MWL Dec 09 "On plan, planning to stay that way!"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

MWL Dec 09 "On plan, planning to stay that way!"

Postby LauraA » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Welcome to our new December thread! This is the last month of 2009, and I'm looking forward to continuing to give and receive support here. This month involves lots of celebrating for many of us, so there will be many challenges with food. I'm sure that we can all be a big help to each other here. Remember, for those who care to participate, we post our weight losses on Thursdays. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby LauraA » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:34 am

debbie wrote:Can I still post my wieght loss here? I am also going to do one over in a MM thread that we are planning on doing for Dec. I just dont want to

mess anyone up;0

Deb

Sure - anyone can post weight loss here. If, however, most people will post weight loss on a Mary's Mini thread, then there may be no need to post it here. I plan to switch over to posting my weight losses on Letha's new forum. I wanted to stick around here long enough to finish the 2009 countdown. I'll see on Thursday how many people are posting weight losses here. Anything is fine - whatever people find most helpful. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

i'm here

Postby Vegeloon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 pm

but went pretty far astray over Thanksgiving. I brought some healthy dishes to share but ended up eating too much of the off-plan stuff as well. Ah well.... back to reality and a few more pounds to delete.
Laura, where is Letha's new forum?
What would Mc Dougall do?
Vegeloon

Postby LauraA » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:45 pm

debbie wrote:I for one, will be continueing to post here on these boards.

Let's finish strong.
There are 31 days left in 2009!!!

Checking in---On plan and planning to stay that way. It sure seems a little odd, that everyone seems to have "run" away from the boards. It seems to me, that now there is a new board and while this one is not going away, as far as anyone can tell, it is being called the "old" boards. And while having maximum McD exposure is very good, it seems a little redundant to have two of the same things, if you will. I like having all of resources available to me here. McD comes on here and talks from time to time and Jeff is always here to answer questions. just kinda upset that everyone seems gone.

deb

Hi Deb - There's not an MWL thread on Letha's McDougall Talk forum, and I think that a lot more people are posting on the Mary's Mini thread than here. Maybe it is the time of year, I don't know! When I started this thread last November, there were very active Mary's Mini threads, and our thread here was sort of small. I think that it is good that there are lots of choices so that everyone can do whatever is working for them. I also think that some change can be good. We'll just all see what people want and need. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Postby VeggieSue » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:07 am

debbie wrote: It sure seems a little odd, that everyone seems to have "run" away from the boards. It seems to me, that now there is a new board and while this one is not going away, as far as anyone can tell, it is being called the "old" boards. And while having maximum McD exposure is very good, it seems a little redundant to have two of the same things, if you will.

More than 2, actually. Besides the original McDougall forum on VegSource (now renamed fat-free, or something like that, but the archives are still there as well as the recipe forum), there's the McDougall section of Susan V's (of fatfreevegan fame) message board, the McDougall blogs and communities on Blogger, WordPress and LiveJournal, the 2 McDougall Yahoogroups (formed when people started getting banned from VegSource), even Dr. Barnard's forums on the PCRM site have a weight loss section which as a lot of McDougallers.

I like having all of resources available to me here. McD comes on here and talks from time to time and Jeff is always here to answer questions.

This is why, no matter how many other sites with McD info there are, I always refer people back to here and this is where I come first thing every morning.
VeggieSue

Postby LauraA » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:52 am

Let's finish strong.
There are 30 days left in 2009!!!

