Dec. '09 Mary Mini, 4 those who need a bit more help

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:05 am

this'll be day two for me, of following a mini. Yesterday I felt hungry more often than normal, but it occured to me: I can eat another plate of food. So I had four meals instead of three. :)

anticipating positive changes in many areas from this!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby CarolynA » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:30 am

Today is day 2 for me as well. I also was hungry later in the evening, so I had another potato, making it 4 for the day. I was really energetic last night though, wide awake at 10pm, so I took a tylenol to help me sleep.

Anyway, I have already seen a positive - my fasting blood sugar was under 100 this morning, for the first time in over a month. Yay! :D

Carolyn
CarolynA

Postby rebecca » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:16 am

Thanks Debbie for getting this going! Day 2 for me too. Just saying I'm on the plan and plan to stay that way! Hope everyone is having a great day. :)
rebecca

Postby busymomof4 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm

I'd like to join in this month. Been away for a while, but need to get back to McDougalling. I'm starting today and will weigh in on Thursday. I really need to lose some weight....at least 30 pounds. I will probably do MM to get off the first 10 or so, then probably switch to the regular plan. Thanks, Debbie, for starting this thread. :)
Michele
busymomof4

I'm In

Postby kirstykay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Debbie,
Thanks for starting a new thread for December. I'm in for the month! What a great way to end the year! :-D
Kirsty
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Jackie J » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:37 pm

yes, thanks for starting this thread - looking forward to a rockin' slim-down December
Jackie J

Postby CraftyeLadye » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Today is day 30 for me. Tomorrow I will measure myself since I have no scale and no interest in buying one. I measured myself the first day I began mm on November 2. I hope to see a change.

Last night I bumped my 4 laps to 5 laps on the track and felt it later on. Wow. Anyway I will continue through the new year and beyond because I still have quite a lot of weight to lose. I forgot we were starting a new thread for December actually I forgot that today was December, oh well.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby minirunner » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:25 pm

Day two of MM and I have gained 1/2 pound. My body fat percent has sky rocketed the past two days to 23%, it has been very discouraging. Sunday night I ate mashed potatoes with FF gravy, corn and veggies. I did have a couple of fat free cookies I made just before starting mary's mini but I can't figure out why I am so rapidly gaining weight. My body is driving me crazy, nothing has helped me lose these last 4 or 5 pounds in 4 years. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Breakfast:

1 c. hashbrowns [no oil in cooking]
1/4 of an apple
1/4 of a banana

Lunch:

2 c. green leaf lettuce
1/2 c. broccoli
1/2 c. cauliflower
3 baby carrots
1 potato steamed and cubed

homemade fat free dressing with zucchini, mustard, vinegar, 1 Tb. honey, garlic

Dinner:

1 c. steamed vegetables
1 baked potato

I ate about 1000 calories on monday and I ate about 1100 on sunday. Am I just being impatient? it is hard to gain weight like that so quickly.
http://www.thepeacefulkitchen.blogspot.com
minirunner

Postby minirunner » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 am

Thanks for the reply, I was back down to the weight I was when I started MM so hopefully it will be downhill from here :-D Atleast for my weight anyway!
http://www.thepeacefulkitchen.blogspot.com
minirunner

Postby CarolynA » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:00 am

Day 3 for me. I think I am doing okay so far. Last night I had a big baked potato with salsa, some italian blend vegetables (plain), and some sauteed mushrooms (balsamic vinegar and a little soy sauce and garlic). It was really good and filling.

Minirunner - I have weighed every day so far, just to "see" (I won't continue to do it once I am comfortable that it is working). After the first day, my weight was up by a pound, but then this morning I was down a pound from my starting weight. So, I think that sometimes your body just goes through adjustment periods. I do better when I stay hydrated and really watch my sodium intake.

I hope everyone is doing well! :)

Carolyn
CarolynA

Postby debable » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:23 pm

I started MM today. I have some soy milk to use up so I won't be 100% for a few days. I tried MM a few weeks ago and only lasted 3 days. This time if I screw up I will just carry on with it. I am eating potatoes, veggies and apples for 10 days, I might change to brown rice for my starch after that. I will go to regular McDougall for xmas eve and xmas day and right back to MM. :)
Some people dream about success......Others wake up and work hard at
it.
debable

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:28 pm

checking in. I weighed this morning, lost maybe a half pound. Not changing my ticker.

Eating MM, except I baked muffins trying a recipe for Sunday's feast, and ate one. :paranoid: that's off MM for sure!

otherwise, all is on plan, and still tasting good. I let myself get good and hungry for lunch, not snacking in between, and fixing food in a pan on the stove instead of nuking it...the aromas as it heated up made it even better. mmmm.

did my exercises, and chomping at the bit ready to go for a freakin' jog or something, but my ankle sucks. :mad: Feels good to get the core challenge done, even though my daughter snickered at me while I held the airplane position! ha!

:) feeling pretty darn good yeah!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby rebecca » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:17 pm

Looking good everyone! :D I ate off plan today. I am a recovering yo-yo dieter and got caught up in a "new" diet. Of coarse I came to my senses. Nothing is as healthy as McD way of life. As the good Dr. says: "You didn't wake up overweight- it took some time. Give yourself some time to take it off." As all ways thanks for being here. :-D
rebecca

Postby rebecca » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:47 am

Just letting you guys know, I am going back to MWL. I'll try MM later.
rebecca

Postby CarolynA » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:39 am

Just checking in - today is day 4 for me, and things are going well. My blood sugar was 96 this morning, so I am really happy about that. Also, I weighed, and am down 3.2 lbs since Monday. Totally psyched, and ready to keep going. I told my husband that I want to do this until I lose 10 lbs, but if I lose it before Christmas, I may stay on the MM until Christmas just to see how much I can drop by then. If I continue to lose at this rate, I should be close to a 15 lb loss by then. :D (Although I will be satisfied with the 10).

Hope everyone is doing well, and staying on-plan!

Carolyn
CarolynA

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program