Dec. '09 Mary Mini, 4 those who need a bit more help

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby minirunner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:28 am

Sure, I would be willing to start an eat this, not that thread. I'll have to put some stuff together and do it. I am down a pound so far, Yay! I strayed a bit last night, we had a special date night and got to go out for dinner, my brother in law paid for us to go out because we can't afford to.

I did have a salad with mushrooms, butternut squash mashed potatoes and then I cheated and ate a little of my hubby's vegan brownie sundae, oh was that Yummy!! I was very careful not to over eat which I usually do and pay for it later. My weight was down 1/4 pound today...yay, 3.6 pounds to go!
http://www.thepeacefulkitchen.blogspot.com
minirunner

Postby Potatohead » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Checking in...still on MM, I had oatmeal this morning, hashbrowns for lunch, and will have baked potatoes for dinner along with some greenbeans and a banana.
Yesterday I was craving Chocolate :shock: what did I do?....I ate a cold baked potato :D
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby CarolynA » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Potatohead wrote:Checking in...still on MM, I had oatmeal this morning, hashbrowns for lunch, and will have baked potatoes for dinner along with some greenbeans and a banana.
Yesterday I was craving Chocolate :shock: what did I do?....I ate a cold baked potato :D

So is it okay to have oatmeal in the mornings instead of the potatoes? That would be great! I don't have any problems with the potatoes the rest of the day, but first thing in the morning I would love to have oatmeal in the morning instead!

On-plan except for hubby's Christmas party last night, where I did have a few bites of the fried veggies. Other than that, I have stayed on-plan, even with eating out a few times over the weekend (baked potatoes and salads in those cases). I plan on sticking with this regardless of what the scale says in the morning, but it would sure be nice if I were down 5 lbs or so! I did wear a pair of dress pants to church this morning that were obviously looser on me, so hopefully I will start seeing that in all of my clothes.

Carolyn
CarolynA

Postby CarolynA » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:42 am

I am really frustrated with myself this morning. I gained back a pound over the weekend. :( But, I didn't drink much yesterday, so I am going to weigh again in the morning to see if there is any difference.

I had oatmeal for breakfast today, just to give myself a slight break from the potatoes. Also, I made a big pot of veggie soup last night - loaded with veggies, tomato juice base, a little veggie boullion, etc. I will be having that for dinner tonight, and then probably for lunches the rest of the week. It has potatoes in it, but not loads - mostly just other veggies llike green beans, a very little bit of corn, peas, celery, carrots, okra, etc.

Also, I am determined to work out tonight. I have got to take off some of this weight, and I figure the exercise is good for me in a number of ways.

Anyway, on-plan for the most part, and trying to get back into the groove of things.

Carolyn
CarolynA

Postby desertwind56 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:10 pm

Time for another mini for me! I'm starting today. :D

Connie
desertwind56

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:12 pm

CarolynA wrote:I am really frustrated with myself this morning. I gained back a pound over the weekend. :( But, I didn't drink much yesterday, so I am going to weigh again in the morning to see if there is any difference.

I had oatmeal for breakfast today, just to give myself a slight break from the potatoes. Also, I made a big pot of veggie soup last night - loaded with veggies, tomato juice base, a little veggie boullion, etc.

I suspect that gain is all water weight from the tomato juice and veggie bouillon. Remember what Jeff says about sodium content of foods! Either of those 2 items probably has about a day's worth of sodium! OK, an exaggeration, but not by much. :)
VeggieSue

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi everyone. I feel like I haven't posted here as often as I should...anyway.

doing good! Still going strong with my spinach and rice plate. Today I ate a bowl of raw cauli and 321 dressing, to go with my lunch. Yum!

I had a little feast day yesterday, for St Nicholas Day and this is cool...eating regular McD w/a delicacy or two really does feel feasty. No need for cheese or meat or other stuff. A handful of nuts and a little bit of dark chocolate really and truly made the evening seem like a very special meal. And I'm back on track today, completely. The treat didn't trigger a binge or anything.

It's like Mini is a "diet", MWL is regular daily eating, and McDougall Program is high indulgence feast food! ha!

how cool is THAT!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Re: Dec. '09 Mary Mini, 4 those who need a bit more help

Postby CarolynA » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:20 am

VeggieSue - thanks for the tip. However, I only ate a very, very small bowl of the veggie soup on Sunday, so that wasn't the issue I am sure. Also, I use the low-sodium tomato juice, and there really isn't that much in the boullion that I use (plus I only used about a teaspoon for the entire pot of soup, so that isn't very much). Regardless, I will make sure to watch that in the future.

Let's just say that I was off plan yesterday, and really paid for it. Back on track today though, with hashbrowns for breakfast. I will finish out the week on the MM, and then see where I am at.
I am worth it!
CarolynA

Postby Potatohead » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:59 am

Still on MM, Oatmeal this Am with baked potato wedges for lunch...probally baked potatoes for dinner, or one of McDougall's right foods pilafs...for those asking, I mostly stick with potatoes, but every couple of days I break it up with oatmeal, or a right foods meal...it works for me :)
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Dgarr » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 pm

I have finally joined MM. Today is day 2 eating potatoes. I donated blood today and someone made peanutbutter and chocolate chip cookies, and I passed them by (it was hard and I'm still thinking about those cookies). :crybaby:
Dgarr

Postby desertwind56 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:26 am

Was my second day of this round of Mary's mini. I haven't decided how may days I going to do it. Yesterday was a last minute decision to do another mini. I'm thinking a week or so.

Connie
desertwind56

Postby kirstykay » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:57 am

Hi Everyone!
I've been "off the wagon" for a few days. Not sure why, just finding it really hard to eat right. :(
So...today is a new day...I am committed to doing this. Hashbrowns and cabbage for breakfast. I made potato soup that I'll have for lunch, and baked potatoes with broccoli for dinner. Thanks for keeping this post going. I appreciate all of your insights.
Kirsty
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby CraftyeLadye » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:29 am

Day 38 for me and up to 6 laps around the track brisk walking. My blood sugars are now in the low 90-115 range and I couldn't be happier. I am off all medication as well. It's hard to believe how much better I feel without waking with blood sugar in the 300's and I eat as many potatoes as I want. Once in awhile I need to eat some beans or something but as long as it is still MWL, I feel fine about it. I still don't know how much I have lost and refuse to buy a scale. I know I am doing the right thing for my body and health and the weight will come off as a result. Keep it up everyone it is so worth it.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby kirstykay » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Those are excellent results, Lisa!!! Great job sticking with it! You inspire me.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby CraftyeLadye » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:40 pm

kirstykay wrote:Those are excellent results, Lisa!!! Great job sticking with it! You inspire me.

Thanks you all inspire me too!!
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program