Nov 09 MWL Anniversary! ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:28 pm

good for you Mommylut. Sometimes we just have to say no and get rid of it. I know bagels are a big down fall for me.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby amyla51 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi all! Hope everyone is staying warm. We have snow in the forescast for Friday! Yeah! (do you hear the sarcasm?) :P
I have avoided posting because I have been a little down...no big deal, but here it is: I went to my PCP Monday, all smiles and hoping to get a perfect report, because, after all, I've been McDougalling for a month! Shouldn't I be all better?? Well, my numbers aren't that great, except for blood sugar, which had dropped 30 points and my BP which was pretty good. She was more excited than I was, but grimaced when I said I was not taking a calcium supplement or Vit D.

Anyway, I am back, and I am strong and NOTHING is going to stop me now, not even me!!

So, let's all weigh in tomorrow and see how we are doing. Good, bad, or in between. Let's do this together. I will tally the results like Maread did, and let you know the results on Friday.

Amy :)
Amy in NH

"Potato Power!" (courtesy of Jeff Novick)
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
"On Plan and planning to stay that way." (Thanks, Letha)
amyla51

Postby toadfood » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Amy, in one month you've lost 17 pounds and your blood sugar has dropped 30 points. CELEBRATE! The other changes will come in time.

Go Amy, Go Amy, rah, rah, rah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Okay, I did real good today :) All foods, on plan and some good exercise off and on throughout the whole day which was wonderful. Having so much energy that i can't sit still is SO DIFFERENT from my usual. :lol:

we post our weight on Thurs around here? cool...I can weigh again tomorrow and maybe it'll show more than a half pound :P *she typed, sitting in her size 18 jeans ZIPPED UP and everything*

mommylut you did WELL with that bagel! yay!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby amyla51 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Kristy- Is this your first week? If so, I will go ahead and post Friday morning; if you have been doing this more than a week and have a weight change to share, I will wait for you before totalling our results.

Mommylut- Good for you for feeding the trash can! That's hard to do, but didn't you feel good?

Toadfood- Thanks for the cheer! You're right.....I AM celebrating my successes.

REMINDER TO EVERYONE: Tomorrow is our first weigh in for November. Join the fun and post your numbers. I will tally them and post results on Friday.

Amy :)
Amy in NH

"Potato Power!" (courtesy of Jeff Novick)
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
"On Plan and planning to stay that way." (Thanks, Letha)
amyla51

Postby toadfood » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:42 am

Hi gang! I hope everyone gets good news at weigh-in.

I'm back down below my previous low weight, yay! You can put me down for a net loss of 0.4 pound. Now I just need to hang on to success and see if I can lose weight two weeks in a row. :lol:

I'm going to have a busy weekend, so I'm trying to get food prep done now. Last night I went to the grocery store, bought 10 lbs of potatoes and ingredients for the Three Sisters Stew in the October newsletter. I baked the potatoes when I got home last night. Tomorrow is an early day at work, so I'll make the stew then.

I'm on plan and planning to stay that way.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Minus 3

Postby Yomom » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:03 am

Minus 3 lbs for me this week. Still mono-eating and walking.
Cheers,
K
Yomom

Postby Gramma Jackie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:17 am

Start-Oct. 19, 2009---255 lbs.

Now--Nov. 5, 2009--245 lbs.
Gramma Jackie

checking in

Postby raven » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:28 am

Hi. I lost 3 pounds this week. This is the lowest i have been in a long time. I cut the amount of starch i was eating and left the veggies, fruit, and beans the same.

I've had a busy couple of days but found time to cook a quick supper plus some raw veggies to fill me up.
raven

Postby kirstykay » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:49 am

amyla51 wrote:Kristy- Is this your first week? If so, I will go ahead and post Friday morning; if you have been doing this more than a week and have a weight change to share, I will wait for you before totalling our results.

Amy - I started the 10 day MM 11 days ago, and as of Monday, I had lost 6 pounds all due to that. I joined this thread on November 2nd I think. So I don't know how you want to count it. I will weigh in tomorrow morning at the gym (I don't have a scale at home), and I'll let you know my total total then. Mabe after this week I can get on schedule with you gals and weigh in on Thursday to simplify things

Kirsty
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Della Street » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:08 am

I'm down 1 lb since I started Mary's Mini 2 days ago. :-D
Della Street
http://cotton-picker.blogspot.com
http://cottonpickercooking.blogspot.com
Della Street

Postby debable » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:35 am

Hi, this is my starting weight for my MWL journey,172.4.Next week I will report and every week thereafter, no matter how I feel about the number on the scale.

I started a diet support group in my home yest.,there are just 3 of us for now. The others aren't McDougalling but one has read some books I gave her and is moving in that direction just not ready to totally commit yet. I just have to lose more weight than them every week and then maybe they will see the light :D
Some people dream about success......Others wake up and work hard at
it.
debable

Postby Letha.. » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:37 am

Good morning all. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I’m down 3.0 pounds for the week. My loss this week helped me pass two milestones. I’ve now dropped below 350 which is nice, and I now have less than 200 pounds left to lose which is also nice. The next big milestone for me will be reaching the weight of 336 which would put me past the ½ way mark between where I started and my goal weight. Here is a link to my updated weight loss stats.
Letha

http://mcdougallstats.wordpress.com/200 ... oss-stats/

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Postby aussie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:05 am

Wow. Those are impressive results. Congratulations!
aussie

Re: Posting my weigh in for today since I do not

Postby Letha.. » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:45 am

Lindas wrote:see any one posting a link for it yet.

lost 1 lb

Hi Lindas,
We just post our weekly weight loss results in this thread. We don’t have a separate link/thread/post for weight loss results. Congratulations on your one pound loss for the week. :)
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program