Loss of appetite

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Loss of appetite

Postby CraftyeLadye » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:20 am

So I am on day 46 of MM, with maybe 3 or 4 days of MWL thrown in here and there. The issue I am facing is that I am losing my appetite. It wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that I am now experiencing more low blood sugar episodes because I am not eating enough. Literally yesterday I ate some veggie sushi (rice, cucumber and carrots and seaweed. Then I ate some baby carrots and had to force myself to have a salad later. That is literally all that I ate for the entire day. I am concerned about how this will affect weight loss and my blood sugars too.

Any thoughts??
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Re: Loss of appetite

Postby Letha.. » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi CraftyeLadye,
I don’t have anything really helpful to offer. After about six weeks of MM I found my appetite increased. I actually went back to MWL figuring I’d make some veggie soups to fill me up so I had a better ratio of veggies to starch. Now I’ve switched back to MM out of laziness. MM preparation is so easy.

I would think a loss of appetite would have a positive effect on weight loss since I don’t subscribe to the widely touted theory that eating too few calories will screw up your metabolism. I don’t know about blood sugar issues. Keep us updated.
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Postby CraftyeLadye » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:08 am

Hi Debbie,

I actually just found out that I am in the midst of a miscarriage. I was 14 days late and then my friendhas been here for 10 days when usually I have it for 5 days. I finally went to the emergency room last night because I was scared and they did bloodwork and an ultrasound. We have been trying so long it is a huge blow. So I am sure this has something to do with the loss of apetite.

Yes I test my blood sugar 4 times per day and I have definitely crashed several times over the last 3 weeks. I am running around 90-100 most times, but crashed to under 60 4 times last week alone and twice this week. That is my main concern, eating enough to keep my blood sugar level, but still having trouble with my appetite. Maybe it will return when my body is over this recent trauma
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:23 am

I'm so sorry for your loss, Crafty. But, I think you have your answer.

Feel better.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby CraftyeLadye » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Thank you
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby CraftyeLadye » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Thanks Debbie I wish that too, but I will just keep trying.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby debable » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:04 pm

So sorry for your loss Craftye.
Some people dream about success......Others wake up and work hard at
it.
debable

Postby CraftyeLadye » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Thank you debable
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby Yomom » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:24 pm

Craftyeladye, I am so sorry to hear of your loss and hope you are recovered and healing soon. Hang in there.
Yomom

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program