Nov 09 MWL Anniversary! ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby LauraA » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:45 am

MaryW wrote:I think I had a brainstorm. I’m going to dinner with a friend tonight. I suggested Mexican. That’s a nice, safe, vegetarian choice right? NO! I went to the restaurant’s web site to check out the menu. Everything is meaty or cheesy. And of course, we all know that flour tortillas have loads of fat. So I was thinking about what to order. I could get an order of rice and beans and an order of corn tortillas and make my own little rollups, then cover it all with salsa! Does that sound like a good idea? Of course there won’t be much in the vegetable department, but one catastrophe at a time.

That sounds great - and maybe they have a salad or even shredded lettuce that you could add to your rollups! You are doing great, and thanks for continuing with our countdown! You've been so great about it. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby desertwind56 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:51 am

Checking in. On plan and planning to stay that way. Waiting for hubby to finish workout and shower so I can eat breakfast. I'm starving! :-P

Connie
desertwind56

Postby Starchyme » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Mary W. I usually order 'Naked Burrito'. If they don't have it listed on the menu, it's really a salad to which I ask for black beans (if not in lard), rice, salsa, guacomole, black olives, and whatever else I see that's not laden in oil. They usually ask me if I want the burrito, but I decline. I love it just like that and usually have a half to take home for the next day.. In fact, now that we talked about it, I'm going to have to go to QDoba for lunch tomorrow! LOL
Starchyme

Postby amyla51 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:12 pm

Don't forget to weigh in and post your results tomorrow. My results won'r be very good this week, as I have slid off the wagon (not totally fallen) a little. But I will 'fess up tomorrow and see the bad news!

Amy :)
Amy in NH

"Potato Power!" (courtesy of Jeff Novick)
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
"On Plan and planning to stay that way." (Thanks, Letha)
amyla51

Postby MaryW » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Well, dinner went well I think. I got the rice and beans. But I forgot to specifically ask for NO CHEESE on the beans. How silly of me to think that beans would be cheeseless. So I scraped of the top layer of the beans. And I rolled the rice and beans inside corn tortillas and covered them with lettuce, tomatoes and salsa. So good! Plus I had a great time with my friend, which is of course the most important part. :-D
MaryW

Postby Starchyme » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:55 am

I remained the same this week. Many celebrations!

Though Thanksgiving is upon us, I affirm to keep McDougalling throughout.

My exercising will be in the form of 'Winter' cleaning, since I never got to it during Springtime. Believe me, I'd much prefer the gym to tackling that job.
Starchyme

Postby LauraA » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 am

Let's finish strong.
There are 43 days left in 2009!!!

Good morning all. I finally got to give Debbie a break from posting our countdown! Today is weigh in day, and I'm still away from home. I'll be posting my weight on Thanksgiving Day next week. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Della Street » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:25 am

I had another good week on Mary's Mini. The exception was last Saturday night when I had a couple of glasses of wine and a tiny dessert square (1"x1"). I lost 2 lbs this week. :-D
Della Street
http://cotton-picker.blogspot.com
http://cottonpickercooking.blogspot.com
Della Street

Minus one pound this week

Postby Yomom » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:34 am

Down one pound this week. It would have been better if four pieces of pizza hadn't jumped into my mouth on Tuesday night.
Yomom

Postby Anna Green » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:40 am

Hi everyone, Down 1 lb. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thursday. If you are down, congrats. If you are eating healthy, congrats! If you keep coming back to it, congrats. No self-flagellation today. Just pick up a potato and feel good!

(yah, I know. too perky, gag gag)
Anna Green

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:40 am

posting for the week. I lost three pounds! yay! Now it's a full 20 lbs I've lost in about 10 weeks :)

getting my exercise makes all the difference in the world. The week I only lost a half pound, I didn't move hardly at all. This past week, I was really active either "doing exercises" or keeping busy with chores and just activity.

The only day this past week that I ate off plan was yesterday. I had a handful of cashews and a piece of fresh baked white bread at a client's house, and for dinner I had thai noodle salad which has both noodles and peanut butter. I will finish that batch for lunch today. That dish is going to be a feast dish for me, and I'll take a page from Gweithgar's book, fixing it with brown rice next time, instead of the noodles. But I AIN'T leaving the peanut butter out. *slurp* It's only a couple of tablespoons in a four serving batch of food, though so I'm not worried too much about the fat. Still, it belongs in the "feast" category, I think.

looks like everyone is doing great! what an encouragement :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

checking in

Postby raven » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:52 am

Hi Everybody! Here it is check-in day again.

I lost three pounds last week but didn't want to count it because i missed a couple of meals, and thought i'd gain it back. I did, but i lost it again... so put me down for three pounds lost this week.

I never cared for raw veggies much but i have been eating them this past week while i work and i've come to appreciate them. I'm surprised to find i like rutabagas and turnips, if i eat one bite of them and then one bite of carrot or cucumber.

Good luck to all of us in the week ahead...
Raven
raven

Postby debable » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:17 am

My week didn't go well,got into bread and peanut butter a few times. I gained 2 pounds,but I now have my head in the right place and I will lose that plus more this week.
I have come to realize that this plant based diet just makes me feel good,so if I slip off into regular plan I am still doing my health some good. As JeffN says " Time and adherence". I am not going to give up and if I keep working at it it will all come together for me.

I hope everyone else has a great on plan week. I am on plan and planning to stay that way.
Some people dream about success......Others wake up and work hard at
it.
debable

Postby rebecca » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 am

I'm down 2 lbs.! :) Not so sure why because I've been eating off plan from Saturday-Monday :-( I'm happy to see it-maybe it would have been more if I stayed the coarse. Congrats to all the losers , congrats if you've fall off plan and are back and congrats to everyone staying on the plan! Have a great rest of your week.
rebecca

Postby Letha.. » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 am

Good morning all. I'm on plan and plannning to stay that way. I'm down 3.4 pounds for the week and pleased about that. Here is a link to my weight loss stats for the past 14 months.

http://mcdougallstats.wordpress.com/200 ... oss-stats/
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program