Dec. '09 Mary Mini, 4 those who need a bit more help

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Dec. '09 Mary Mini, 4 those who need a bit more help

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:53 pm

hi everyone. Looks like everyone's doing pretty good with their mini. And I'm really proud of you, CraftyeLady ...those blood sugars are amazing. What will your doc say! ha! "You're getting this low a number eating potatoes?" :eek:

spinach and rice for me, with steamed vegs tossed in about half the time. Good stuff! and I lost three pounds this past week, :D
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby kirstykay » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:22 am

It's really cold here in Chicago! A great day for some warm potatoes and veggies!! I had a mostly good day yesterday. I re-read some old posts and got really motivated again. One thing I was reminded of was a quote from Jeff Novak: "Relapses/Set backs do not equal failure, they are a PART of the process. Obstacles are to be seen as a challenge to strengthen your commitment."
So...my commitment has officially been strengthened!!! :)

Hope everyone has a great day and keeps warm. I'm on plan and planning on staying that way!!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby desertwind56 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:15 am

Checking in. This will be my 4th day of Mary's mini. :D

Connie
desertwind56

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:21 am

checking in. I'm doing really well the past couple of days. Tuesday was a weird over-eating day...I think it was hormones...but even overeating I didn't go off MWL. But my spinach and rice plate is perfect. I'm loving it, and doubly blessed because I'm out of all other food! ha! seriously, I stocked up on things I'd need for this mini, and then had rent, plus three pretty big surprises hit my budget, leaving me with no grocery money until next Tuesday. But it's okay, because the spinach and rice is satisfying, and my kids like it, too. But they also have an occasional burger or pizza w/their dad,so...

anyway, I feel good. This mini has my gut feeling light and cleaned out. And I lost three pounds at my weigh in. Put on and zipped up my skinny jeans without laying down on the bed! :thumbsup:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby kirstykay » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:16 am

Yea for skinny jeans!!! Congratulations, Heidi! 3 pounds is GREAT; I'm excited for you!

I Went to the gym today got really sweaty!! Felt good! I'm reading The China Study, and it's due back to the library, so I have to finish it this weekend. It's extremely compelling! I'm thinking of getting some copies to give to my Dr. and two of my good friends. One is a nurse and one is a nutritionist...we'll see.

I'm on plan and planning on staying that way! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Kirsty
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Potatohead » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:21 am

Checking in...went astray for a couple of days :roll: ..Starting back on MM today...I have been McDougalling since the 90's, most of the time I'm on the program...but I admit, I'm not perfect...I stray away every now and then... :duh:
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby CraftyeLadye » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Day 42 for me and I have lost 1 intch from my thighs, arms and calves, haven't measured my waist and hips yet because I am in the midst of my monthly visitor and still bloated. Will measure when it is done. Everyone is doing great.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby desertwind56 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Well, Friday I slipped off the Mary's mini and back to MWL. For now, I'm going to stick to MWL. I'll probably do another mini Starting Jan. 2.

Connie
desertwind56

Postby Potatohead » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 am

Day 2 starting over, I had hashbrowns for breakfast, and I've got about 8 potatoes baking in the oven,,I'll make a big pot of greenbeans and tomatoes later...simple good eating :D
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Potatohead » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:24 am

Morning, Day 3 for me...I had a couple of cold potatoes for breakfast, lunch will be miso soup and taters..dinner will be taters and greenbeans...I feel so much better when I eat this way, I'm a creature of habit, so this plan works well for me.
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby windycitychick » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Just starting the Mary Mini for the first time and am just wondering what your favorite foods/recipes are as you follow the mini. Any advice for making it work with a family? Also, what do you eat for breakfast besides potatoes?

Thanks so much!

Kate
windycitychick

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:27 am

hey everyone

still sticking to mini, about 95%...for instance, at the company party, which was at Olive Garden, I ate regular McDougall (minestrone and a few bites of linguine with marinara sauce, and one bite of a breadstick...under-impressed...actually, the food was good, but I don't understand what's so great about the breadsticks!

otherwise, it's spinach and rice, sometimes with something added, sometimes not.

I didn't lose any weight this past week...:? less active? or what. But it doesn't matter. This ain't a diet.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Potatohead » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:26 am

Good Morning :D Merry Christmas....Still on MM, I've lost 2lbs....I'll be on it til New Years, then I'll go back on the regular program
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Potatohead » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:29 am

Morning, still on MM, I'm enjoying my potatoes, greenbeans and fruits along with some mcdougall right food cups..simple clean eating. :D
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Letha.. » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:20 am

Just stopped in to say Hi. :-D After doing Mary’s Mini in October and November I’ve gone back and forth a little bit in December between MM and MWL. I’m still doing rice, lettuce, & apples most days but in recent weeks I made a pot of Paul’s Two cup Soup and on several occasions I’ve had Baked potatoes, beans, or steel cut oats. The simplicity of MM is the most appealing part to me. No menu planning, short shopping list, fast and easy food preparations, cheap, and even cleanup is easier. Have a great day.
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program