what starches did you pick for Mary's Mini

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

what starches did you pick for Mary's Mini

Postby kimba » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:02 pm

I plan on doing this in January. I was reading about the mini program, and she says you can use more than one. Im thinking that is what I will do.

Have you stuck only with one starch the whole 10 days or did you mix it up, to stay with the plan?

kimba
kimba

Re: what starches did you pick for Mary's Mini

Postby Letha.. » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi Kimba,
I think that on Mary’s Mini you just eat one starch. Here is a quote from the July 2006 newsletter that you can read here.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/july/marys2.htm

“Mary’s Mini-McDougall Diet is offered as a way to ease the learning curve for those just starting our program and a means to increase the efficiency of the regular McDougall Diet by simplifying food choices. The diet follows the basic principles of the McDougall Program: starch-based with the addition of fruits and vegetables, but limits food choices to one kind of starch and repetitive selections of green and yellow vegetables and fruits. The same starch and vegetables are eaten everyday.”

If you’ve read somewhere that Mary’s Mini should include multiple startches, perhaps you can provide a reference so we can look at that. Thanks.
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program