The potato chip lover's best friend

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

The potato chip lover's best friend

Postby CherryPizza » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:28 pm

In case there is anyone here who isn't aware of their existence, if you love your potato chips (that's 'crisps' for you UK folk), getting yourself one of the microwave oven potato chip gizmos could well do wonders for you.

See one pictured here: http://www.markpascua.com/wp-content/mi ... -maker.jpg

There are always a few on eBay in various forms. Just type 'microwave potato chip' into the search bar and something will come up. Be sure to get one that comes with a gadget for slicing the taters.
CherryPizza

Postby Vegeloon » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:34 pm

The Gizmo looks very interesting....
Does it work well?
MMMMMM Chips!!!!!
What would Mc Dougall do?
Vegeloon

Postby CherryPizza » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:06 pm

They do work well.

It takes a bit of time to get used to the idea of chips without the fat in them, but if you season the potato with a flavour that appeals to you, they can become quite pleasant for the munching.
CherryPizza

Postby janluvs2heel » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:38 am

I got a microwave potato chip maker off the internet. It was like $5.00. Actually, I got 2 for the price of one. I just googled microwave potato chip maker & wa la!!!

I also take a corn tortilla & cut it into triangles, or whatever shape works & make corn chips. Great with salsa. Every microwave is different so you really have to watch it or you will burn them.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby slugmom » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:49 pm

here's a method that works well without a gadget -- http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2008/08/he ... nacks.html -- I've done them on parchment paper or a nonstick liner. I use my food processor to get thin slices.
- Kim

slugmom

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program