Good morning all! I'm on plan, and hoping that everyone else is too. I'm already busy getting packages mailed for Christmas. As the time gets closer, I just want to be able to enjoy the grandkids who are here, but some of my kids/grandkids won't be here, so I need to get stuff in the mail. I'm enjoying lots of soups, even though it is warm still here. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Postby Letha.. » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:29 am

Hi everyone. Just thought I’d stop by and say hello. Image I’m still on plan and planning to stay that way. Still doing the rice/lettuce/apple thing. Hope everyone is enjoying the season with lots of healthy McDougall food. Take care.
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Postby Vegeloon » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 am

Good morning - it has been very brisk these mornings. I'm still getting up to do my wii fit every morning at 5:15, but it is hard when it is so chilly to get out from my warm down comforter. My hubby and I have been watching Biggest Loser together this season. I think he may be getting inspired to do something about his SAD eating soon. I hope so as it will be so much easier to stay on plan if there isn't any junk food in the house.
I'm still planning to check in on this board and weigh in here - I hope a few die hards will hang in there with me. I just don't have enough time to check in on multiple boards....
Deb - The 3 Sisters soup is a very yummy one to do and it makes a huge batch.
Hi Letha - you are still doing amazing things!
Laura - I'm jealous that you are already mailing packages... at least I have started some of my shopping.
Take care all,
Debbie
What would Mc Dougall do?
Vegeloon

Postby mairead11 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:23 pm

I'll be sticking around this thread—I've not had much to report in about lately, so I've been keeping fairly quiet. =)
I wish I had time to peruse multiple sites too, but I'll stick here unless all I can hear is the echo of my own voice. :D

Happy Wednesday—see you guys tomorrow!
Mairead
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
mairead11

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:32 pm

hey! I saw Letha! Hi Letha! :)

just peeking in. I'm posting more at the MM thread, and at the exercise forum for the core challenge, plus my journal.

everyone here seems to be doing wonderful! I'm proud of all of youse. Keep on doing it! yah!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby debable » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:37 pm

I will post my weight loss on here tomorrow. I too,only have time for one forum and some days I spend too much time on this one! I love having Jeff Novicks experience and expertise to learn from. I will miss Letha on here though and will pop over to her website occasionally to have a look. I hope the membership doesn't drop here, I have seen other forums where there has been a break off group and in a short time both groups have faded away :-(
Some people dream about success......Others wake up and work hard at
it.
debable

Postby amyla51 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm still here too and planning to stay here, since this is where I first found success, and the people who first inspired me. I will go to Letha's also, since I want to support her and admire her so much for what she has done.

I am a little concerned about change.....don't do very well with it. I once joined Weight Watchers, paid my money, and then never went back because they had changed their program from the old one I knew! So, I am staying here, where I know Jeff and Dr. McD hangout and give input. i also think that newbies may be more likely to stop here first, so it would be nice to be able to support those of us just getting started.

I will be glad to run our weight loss totals through December, then start a brand new weight loss tracker on Jan. 1st. That falls on a Friday. How would you feel about switching our Thursday weigh in to a Friday? that way we could start fresh on January 1. What do you think?

By the way, don't give me too much credit for throwing away the broken cookies.....I did have a small piece of pumpkin cake :oops: last night. Massive headache reminded me that I will pay for that in elevated blood sugars! So today, back to veggies and no sugar!

Amy :)
Amy in NH

"Potato Power!" (courtesy of Jeff Novick)
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
"On Plan and planning to stay that way." (Thanks, Letha)
amyla51

Postby desertwind56 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Still here. :D

On plan and planning to stay that way.

Connie
desertwind56

Postby Starchyme » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:09 am

OK, so I gained 2 lbs at Thanksgiving and haven't gotten it off! I also revamped my total loss to go below original amount. So now I have 20 lbs to lose. But, I'M ON PLAN AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!

I'll be going to Disney Sat. for 6 days. Luckily, I'll be with my DIL who is on Weight Watchers maintenance and very disciplined. So not visualizing gaining any weight, even if I remain status quo.

If I ever figure out how to download the ticker to this site, I'll be tracking it weekly. I did it before and don't understand why it's not working now.

Wishing everyone a pleasant McD week.
Starchyme

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:47 am

weigh in

215 lbs for a loss of 0 lbs.

i posted about the calorie density of rice in another thread here. But it's the rice. Eating a lot of it has stopped the scale.

re-figuring my mini, and maybe just getting off the mini altogether. I was losing weight on MWL, stopped losing when I got on a mini? how strange is that.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program