'm in a bit of a slap happy mood....
Love the Lorax

Postby deelightful » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:07 am

160 pounds!? We lost an adult human worth of weight!

That's great :)
Mediocrity is no longer okay.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyE8bpS/]
[/url]
deelightful

Postby Dechen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:56 am

We lost a whole person. How about we make sure another one gets lost this month. :D

I am doing my math here 160 lard birds = 1 adult human
How many for a baby elephant? :P
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby Darleha » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:28 am

I'm joining! My starting weight when I weighed in on Friday was 242. I had lost 6 pounds doing the Kathy Freston Quantum Wellness cleanse, but then gained 3 back, and I wasn't eating very healthfully (tortilla chips are vegan--need I say more???). In any event, I'm excited about doing McDougall and getting to know all of you!

Darlene
Darleha

Postby Dechen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:18 am

Darleha wrote:I'm joining! My starting weight when I weighed in on Friday was 242. I had lost 6 pounds doing the Kathy Freston Quantum Wellness cleanse, but then gained 3 back, and I wasn't eating very healthfully (tortilla chips are vegan--need I say more???). In any event, I'm excited about doing McDougall and getting to know all of you!

Darlene

O THOSE vegan foods. lol Welcome! I hope you enjoy the McDing as much as I am.

What makes me giggle is when people do not believe that I could possibly be eating a vegan diet...
And I quote," ...but you are not skinny."

Have they never heard of chocolate and potato chips and fries and...and...and...

Enjoy this thread, its people and McDing!!! :D
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby MaryW » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:33 am

I had an interesting weekend. Saturday I made a big pot of vegetable soup, which I ate on all day. Sunday I finished up the soup. Then I decided to make some rice pudding. I was inspired by an episode of America's Test Kitchen. Instead of eating some and putting it away, I ate THAT all day. Not good. Not the worst thing in the world to do, but still not good from a losing weight stand point. I need to decide what to eat today. I think I'll make another pot of soup.
MaryW

Postby vickidau » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 am

(edit)
Last edited by vickidau on Wed May 12, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vickidau

Postby NatureRabbi » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:14 am

Okay -- now I am on the right thread -- I posted in January this morning.

My goal for Feb was 10 Lard Birds until I put it on the calendar and saw that it was a short month. I am in for a goal of 8 but will also visualize those other two Lard Birds flying away.

Still stuck between loose trousers of on size and tight of the next. I will wear a belt with the biggies until I can transition to the next smallest size.

I am on plan and excited to stay that way.

ps. the veggie burgers from Morning Star that I have been enjoying, are not vegan. They have some milk and egg tucked in with a lot of chemicals I don't recognize -- so veggie burgers, Good Bye!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2hFRfm/]
[/url]

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN AND HEALTHY FEELS.
NatureRabbi

Postby slugmom » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:54 am

I'm back on track as of yesterday afternoon. I've been floundering mostly off plan for months and months.

I have to *re-lose* about 20 lbs to get back to where I was, but I know I can do it if I just stay on the plan.

So on Thursday I'll post weight lost since last Thursday (Thursday's when we post, right?) and I'll go from there. I guess I should maybe adjust my ticker for an accurate start weight :( I hate adjusting my ticker UP instead of down.
- Kim

slugmom

Postby McDetermined » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 pm

:-o WOW! Last month's total for the group was incredible! Congratulations to everyone!

Also, thank you to all who posted rice recommendations. I'm still going through the last of my potatoes, but will commence rice shortly. I must say, I have become rather passionate about potatoes and am reluctant to start a Mary's Mini with rice. I think it will help me find a million and one ways to eat rice, though -- just like two weeks straight gave me a new appreciation for the spud.

I am on plan (even with two restaurant visits since Friday) and will try to incorporate more cardio exercise into my routine this week.

I find that having a big vat of vegatable soup at my disposal is a great way to curb hunger before a meal and even in between. I have also enjoyed the fat-free refried beans mixed with hot pepper sauce and spread on celery.

