Any Australian McDougallers out there?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Any Australian McDougallers out there?

Postby Beatrice » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi

I've been trying McDougall regular or MWL for a while now. I've been back sliding a little so I'm looking for some support from any McDougallers from Oz, especially if they have any sucess with convincing their GPs (primary care providers) that the program is worthwhile for heart health. Most GPs have never heard of it and just prescribe medication.

Barbara
Beatrice

Postby AussieDavid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Yes,

I, together with my family have been following McDougall starch based plant food eating plan for the past 15 years with perfect results.

Our boys, aged 19 and 16 are both over 180cms tall, our 19 year old is built like a giant refrigerator (massive solid build - so much for "where do you get your protein" question) and our 16 year old is not a solidly built but still a growing boy.

Both have only had a very and I mean very mild case of pimples and we are all in superb health.

On occasion, we have all had our BP taken and last time our 19 yo had his taken, the GP took it 3 times, each time my wife's smile became bigger and bigger as she knew exactly why the GP's face was looking so perplexed.

Our son's BP was perfect, unseen by the GP for many years. So many wonderful stories to tell.

Just do your own thing. Don't let the GP tell you what to eat as most are overweight or sickly themselves. The do not have any real understanding on nutrition, so what they don't understand they don't apply to their practice.

The entire medical system is losing the fight against chronic illness directly related to, and stemming from eating lifestyles.

Fuel your body with the very best foods every day, not a "balanced diet".

We live in Melbourne.
AussieDavid

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program