Potato eaters on MM

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Potato eaters on MM

Postby Dgarr » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:20 pm

I am trying to work myself up to doing Mary's Mini with potatoes. I was wondering if you eat your potatoes plain, or do you use a topping? If so, what do you top your potatoes with?
Dgarr

Postby CarolynA » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Sometimes I eat my potatoes plain, or with some nutritional yeast on top. Other times I put salsa or my veggies on top, just to keep it from being so dry. My favorite right now is with salsa, because it replaces my desire for salt. :D

Carolyn
CarolynA

Postby Potatohead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:45 am

I usually eat them plain, or sometime with salsa or ketchup.
I love to bake them and eat them cold for snacking
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby janluvs2heel » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:00 am

I am not doing MM right now but have several times in the past. I dont mind eating them plain but a lot of times I will use spaghetti sauce or a marinara sauce on them, mixed altogether with my veggies. I also love to just dip them in ketchup.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Re: Potato eaters on MM

Postby kirstykay » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:37 pm

I find if I bake them in the oven wrapped in foil, they aren't nearly as dry as when I make them in the microwave. My favorite way to eat baked potatoes is with creamed corn on top. But I don't just eat them baked. I like to eat hashbrowns for breakfast, made in my waffle iron until crispy. For lunch I really like oven fries dipped in ketchup and I like to mash yukon gold potatoes and mix in a can of corn for dinner. So, don't be afraid to get a little creative and try some new things. Good luck. Let us know what you try and like.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Re: Potato eaters on MM

Postby Dgarr » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:25 pm

The last three days I have done hashbrowns for breakfast, homemade veg. soup and a microwave potato with ketchup for lunch, a salad and either a microwave potato with tomato sauce, or baked fries with ketchup for dinner. So far so good.
Dgarr

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program