NatureRabbi: I'm pretty sure that original Boca Burgers are vegan.

Two pounds a week sounds like an attainable goal -- I'm in!
McDetermined

Postby Vegeloon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm back again too after taking most of December and January off plan. (I meant to get back on January 1st - but somehow that didn't happen)
I weighed myself this morning and am now officially at my highest weight ever. So - I'm back. I listened to my affirmation cd on healthy eating this morning. I have my food planned for the day and I'm ready to take the bull (or veggies) by the horn and get to it. Times been a-wasting too much already. This is my year to get healthy and I've already wasted a month!
What would Mc Dougall do?
Vegeloon

Postby liam13 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:15 pm

I'm in. Weight today was 245. Feeling exhausted but will hit the gym after work again as I've been increasing the exercise (elliptical or treadmill) alot this last week. Liam :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/][img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-man2/lb/245/185/250/.png[/img][/url]
liam13

Postby McDetermined » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Vibrant:

Restaurant 1 was Perkins, a chain type of diner known for big breakfasts. This place is so SAD it's sad, literally. EVERYTHING comes fried and/or with cheese on it :eek: . Baked potatoes were not available until 4 p.m. I was there for lunch and ordered a bowl of oatmeal (made with water) and a side salad (which came with cheese on it but I took it off). It wasn't ideal, but it was on plan.

Restaurant 2 was a seafood place called Blue2 "O." I ordered last and quietly told the waiter about my requirements, requesting a a salad without cheese or dressing, plain baked potato, and the chef's choice of vegetables, steamed (no butter or oil added). The VERY accommodating waiter asked if I could eat beans, and I said "sure." I was delighted by the gorgeous salad and incredible aray of steamed vegetables tossed with garbanzo beans and edamame that accompanied the baked potato. I tipped the waiter well and I will definitely eat there again!

I love the crunch of celery filled with FF refried beans that have been mixed with a squirt of sriracha hot chili sauce! My non-McDougall family loves it now, too!

Best of luck to you, esp. in restaurants. What methods/places have you found to be successful when eating out?

-Lisa R.
McDetermined

Postby RiceGirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Considering that I haven't lost any weight at all in three weeks, a goal of 8 Lard Birds seems fantastic. But it's good to have a goal, so OK, count me in, too.

DJ

DJ
Height 5'9"

Things are more like they are now than they've ever been - The Elephant Hill School of Economics
RiceGirl

Postby MaryW » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:44 pm

Something wonderful happened to me today. i was running some errands in the car. I looked down at my wrist. My watch had slid around so that the face was toward the window! Why is this big news? because wrist watches have always been as tight as rubber bands on me. To have a "loose" watch band is a completely new experience! This is a "larger size" watch band. It has an extra link that you can snap in or out. It was fairly snug when I bought it a few months ago. i can't wait until I can take that extra link out and wear it comfortably. And I can't wait until the smaller band gets loose! :-D

Refried beans on celery sounds AWESOME! I never would have thought of that. And speaking of beans, I've been looking for vegan taco seasoning to make Debbie's tacoless taco salad. I didn't realize how many seasoning packets have MILK (whey) in them! ICK! I finally found some today. I got 2 different brands to see which one I like better. I also got some salsa seasoning, which you add to chopped tomatoes to make fresh salsa. I thought that sounded good. I'll be adding it to canned tomatoes right now, but in the summer, I bet it's really good.

I picked up a diet magazine at the grocery store. There is an article about the Live Healthy America 100 day challenge. It reminded me of our 100 day MWL challenge last year. Needless to say, I didn't do very well at it! But this article was about a nationwide program that sounded pretty interesting. One woman lost 120 pounds! I couldn't believe she did it in 100 hundred days. How can you lose more than a pound a day? Well, they do it on the Biggest Loser, but that is hardly a normal situation. Anyway, just thought I'd share. It's a bit late to start this year, but might be something fun to do for next year.
http://www.livehealthyamerica.org/default.aspx
MaryW

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program