Nov 09 MWL Anniversary! ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Letha.. » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:55 am

I’ve been off-line for the past two days with a power outage from a wind storm. I deviated a bit from the Mary’s Mini I’ve been following in recent weeks. Sunday I reheated rice on the woodstove along with some frozen veggies that were melting. Yesterday I made steel cut oat with some blueberries that had thawed. For lunch we used up the hash browns & some more veggies that were thawing out and then for dinner last night and breakfast this morning I made a soup made from Eden’s beans and rice, canned tomatoes, hominy, and seasonings. The power came back on about 45 minutes ago and the first thing I did was fire up the Zojirushi with a fresh pot of organic brown jasmine rice. I’ll check back tomorrow.
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Postby debable » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:54 am

checking in. I am on plan and planning to stay that way. :-D
Some people dream about success......Others wake up and work hard at
it.
debable

Postby LauraA » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:01 am

Oh my goodness, Letha! I'm glad that you all were so well prepared, and I'm glad that checking in with us was the second thing that you did! You are so great about always posting here, that I knew something had happened. Thanks for posting, you were missed! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:46 am

greetings. Just checking in.

decaffeinating myself has me a bit headachey and a bit groggy. Other than that, doing good. Planning on MWL foods for the day. Just bought six pounds of spinach, so I can have my beloved rice and spinach for the majority of my meals, and it's the mini I'm planning on following after T'giving so I needed a supply in the house. I'll hit Good Earth today and buy a big sack of the wild rice gourmet blend for my rice, too. LOOOOOVE that stuff!

still off the ankle. I will WILL WILL do housework today!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 am

well, phoo. I gained two lbs.

MUST I put that on my ticker? :(

I'm sure it is because I have hardly moved all week. I ate MWL except for the peanut butter in the Thai noodle salad that I had three helpings of (leftovers...I made a LOT!) and because of my stupid ankle, barely lifted a finger all week. zero walks, just a little bit of light housekeeping, and even the job coaching was out because of a sick client. Yeah, exercising is going to be the key to my losing weight at all. i have one of those efficient metabolisms, for sure.

There is something cool about this, though. Yes, disappointed in the gain but since I'm in it for life, all the benefits besides weight loss came to me immediately. :) Taking off the pounds will be a lovely thing, but in the meantime, I have energy, no depression, no IBS, etc, etc.

sorry to put a +2 on our tally for the week. I'm still not putting it on my ticker.

;-)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Letha.. » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:37 am

Checking in. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I’m happily back to my routine of rice, lettuce, & apples. Congratulations Debbie on your 10 pound loss. :-D I’ll check back tomorrow.
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Tomorrow's weigh in

Postby amyla51 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:05 am

Don't forget to weigh in tomorrow BEFORE dinner! :-)

Heidi- Do you want to wait til tomorrow to weigh in? I put down gains as zeroes, so don't worry. And I am with you...I am NOT putting down my recent gains on my weight ticker! I am just waiting til it goes back down! :D
(Which we know it will!)
Personally, I think if we can all make it through the next 6 weeks and still post on here, regardless of the results, we are winners, I mean losers, well, you know what I mean!

Amy :)
Amy in NH

"Potato Power!" (courtesy of Jeff Novick)
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
"On Plan and planning to stay that way." (Thanks, Letha)
amyla51

Postby LauraA » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Let's finish strong.
There are 37 days left in 2009!!!

Well, I'm very late posting this, but at least I got it on! It's almost Thanksgiving, and I'm very thankful for this MWL group, for all of the journals. Oh yes, and for Dr McDougall and Jeff!! I hope that everyone has a great day tomorrow. One of my daughter's is staying in the room where my computer is, so I haven't been able to get on line much. Also, I'm busy having a great time with several relatives. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

checking in

Postby raven » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:19 am

No weight loss this week... ate okay for the most part, but didn't exercise as much due to a horrible four day migraine. I had a bunch of tea and some chocolate and made it through without codeine, which always makes me need to sleep. Usually with a bad migraine like that i eat a lot of calorie dense foods to keep me going.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! May we all have a day we will not regret tomorrow!
Raven
raven

Postby LauraA » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:04 am

Let's finish strong.
There are 36 days left in 2009!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! As I said, I am so very thankful for all of you, and I'm also so very thankful for the health and peace with food that the McDougall program has given me in this past year. I'm down just one pound, which isn't a lot after a month of travel, but it is fine with me. I'll spend this next year just losing very slowly, I hope. By the end of 2010, I hope to be ready to maintain for life! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Postby Yomom » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:25 am

Minus one pound for me this week.
Yomom

Postby Letha.. » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:29 am

Good morning. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I’m down 1 pound for the week. Here is a link to my weekly weight loss stats. http://mcdougallstats.wordpress.com/

I’m doing my Mary’s Mini thing today. I’ll check back tomorrow.
Letha

Carl Sagan
Letha..

Happy Thanksgiving

Postby amyla51 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:35 am

I don't know if the McDougall Family reads these posts, but if they do THANK YOU!! Thank you for feeling so strongly about the "secret" you found to healthy living, that you are willing...eager...to share it with the world! Thank you more than I can say, for giving so many of us a new lease on life. I wonder how many families are today NOT having a turkey, but having a table full of Mary's recipes instead? :D

Having said that, I will report that I have lost only a pound this week, but it makes up for gaining a little last week, so I am putting it down as a zero. But I am still on track, and doing okay, so that's saying something!

How is everyone else? Don't forget to weigh in today; I will post results tonight or tomorrow morning.
Have a wonderful day!

Amy :)
Amy in NH

"Potato Power!" (courtesy of Jeff Novick)
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
"On Plan and planning to stay that way." (Thanks, Letha)
amyla51

Postby Della Street » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 am

I lost 1 lb this week.
Della Street
http://cotton-picker.blogspot.com
http://cottonpickercooking.blogspot.com
Della Street

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Postby mairead11 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:15 am

…and happy Thursday to those of you not celebrating T'giving in the states. :D

I am very happy [and thankful] to report a 2lb loss this week! Yippee!

I am hosting today, so everyone's going to have a "legal" McD T'giving feast [not all MWL though]. Here's what's on the menu:
Ceasar salad/pumpkin chestnut soup/acorn squash stuffed with kale+almond risotto/roasted veggies/mashed taters/chickpea gravy/banana-cherry chocolate "ice cream"/peach cobbler.

The banana ice cream is fantastic—learned about it at the five-day program in santa rosa.
6 bananas, frozen in 1" chunks
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tblsp vanilla extract/essence
2 tblsp cocoa powder

Process fruit and soy milk in a food processor until just smooth, and of a soft-serve like texture.
Add cocoa powder and blend. Serve immediately [this can be frozen but tastes much better fresh].
This will not work in a vertical blender, you will end up with a smoothie. :D
I alter the recipe to include 1 cup frozen, pitted, dark cherries, and leave out two of the bananas.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
mairead11

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program