15 day Mary's mini--Nov.1-Nov. 15

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby CraftyeLadye » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 pm

The reason I ask is that I find myself wanting less of other things and more potatoes. It's so easy and cheap to just eat potatoes. I still eat fruit thought because I need something sweet once in awhile, but I am not bored with the potatoes at all.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby sksamboots » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:50 am

On plan :)
sksamboots

Postby Della Street » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Just checking in. Today I completed Day 16. It's almost hard to believe that you can lose weight just eating potatoes, veggies and a fruit a day. I never feel really hungry because the spuds are so filling. In fact, I make myself eat more potatoes than I probably need to feel full just to make sure I am eating enough calories. I never thought I'd be concerned with eating too few calories. :-)
Della Street
http://cotton-picker.blogspot.com
http://cottonpickercooking.blogspot.com
Della Street

Postby sksamboots » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm on plan. Feeling a little crummy. I think my body is trying to fight off from getting sick..I'm not sure. Just feel 85% instead of my usual 100%. Feels sucky. Good news is I have no cravings or desires for SAD food. You all are doing so wonderful! Glad to have you for support :)
sksamboots

Postby Della Street » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:08 am

Checking in early at the beginning of D18. I will be out and about today and have already finished cooking my potato meals so I don't run into temptation and trouble later. Tomorrow is weigh in day. :eek:
Della Street
Della Street

Postby desertwind56 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:48 am

Going to start a seven day Mary's mini tomorrow. :D

Mmmm, potatoes.

Connie M.
desertwind56

Postby sksamboots » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Yay the more the merrier!!! Welcome

I'm on Day 23. My pants are really really lose. It seems I'm losing inches faster than I'm losing pounds.. Not a bad thing if you ask me. Keep on keepin on everyone :)
sksamboots

Postby Potatohead » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:20 pm

I'm going to try this, I love taters.
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Della Street » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:26 pm

debbie wrote:Hi Della

Are you really on day 18? I only ask cause yesterday you posted day 16, but I may have lost a day somewhere.

Deb

Hi Deb:

Glad someone's on the ball. I checked my calendar and today was Day 17 for me. It's also the 18th and I guess I was looking at the date by mistake. :oops:
Della Street
Della Street

Postby Della Street » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:18 am

Day 18 today. Also weigh in day. I lost 2 lbs this week. :D
Della Street
Della Street

Postby sksamboots » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:13 am

Congrats to your weight release!!!

I'm frustrated with my weight loss but will continue to follow Mary's Mini for 30 days, which will put me up to Thanksgiving Day :-D
sksamboots

Postby CraftyeLadye » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:32 pm

I am checking in today is day 18, I have less headaches my blood sugar is within normal range. My pants feel a little looser (they were really tight) and I am not starving. I have days where I am hungrier than others, but I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am satisfied. I am also reading MWL again and more of it is clicking this time.

I walked another 4 laps last night 1 mile, so I am proud of myself for sticking with it. It gets easier each day. I did skip my walk on Tuesday because I was bone tired and achy all over, but I told myself I cannot feel guilty because I did walk 6 out of 7 days the last week. I am hoping to increase to 1-1/2 miles a day atleast 6 if not 7 days per week. Anyway that is my update today.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby Potatohead » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:57 am

I'm starting this today, I have 8 potatoes baking in the oven, and a big pot of greek style greenbeans are cooking on the stove..(whole greenbeans, onions, garlic, and diced tomatoes with oregano..just cook them all together until they are soft..add about a cup of water or veggie broth at the start... I cook them on low all day)
potatoes will be my starch..I just love them, I'll eat 2 fruits,and my greenbeans with the taters.
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby MaryW » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:11 am

debbie, I hear you about the cranberries. I bought a big bag on sale a few days ago. I CANNOT open them, cuz they will be gone long before Thanksgiving! :)

I found some of those Simply Potatoes on sale, buy one get one free the other day. I bought a bunch and have been happily eating them. I got the southwest hashbrowns. They were much spicier than I thought! So I had to mix them with some plain hash browns. I won't get the southwest ones anymore cuz the ingredients listed a trace of oil. :-( But I'll be going back for more of the plain ones while they are on sale!

I've only said it a gazillion times, but I need to exercise more! My once a week yoga class is just not cutting it. I'm planning to go for a walk in a little while. It's a nice day here and I'm off today. No excuses!
MaryW

Postby CraftyeLadye » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:59 am

Today is day 19 for me and last night I let myself get a little too hungry and ended up eating a few rice cakes with peanut butter (gasp). So feel like I screwed up the whole day, but today I am back on track and promise not to let the peanut butter get me, lol.

Wasn't able to walk last night and it is storming here today so may do a Leslie Sanson video tonight in my living room with my adorable walking partner Keaondray (my almost 3 year old grandson). He is the best exercise partner.

Keep it up ladies. I am rereading MWL slowly this time and it makes so much more sense to me than when I first came here in 2008. I think going back to SAD makes me understand more how important it is for ME to eat this way for life and health. I noticed my face is slimmer this week and my double chin is receding :-P. I am glad that we have this forum, because even when we slip up a little we have each other to talk to. Atleast I am losing that old dieters mentality of all or nothing. I am sure you all know what I mean when I say that.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program